Jerez Formula 1 testing February and March 2009

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
09 Feb 2009 12:00 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

For any motorsport fans in Spain, this week some of the F1 teams are testing up at Jerez.  They are also there the first week of March.

This week the following teams are confirmed:

Williams

Maclaren

Toro Rosso

Red Bull

Renault

Not sure yet which teams will be there in March but will let you know when details are published.

We can't make it this week but will be going up in March.  It's a great day out and only 5 Euros to get in.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
09 Feb 2009 2:30 PM by tinto. Star rating in Scotland & Nr Estepo.... 243 posts Send private message

tinto.´s avatar

How far is Jerez from Estepona?

Like 0      
09 Feb 2009 2:38 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

It's about an hour and a half if I remember right.

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
09 Feb 2009 2:58 PM by Jet48 Star rating in Estepona / Great Yar.... 106 posts Send private message

Jet48´s avatar

This message was last edited by Jet48 on 2/9/2009.

Like 0      
09 Feb 2009 3:08 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar

I noticed from the website that they're not testing there at the end of July this year!!  We're really disappointed!  We enjoy going there - and last year our son was over the moon to see Ferrari there!!  (I'm a Maclaren fan myself!)

Shame we can't make March!!

Like 0      
09 Feb 2009 3:45 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Bummer!! We don't arrive unti Sunday lunchtime .

Mark

Like 0      
09 Feb 2009 4:44 PM by sunnymim Star rating. 34 posts Send private message

Hamilton and Alonso will be at Jerez this coming Thursday and Friday.

Like 0      
11 Feb 2009 10:07 AM by sharonw Star rating in Coin, Malaga. 281 posts Send private message

sharonw´s avatar

Hi Justin,

So do you pay as you go in - no need to book?

Regards

Sharon

sharon@tmasspain.com

www.themortgageservicegroup.com

Like 0      
11 Feb 2009 8:02 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Yeah, just pay when you turn up.

I went there today.  It was great to see and hear the cars again.  The 2009 cars don't look as odd as people made them out to be.

Will post the video here tomorrow.

Justin

Like 0      
12 Feb 2009 1:24 PM by bill Star rating. 42 posts Send private message

Justin,

Many thanks - yes, please can you post details of the March testing when known as I have a few "petrol-head" / golfing friends over the 1st week of March and they definitely want to go to watch the testing (much cheaper than playing golf).

Love the Siesta Show by the way.

Bill

Like 0      
13 Feb 2009 5:00 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Some coverage from the testing on Wednesday whilst I was there...

Like 0      
13 Feb 2009 5:21 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar

Bill, you can check out the dates at www.circuitodejerez.com/en/home.htm.   Click on the calendar link and you'll see the testing dates.

This message was last edited by Pitby on 2/13/2009.

Like 0      
13 Feb 2009 6:09 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

13 Feb 2009 11:58 PM by dealse Star rating in Welwyn Hertfordshire.... 64 posts Send private message

dealse´s avatar

Top video, many thanks for that, cant wait.

Like 0      
18 Feb 2009 1:05 PM by bill Star rating. 42 posts Send private message

Thanks Pitby,

It would also be great if Justin is able to advise us of the teams which are scheduled to be testing in Jerez from 2nd to 4th March (when known).

Bill

Like 0      
24 Feb 2009 8:46 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

I see most of the major teams are now confirmed for the first week of March - just wondering, any particular day likely to be better than another, or are they all the same? Thinking of going on the Monday - don't fancy mixing with Sunday afternoon drivers!

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
02 Mar 2009 6:48 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Well, we did go today. Rather wet and miserable, but at least that meant it was very uncrowded! No Ferraris, but McLaren, Renault, Red Bull, Williams, BMW, Toyota (fastest today) and some ugly thing called Force India all made a show. No Lewis, but then he doesn't need the practice

Justin, you're right, the cars don't look odd - although I can't quite work out where the driver's feet go in some of them.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
02 Mar 2009 7:53 PM by webby30 Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

thats why racing drivers are only 4' tall!!!

Like 0      
02 Mar 2009 9:27 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Yes, they all seem to be quite short don't they.  That's why they didn't give me the job as a driver as I'm 6 foot 

Justin

Like 0      
04 Mar 2009 9:52 AM by chelsearoy Star rating. 14 posts Send private message

Hi Justin   /  Roberto,

Can you please advise - when i get to jerez what are the directions to the track?  thanks

Roy 

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

renting ?? - 4 posts
Bank guarantees. Any successes? - 67 posts
Google ads change - 3 posts
JNSQ - 4 posts
PEACEFUL DEMONSTRATION PLEASE JOIN US - 3 posts
Telephone Systems - 0 posts
My favourite restaurant in Costa Blanca - 8 posts
taking your dog to Spain - 16 posts
Clover Estates / Procoal - 1 posts
5 BERTH LEFT HAND DRIVE FIAT DUCATO-SIR MOBIL 1994 - FOR SALE - 0 posts
Co-owner or Not? - 10 posts
UK Spanish magazines closing down - 4 posts
Abusive agent commissions ... 40% !!! - 11 posts
Power of Attoney - 6 posts
Double Bed Mattress And Base For Sale - 0 posts
Use of Email to notify/call an AGM - 3 posts
Bilingual State Schools Near Malaga? - 6 posts
Another victory for our lawyer . - 10 posts
Delivery of goods from the UK - 6 posts
I'm not good enough for an Algorfa forum - 1 posts
Free Sky TV - 3 posts
1.9 stalite dish &sky box with card for sale - 12 posts
table tennis table, exterior wanted - 7 posts
Repossession - 1 posts
Private messages HELP PLEASE!!! - 11 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 40

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x