bank guarantee success at last

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
02 Apr 2009 12:00 AM by supra492 Star rating. 32 posts Send private message

Hi everyone,

Had an e-mail today from Zurich International aka ACC Seguros, in Spain from the man who didn't reply to lawyers. I am getting my money. Put pressure on Zurich here in the UK. I am now awaiting a reply from the Financial Ombudsman, with a view to suing Grupo Lar or Morgan Stanley or both for the compensation agreed in my contract. I hope this gives you all some hope. 

Roy

Like 0      
02 Apr 2009 8:52 PM by alantracey Star rating. 156 posts Send private message

Great to hear some good news.

Well done roy

tracey

Like 0      
02 Apr 2009 11:30 PM by MAGICMEG Star rating in Scotland. 546 posts Send private message

Hi Supra well done hope all goes well for you .Just wondered how you found this out ,ie how could others find out if theBank /company holding their BG is part of or affiliated to other  companies.Cheers MM

Nothing surprises me anymore  

but I am willing to accept that sometimes (although not very often ) I can be  wrong !

Like 0      
03 Apr 2009 9:05 AM by supra492 Star rating. 32 posts Send private message

Hi MM and others,

The internet is a wonderful tool. Just keep typing in company names and you will be amazed what you find. A lot of British companies ar companies with offices over here invested in Spain in the boom, they are the ones you should target through direct contact or the FSA, FOS etc. They can be got at. Good luck.

Roy

Like 0      
03 Apr 2009 9:43 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Wonderful news. Congratulations!

Maria

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
03 Apr 2009 10:08 AM by supra492 Star rating. 32 posts Send private message

Hi Maria,

Thank you for your reply. It is not over yet till I get my money. I would like to thank you on behalf of everybody on EOS for all the unpaid work you do on this site. I know you get business from it put nobody works for nothing.Sometimes even people like yourselfneed a little outside help from you clients, we all have access to the net. So everybody do your bit to help and find out who owns what from this country and do your bit to help. No more running down Maria , Lawyers of Spain and others for profiteering, do your bit and you will get your money quicker and cheaper.

Roy

Like 0      
24 Oct 2009 11:06 PM by Donal79 Star rating. 15 posts Send private message

Hi Roy,

I am in the process of suing ACC in relation to a BG.  I am very interested in how you approached Zurich in the UK.  Did you have particular contacts with them, or did you approach them through their Customer complaints department or Public Affairs?  If it is possible to prevail on the parent company to put pressure on the subsidiary, this is an avenue that I would like to pursue.

I am fascinated that such a large company such as Zurich is prepared to allow a subsidiary to refuse to act on bank guarantees, apparently in blatent contravention of the law.  It would seem that the reputational damage for such a large company arising from such an approach matters little to them.  Or maybe you can advise otherwise. 

Any advice on how you approached Zurich would be gratefully received!

Thanks,

Donal

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Attention! Real estate agents - 2 posts
What are you having for lunch? - 24 posts
Too risky to ask my UK bosses to work remotely in Spain? - 2 posts
Ryanair - A good story for a change. - 12 posts
New Car Price Reduction - 33 posts
OUR WEE COUNTRY - 0 posts
Shops in Quesada? - 18 posts
Can anyone recommend a supplier of external blinds in the Manilva area, CDS? - 1 posts
Yorkshire Linen Company - 0 posts
Yorkshire Linen Company - 6 posts
VILLAPAC - BE VERY CAREFUL - 2 posts
Wireless connection - 2 posts
Taking my cat to spain - 4 posts
Truck to UK in May. - 3 posts
Can we have a 'quote' feature please on EOS ? - 2 posts
new to forum and have bought in Entre Golf. - 4 posts
Driving down to Spain - 23 posts
New Sky Cards - Confirmation - 15 posts
Tenants just walked out.. - 19 posts
Peninsula threatening to seize UK assets and force purchasers to complete on Medina Elvira golf in Granada - 7 posts
Peninsula threatening to seize UK assets and force purchasers to complete on Medina Elvira golf in Granada - 20 posts
gas bottle prices coming down - 11 posts
Grants - 3 posts
Grants - 0 posts
What Documents and other items must I have in the car - 35 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x