Ex Rate good for me! Can i lock it?

Currency exchange Spain
Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
18 Dec 2008 12:00 AM by SIMONE12 Star rating in DEVON. 23 posts Send private message

Hi hopefully (fingers crossed) i will be receiving a full refund of my deposits around Jan 2009. Now i find myself constantly checking the Ex rate every day and seeing the Pound getting weaker and weaker, which for me is good, but surely this cant go on. To be honest im not a gambling man and at the rate it is now GBP/EURO 1.060 i would be over the moon to be able to lock this price in now, as come end of Jan, surely there is only one way the rate will go and thats up! My question is to Marie and all members of the forum can i lock this price in? Will my Lawyers be able to do this for me? How will they transfer the money back to the UK?

Thank you.. Ex rate now 1.054!!

Like 0      
18 Dec 2008 1:41 PM by claire T Star rating in Torremendo, Orihuela. 688 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter

Hi Simone - yes you can forward purchase currency at today's rate.  There are lots of companies you can go to but I use John Mohan at Sterling Exchange (johnmohan@sterlingexchange.co.uk) as he is very patient with me and takes the time to explain the complexities of the market. - finance is not one of my strengths!  You get the commercial rate rather than the tourist one.  I unfortunately have to move money the other way so am losing a fortune!

He advised me this week that the rate is going to continue to get worse (better from your point of view) so you should maybe hang on a bit longer.  I also do the transaction by internet bank transfer so there are no fees to pay.

Hope you get your deposit back without any hassle!

Like 0      
27 Dec 2008 9:47 AM by spainops Star rating in Benidorm, Spain. 21 posts Send private message

I have pm'd you

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

San Miguel - 0 posts
Info wanted on Las Alcazares, Murcia - 7 posts
Eye Tests - 5 posts
Hot Tub for sale - 0 posts
returning to spain - 0 posts
Looking for Work: Magazine Design & Layout Artist - 0 posts
Suzuki Vitara Convertable for sale - 0 posts
pets - 6 posts
Internet Explorer security alert - 13 posts
Any Info ? - 4 posts
Spanish Language Lessons - 0 posts
Proxy Votes - 7 posts
Importing a car into Spain - 8 posts
Non Resident buying a car in Spain - 5 posts
municipal swimmingpool - 11 posts
estate agent - 0 posts
Help us choose our TV logo - 29 posts
Currency dilemma - 116 posts
Auditor Resigns over missing cash receipts - 9 posts
Green Mould - 3 posts
Spanish Recipe - 8 posts
Rent Increase: what is allowed - 7 posts
Planning permission and "finca rustica" - 0 posts
TDT - 26 posts
Christmas quiz - ho ho ho - 21 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x