bmibaby online check-in for return flight?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
16 Oct 2008 12:00 AM by hablando Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

I have booked with bmibaby to Alicante and opted for online check-in, which has to be done within 48 hours of the flight.
Can anyone tell me if you can do out & return check-in at the same time, or do you have to try & find internet access in Spain to check in for the return flight?

Like 0      
17 Oct 2008 6:47 PM by conrad Star rating in Milton Keynes and Dr.... 298 posts Send private message

conrad´s avatar
i think seperatly but start the process and see what it offers you

Like 0      
13 Mar 2010 6:30 AM by peterscot Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi all.
I found an online service, that provides online check in by providing the best seats preffered by us.
They send boarding pass by email and charge 9 euros/person for oneway.

flight check in online

This message was last edited by peterscot on 13/03/2010.

Like 0      
13 Mar 2010 6:45 AM by roddy1 Star rating in Leeds/ Balsicas. 250 posts Send private message

roddy1´s avatar

Hi Hablando you can print off both outward & return at the same time in the uk but depends on your duration of stay.

This message was last edited by roddy1 on 13/03/2010.

Like 0      
13 Mar 2010 7:59 AM by loz elliott Star rating in manchester . 33 posts Send private message

It will probably be like Ryanairs internet check in. I'm going over in the next couple of days for a week and have printed off the boarding passes for my flight out and return. However it does depend on how long you intend to stay in Spain. You have to pay attention to the time you check in for your flight. If you are going out for a month then I would only print out the outward bording ticket only and print the return bording ticket from a computer in Spain a few days before my return journey. 

The airlines have a policy in place that states you have to printout your bording pass for example 14 days before you fly or something like that (you will have to check with the airlines regarding their policy). if you were going out for a month and you printed the out going and return bording pass before you flew out then the return bording pass would not be excepted and you would be charged at the airport for airport check in. 

I hope that answers the question. Check before you get on the flight. I only found this out by chatting to someone on a Ryanair flight last year that it happened to.

Like 0      
14 Mar 2010 9:07 AM by Jontymellor Star rating in Warrington & Cabo R.... 144 posts Send private message

Looks like 8 days before the flight you can book in, so if you are fling back after that its a visit to the internet cafe that can print out the documents for you, I've done it before.

welcome to bmibaby’s online check-in service

Important notice for ALL international travellers: If you have chosen to check in online, please ensure that you provide your passport/valid photo ID details prior to checking in as per APIS security measures from the UK Government. Without doing so you won’t be able to complete the online check-in process and you will have to supply the information at the airport attracting a £5 per passenger per sector charge. For more information on these security measures, click here.

Put your skates on and speed through check-in with bmibaby’s online check-in service. We currently offer online check-in for flights departing from all airports.

Online check-in is available from 8 days (24 hours for Geneva) up to 3 hours before the scheduled departure time for all passengers travelling with one item of hand baggage per passenger with a maximum weight of 10kg. Hand baggage can not exceed 55cm x 40cm x 20cm in size and should fit comfortably into the bmibaby airport hand baggage gauge.

Passengers using online check-in service and arriving at the boarding gate with oversized hand baggage or extra items will be required to pay a manual handling fee of £30 / €30 per item to be carried in the aircraft hold or they will be offloaded and will not be offered a refund.

Save time and avoid airport queues now. Begin the check-in process by entering your details below. Click here for full terms and conditions.

Please note that for return journeys, each flight must be checked-in separately within the specified online check-in window.

Passengers who have requested assistance are required to present themselves to the service provider upon arrival at the airport.

If you check in online and do not present your online boarding card you will be charged a £10 airport check in fee.

Due to unforseen circumstances, online check-in will not be available on flights from Dublin to Cardiff. Passengers should check-in at the airport and will not be charged for this service. We apologies for any

Like 0      
14 Mar 2010 9:08 AM by Jontymellor Star rating in Warrington & Cabo R.... 144 posts Send private message

Looks like 8 days before the flight you can book in, so if you are fling back after that its a visit to the internet cafe that can print out the documents for you, I've done it before.

welcome to bmibaby’s online check-in service

Important notice for ALL international travellers: If you have chosen to check in online, please ensure that you provide your passport/valid photo ID details prior to checking in as per APIS security measures from the UK Government. Without doing so you won’t be able to complete the online check-in process and you will have to supply the information at the airport attracting a £5 per passenger per sector charge. For more information on these security measures, click here.

Put your skates on and speed through check-in with bmibaby’s online check-in service. We currently offer online check-in for flights departing from all airports.

Online check-in is available from 8 days (24 hours for Geneva) up to 3 hours before the scheduled departure time for all passengers travelling with one item of hand baggage per passenger with a maximum weight of 10kg. Hand baggage can not exceed 55cm x 40cm x 20cm in size and should fit comfortably into the bmibaby airport hand baggage gauge.

Passengers using online check-in service and arriving at the boarding gate with oversized hand baggage or extra items will be required to pay a manual handling fee of £30 / €30 per item to be carried in the aircraft hold or they will be offloaded and will not be offered a refund.

Save time and avoid airport queues now. Begin the check-in process by entering your details below. Click here for full terms and conditions.

Please note that for return journeys, each flight must be checked-in separately within the specified online check-in window.

Passengers who have requested assistance are required to present themselves to the service provider upon arrival at the airport.

If you check in online and do not present your online boarding card you will be charged a £10 airport check in fee.

