Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
19 Jan 2009 12:00 AM by Kita Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

HI ,anyone out there who can explain me the following :

A property for sale ,asked mortgage offer at 2 local spanish banks ,

They both use same valuation company for the valuation,but both banks still insist having a seperate valuation by same valuation company ....,and do not allow me to arrange it directly myselve at the valuation company .

so i will have 1 valuator going to the property and i will have to pay twice for same valuation.!! ,a matter of copy and paste and just add a different bank name on it i would think .

thx Kita

Like 0      
20 Jan 2009 2:32 PM by Distintive Star rating. 17 posts Send private message

It is normal, although not practical and especially not cheap for the client. I think that the reason is, for one, that banks always want to use their own valuation company (even if it is the same), two, banks usually have got a private agreement with a valuator, I don't mean for illegal things, just that they have an agreement by which they send business to the valuator in exchange of the valuator, as much as possible, evaluating "favorably" so that if the bank wants to give the mortgage it can do it (for example, within reasonable limits, putting the value in 150000 instead of 145000 so that the 80% of it is what the client needs to go ahead).

A valuator is a valuator and supposedly always legal, so one should be able to contract one oneself and send the report to any bank, but any bank will tell you that they don't want the report you have, they will only accept the one given by their own valuator. Also, it is as well a question of them believing in their valuator and preferring not to take risks with some other's report.

Like 0      
20 Jan 2009 4:22 PM by sharonw Star rating in Coin, Malaga. 281 posts Send private message

sharonw´s avatar

Hi Kita,

it is actually quite common for a lender to accept an extisting valuation as long as it is still valid and not near the end of its 'life'. The valuation company used must be one that is on their panel and there is usually a small fee to change the lender name on the report.   In your situation it could just be that if each of the lenders are aware that you have applied to the other, they may both just be digging their heels in!    It could also be an administrative principal, in that neither lender wants the responsibility of changing the ownership!

Regards

Sharon

sharon@tmasspain.com

www.themortgageservicegroup.com

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

A Legal Question - re; Buying and licences - 0 posts
Car boots and markets - 11 posts
Builder's supply of water and electricity - 16 posts
Trampolin Hills - Royal Dream - Action Group - Anyone on it? - 1 posts
Builder has taken out mortgages on properties - 5 posts
Child with Autism/Asbergers Syndrome - Any educational facilities east of Malaga? - 2 posts
Santander buys GE Capital Bank Ltd - 1 posts
Looking for Iberbanda wireless router - 4 posts
Generator for sale. New. Diesel engine - 0 posts
vet in france - 0 posts
For sale: Brand new Ikea furniture - 0 posts
Mortgage switch - 2 posts
Loan guarantor - 2 posts
Changing your Spanish Mortgage - 8 posts
desperate for info and help on dispute with atlas/aroca/builder and lack of deeds....all replies welcome - 4 posts
Change of Gated Community into Commercial Community - 6 posts
Rumours of Euroland - 12 posts
New to eyeonspain - buying on Trampolin Royal Dream - 12 posts
Dubai - 0 posts
Dubai - 3 posts
At what point can a bank guarantee be executed? - 16 posts
furniture wanted - 2 posts
residencia certificate - 26 posts
Broadband Service in the Manilva Area & Compatible Computer Connections - 4 posts
Digital Radio in Spain - 7 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x