Sterling accounts in Spanish banks

Currency exchange Spain
Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
21 Dec 2008 12:00 AM by scampi Star rating in London & Alfaix nr. .... 91 posts Send private message

scampi´s avatar

Are these a good idea? My Spanish bank offers better interest right now than here in England. My question is how easy is it to transfer funds into my normal euro account and do they charge a fortune for this. Also what kind of exchange rate do they tend to give?

Like 0      
22 Dec 2008 7:14 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

The juicy offers on Sterling are mostly for accounts which tie your rmoney up for a year. Are you prepared / able to do this? Either way, act fast, because I doubt they'll maintian those rates much longer - I'm sure they've been watching the BoE base rate too! As for transferring between £ and € accounts, you should check with your bank. Which bank is it? Maybe they have details on their website?

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
23 Dec 2008 8:42 AM by scampi Star rating in London & Alfaix nr. .... 91 posts Send private message

scampi´s avatar

My bank accounts - including the sterling one [nothing in it yet] are instant access and just over 4% interest. I can tie the money up and at the current Ex rate probly would leave in sterling anyway. I just wondered how easy it was to transfer it to euros as I cannot find any details on the web-site

Like 0      
23 Dec 2008 5:04 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

I imagine it would be easy enough to transfer between accounts, but definitely check with your bank before you do so, because Spanish banks tend to charge hefty fees for even the most straightforward transaction. You may find details in the small print of the paperwork from when you opened the accounts, but it will be easier and quicker just to ask!

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
04 Feb 2009 2:47 PM by Acky Star rating. 58 posts Send private message

Be careful when exchanging via the banks, as you will get hit hard.  A typical transaction is approx £25.  And, from experience, when transacting a substantial amount of £sterling into euros when purchasing a property in Spain, it was stung with a 300euro bank fee!

Like 0      
04 Feb 2009 2:54 PM by scampi Star rating in London & Alfaix nr. .... 91 posts Send private message

scampi´s avatar

I would always use an exchange company such as 4X - best rates , no charges.

Like 0      
04 Feb 2009 3:21 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Scampi

Interesting to watch rates keep changing HERE ON 4X  

Like 0      
04 Feb 2009 3:30 PM by scampi Star rating in London & Alfaix nr. .... 91 posts Send private message

scampi´s avatar

Yes - it is a useful site - you can trade on-line and they rae very quick and reliable.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Christmas Day Dinner Cañadas del Romero Mazarron - 0 posts
Seasons Greetings/ Felicidades Navidad - 21 posts
Ford Transit Diesel For Sale - 0 posts
"parking sign" tax - 0 posts
BravaChat Podcast Number Six - 0 posts
Web camera - 0 posts
Jajah in Spain - 0 posts
Reducing Spanish Income Tax - 1 posts
Finding solicitor - 2 posts
Digenius WARNING - 1 posts
paying my taxes - 5 posts
Dación en pago - 7 posts
Ex Rate good for me! Can i lock it? - 2 posts
San Miguel - 0 posts
Info wanted on Las Alcazares, Murcia - 7 posts
Eye Tests - 5 posts
Hot Tub for sale - 0 posts
returning to spain - 0 posts
Looking for Work: Magazine Design & Layout Artist - 0 posts
Suzuki Vitara Convertable for sale - 0 posts
pets - 6 posts
Internet Explorer security alert - 13 posts
Any Info ? - 4 posts
Spanish Language Lessons - 0 posts
Proxy Votes - 7 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x