Google ads change

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
09 Feb 2009 12:00 AM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Hi Justin, have you changed the layout of your Adsense ads? Over the weekend, there seems to be an excessive amount of scrolling needed to get from the top of the page to any content. It seems that instead of 2x horizontal ads, you now have 1x horizontal and 1x vertical. I know the site relies on clicks, but ay chance of pautting it back again please?

Thanks

Mark

Like 0      
09 Feb 2009 12:14 PM by ******** Star rating in UK & Murcia. 574 posts Send private message

I agree Mark, I kept thinking i'd got the wrong page or it hadn't loaded properly, bit of a nuisance but ok when you realise what you're looking for is a mile down the page!!

Jane

Like 0      
09 Feb 2009 1:29 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Yes, sorry about that.  We are moving away from the Google ads for the new site (due in less than two weeks) to be replaced by our sponsors, so we needed to up the ads displayed for some testing we're doing for sponsor placements.  The Google ads allow us to track everything though the analytics so the data is very useful.  Hopefully we can get enough of the sponsors on board to banish the Google ads from the site, even if they have keep the site going for over 4 years.

I'm afraid you're going to have to just try and ignore them over the next couple of weeks whilst we make the transition to the new site.  It will be worth it, honest!

Thanks

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
12 Feb 2009 5:01 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Whilst I appreciate that the ads are needed for the upkeep of the site, they do seem to be taking over now. On one page, 4 different ads for Experian, all graphics too!! Could you not try to implement something a little more discreet? If I were a new user, I would be tempted to go elsewhere to be honest. A forum I use inserts a small ad into the break between forum posts. Under every 4th post is a small ad, much less intrusive.

Roll on the new site  

Mark

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

JNSQ - 4 posts
PEACEFUL DEMONSTRATION PLEASE JOIN US - 3 posts
Telephone Systems - 0 posts
My favourite restaurant in Costa Blanca - 8 posts
taking your dog to Spain - 16 posts
Clover Estates / Procoal - 1 posts
5 BERTH LEFT HAND DRIVE FIAT DUCATO-SIR MOBIL 1994 - FOR SALE - 0 posts
Co-owner or Not? - 10 posts
UK Spanish magazines closing down - 4 posts
Abusive agent commissions ... 40% !!! - 11 posts
Power of Attoney - 6 posts
Double Bed Mattress And Base For Sale - 0 posts
Use of Email to notify/call an AGM - 3 posts
Bilingual State Schools Near Malaga? - 6 posts
Another victory for our lawyer . - 10 posts
Delivery of goods from the UK - 6 posts
I'm not good enough for an Algorfa forum - 1 posts
Free Sky TV - 3 posts
1.9 stalite dish &sky box with card for sale - 12 posts
table tennis table, exterior wanted - 7 posts
Repossession - 1 posts
Private messages HELP PLEASE!!! - 11 posts
Dunelm offer... wow ! - 0 posts
Buying off plan - 4 posts
Van space to and from UK. - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x