Five changing frequencies...possible problems

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
26 Mar 2009 12:00 AM by satandpcguy Star rating in Gandia, Valencia. 399 posts Send private message

satandpcguy´s avatar

I should have posted this a few weeks ago when i heard about it...

Channels FIVE and its sister channels are in the process of changing their frequencies . At the moment they channels are available on BOTH old and new frequencies.

This is becasuse the satellite operator needs to move the satellite FIVE was on to sort out some issues at another location.

So if you have a darkbox or other generic receiver you will need to rescan....see you instruction manual that should have been left for you by your installer.

You can do it yourself by and save your self a call out fee by rescanning the following frequency settings.

Frequency 12422
Polarisation H
FEC 2/3
SR 27.5

This new frequency is on Astra 2As SOUTH beam..so reception should not really be affected.

If you have a Sky box then not to worry as your Sky box will have SELF UPDATED.
Freesat is not affected - your Freesat five is not affected at all.

UPDATE: 26 MAtch 2009

Given the amount of calls i have been getting, it appers that FIVE has changed its frequency setting, but not all sky receivers have been updated with the new frequencies.

It appears that some people using smaller dishes that cannot get the data that updates the frequencies, probably as they cannot get the data stream on 11778, which carries all the requried data on frequencies.

This should be able to be resolved by unplugging the box from the power, and reinserting the plug, and rebooting the receiver - note you may have to go through the default transponder frequency process to boot your box up, but hopefully this will update the FIVE frequencies in the box.

So much for auto updating the freqencies - although this has worked ok on all of my sky boxes and on the ones on my small dish also.

www.satandpcguy.com Satellite TV & Sky TV in Spain installers. Costa Blanca, Azahar and Valencia areas.

"Like" us on Facebook

Like 0      
26 Mar 2009 7:57 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

You should be able to do a forced update with a Sky box, i've had to do it several times (in the UK) with my HD box. I'm not sure though if that just updates the software or if the frequencies could be affected too?

Mark

Like 0      
26 Mar 2009 8:29 PM by satandpcguy Star rating in Gandia, Valencia. 399 posts Send private message

satandpcguy´s avatar

the frequencies and channel parameters are updated when a sky box is rebooted up...nothing to do with the software.

www.satandpcguy.com Satellite TV & Sky TV in Spain installers. Costa Blanca, Azahar and Valencia areas.

"Like" us on Facebook

Like 0      
26 Mar 2009 8:32 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Even easier then

Cheers

Mark

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

kids bicycles - 4 posts
Settling in. - 7 posts
Digger & driver for hire (Mazarron Area) - 0 posts
Nearly new Funiture pack - 2 posts
Bouncy Castle for sale. - 5 posts
air conditioning - 5 posts
The Wok Buffet - 6 posts
1 bed apartment wanted Manilva/Duquesa area - 2 posts
Looking for a housekeeping job - 0 posts
Andalucia Lifestyle - 4 posts
Which one are you..........???! - 1 posts
Looking for a Cleaner - 0 posts
Search and new site problems - 10 posts
Earth Hour Saturday 28th March 2009 - 8 posts
La Renta tax form 210 - How to complete - 2 posts
Free Market Electricity - 0 posts
IS THE BOTTOM IN SIGHT FOR SPAIN'S PROPERTY MARKET? - 39 posts
Petition to the Governor of the Bank of Spain - 2 posts
CAM bank calculation of Mortgage rate are the incorrect? - 4 posts
Peugeot 206 diesel for sale Spanish registered LHD - 3 posts
Costa advice bureau - 1 posts
Solar powered hot water - 4 posts
Introduction - 0 posts
self employed income tax payments - 2 posts
Community Fees in Lanzarote - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x