Info wanted on Las Alcazares, Murcia

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
17 Dec 2008 12:00 AM by spanishsteve Star rating in Surrey, Eastbourne &.... 81 posts Send private message

Hi, I am looking at relocating to LA in about 3 years time when I take early reirement. I have spent the last 2 years holidaying there. Has anybody got any comments on the town, good or bad?

Thanks, Steve.

Like 0      
23 Dec 2008 9:30 AM by lifeline Star rating in Murcia. 365 posts Send private message

lifeline´s avatar

Great town! We love it and looked at properties there. We bought 15 minutes away on the edge of a Spanish town only for 2 reasons. We got more for our money away from the coast. 

Being a holiday town L.A. has a population of approx. 10,000 in the off season and 25,000 in the high season.(figures approx.)

Daveil

Like 0      
23 Dec 2008 9:55 AM by ******** Star rating in UK & Murcia. 574 posts Send private message

Hi spanishsteve, welcome to the forum.  I've got a place near LA and love it.  I'm sure Gina (aka Candyfloss) will be along soon.  She can tell you more as she's nearer to LA.  It's a great place, very popular and has all you need to live.  Nothing bad as far as I know.  Good luck!

Jane

Like 0      
23 Dec 2008 2:51 PM by hugh_man Star rating in Kent/Roda . 1593 posts Send private message

hugh_man´s avatar

Hi Spanishsteve

I am in Roda just outside of LA and about 15 mins cycle ride to the beautiful beaches with 5KM of promenade for walking or cycling. The whole area is very flat so ideal for cycling and there are numerous cycle paths beside the roads.

LA is only 5 mins from Murcia (San Javier) airport which is a great asset, plus a new international airport is being built at Corvera about 20 mins drive inland. Because of this a number of golf courses and complexes have sprung up in the surrounding area.

The towns of Murcia and Cartagena are both within easy reach and have a great mixture of history as well as shops.

LA itself is a great mix of old Spainsh with some newer British urbanisations and offers some good restaurants and tapas bars. The buildings are generally low rise which is very pleasant especially along the sea front.

The old part of town is full of narrow streets and a little crowded in summer, very difficult to park and not particularly attractive but seafront and surrounds are supplied with parks etc.and is generally tastfully built.

There are a number of supermarkets to chose from as well as 2 local markets each week and a reasonable mix of local shops and hotels.

I believe the actual figures for population are close to 15,000 rising to 100,000 in summer as town is full of holiday homes with many Spaniards coming from Madrid.

Depends on the type of place you would like to retire to but I would highly recommend the area.

Best of luck

Like 0      
23 Dec 2008 3:43 PM by joninspain Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi,

Lived here 6 years about 15 minutes away. If I was moving to Spain now I would choose LA or close to it. It is perfect for flights, Murcia, Cartagena, beaches, golf, everything in fact. The town hall have been stricter than further up the coast and it is generally low rise, well spaced out with plenty of green/park areas. Good shopping facilities , a mix of old town LA and new at Los Narejos shopping mall and a good selection of bars and restaurants. It is still predominantly Spanish but sufficient UK residents to not feel isolated. All in all well recommended.

Like 0      
23 Dec 2008 5:31 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Hi

We are not far away at Santiago de la Ribera, we visit LA a lot when we are over as it is only 10 mins from us. Very nice area

Like 0      
23 Dec 2008 7:43 PM by spanishsteve Star rating in Surrey, Eastbourne &.... 81 posts Send private message

Hi everyone, a big thank you for responding to my query. You have all confirmed what we were thinking about LA being more than suitable for the future. I have been keeping a close eye on the temperatures over the coming winter period. Once again, thanks and 'Feliz Navidad'.

Regards, Steve. 

Like 0      
29 Mar 2009 4:52 PM by directpropertysales Star rating. 22 posts Send private message

nice area a lot of things to do, very english there

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Eye Tests - 5 posts
Hot Tub for sale - 0 posts
returning to spain - 0 posts
Looking for Work: Magazine Design & Layout Artist - 0 posts
Suzuki Vitara Convertable for sale - 0 posts
pets - 6 posts
Internet Explorer security alert - 13 posts
Any Info ? - 4 posts
Spanish Language Lessons - 0 posts
Proxy Votes - 7 posts
Importing a car into Spain - 8 posts
Non Resident buying a car in Spain - 5 posts
municipal swimmingpool - 11 posts
estate agent - 0 posts
Help us choose our TV logo - 29 posts
Currency dilemma - 116 posts
Auditor Resigns over missing cash receipts - 9 posts
Green Mould - 3 posts
Spanish Recipe - 8 posts
Rent Increase: what is allowed - 7 posts
Planning permission and "finca rustica" - 0 posts
TDT - 26 posts
Christmas quiz - ho ho ho - 21 posts
christmas opening times - 1 posts
Any info on going personally bankrupt in Spain? - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x