Due to unforseen circumstances, online check-in will not be available on flights from Dublin to Cardiff. Passengers should check-in at the airport and will not be charged for this service. We apologies for any

Like 0      
15 May 2010 8:40 AM by arjen20 Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Hi.
I travel a lot in many countries because of my bussiness and I'm really sick of the check-in procedures by the airlines. Well I can not.
So please do me a number of online providers to inspect servirce in easily and get the preffered seats.

flight check in online

Like 0      
15 May 2010 10:35 AM by guslopez Star rating in Lorca, Murcia.. 745 posts Send private message

If it's as good as the irish monkeys then the queue's are actually longer, as is the time taken to 'drop a bag'. Just a means of extorting more money.

Todos somos Lorca.

Like 0      
14 Nov 2010 9:44 AM by KERRYB Star rating in Wales & Murcia. 113 posts Send private message

Hi

I have booked with bmibaby from Cardiff to Alicante leaving next weekend for the first time with online checkin and hand luggage only.

During on line checkin just realised I could not access or print out the return flight boarding passes a week later !! so hopefully will be to access next Satruday before leaving for airport!

My questions are:

1. I am confident with the Cardiff end as I simply walk strriaght to departure lounge handing in my boarding pass and passport info. Its the return leg from Alicante which I am slightly concerned about. Do you simply go straight up the escelator to the departures entrance as per Cardiff, you probably do but I just wanted to check whether anything else I need to consider 

2 Can I take a laptop in a thin case in addition to hand luggage, the website appears to say I can, but during online checkin it emphasised only 1 item of hand luggage all other items will be charged at 30 euros!

Need my laptop as I am studying my final year of my degree and cant really afford a complete week off with upcoming deadlines for dissertation etc.  

We are staying in Los Alcazares, cant wait hopefully weather will be better than UK

thanks for any help and advice

Like 0      
14 Nov 2010 11:19 AM by Reliant Robin Star rating in Alhaurin Golf, CDS. 19 posts Send private message

Hi KerryB

In response to your questions here are the answers.

1.  You can check in and print off your boarding card from 8 days prior to departure.  If departure and return flight are inside the 8 days you can print them off at the sametime.  I travel through Malaga and used Bmibaby twice this year and won't be again in the future but that is a long story.  As in the UK you go to the security area and then through to the departure lounge.  It is just like you have queued for your boarding card except you already have it.

2.  Hand luggage.  You can only take ONE piece of hand luggage with you.  Everything has to go in that hand luggage.  Be careful because they have the good old cages and sometimes check the size of the hand luggage even at the gate before getting on.  If it doesn't fit then it has to go in the hold and you pay for the privilege.

Have a great trip and good luck with your studies.

Like 0      
14 Nov 2010 1:02 PM by KERRYB Star rating in Wales & Murcia. 113 posts Send private message

thanks for response

Our holiday whilst only 7 days (Sat to Sat) it would not let me print the outward and return at the same time saying you cannot check in online for the return until maximum 7 days from your flight time which would be next Saturday, hope fully before I leave for the airport!

We have had a couple of 9 day hols friday - sunday which if we do decide to do online checkin will have to factor in hassle of printing out the return boarding cards whilst in Spain.

I think I must have gone to the BMI website and not the BMIBABY website as the BMI website says 1 piece of hand luggage and 1 personal item which includes a laptop, the BMIBABY website does say 1 piece only.

I could risk buying a magazine at airport shop and put laptop in same bag, ok to try UK end not so confident spanish end where I have seen people being charged excess and sent away to pay for just 1kg over max weight! or assume weather will be good and take less clothes plus 3 layers on! or simply forget the work I need to do and worry about it when I return!  .

Kerry .

Like 0      
14 Nov 2010 6:09 PM by ******** Star rating in UK & Murcia. 574 posts Send private message

Hi Kerry

I use bmibaby from Cardiff to San Javier or Alicante, and often take a laptop.  Bmibaby are experts at extracting money from you and will try anyway they can to charge extra.

You can only take one piece of hand luggage on the plane, and that includes any books, magazines etc that you buy in departures.  When you check in with hand luggage it's ok'd by check-in staff.  If it's large they sometimes put a sticker on to show it's been through check-in.  This seems to help the staff at the departure gate when they choose who has to put their bags into the thing that measures the size of the hand luggage - yes - all those that checked in on-line which means they have no magic sticker, so they have to then show the bag fits in the tiny measuring cage.  Causes chaos sometimes at the departure gate. I've even been forced by one mini hitler to put a book I was reading back into my hand luggage, to prove it fitted in, before I was allowed through to the plane. 

The laptop has to fit into that one bag with whatever else you're taking on board. You have to take the laptop out of the bag and send it through the security scanner on its own as well.   Good luck!

Jane

Like 0      
14 Nov 2010 8:40 PM by KERRYB Star rating in Wales & Murcia. 113 posts Send private message

ok thanks that settles it.

Laptop in hand luggage, clothes out !!

hope its nice weather !!

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

DIY Dangers of Cement - 3 posts
furniture for sale - 0 posts
Pick a number, any number.... - 23 posts
Mercedes A170 Elegance Class 1.7 petrol 2 Door car FOR SALE - MALAGA AREA - 0 posts
Ryanair to close routes from Valencia? - 1 posts
mosquitoes - 22 posts
DVD Player in Spain - 2 posts
Mobile Air Con Unit - 2 posts
Hydropool Hot Tub - 4 posts
Ford Focus 1.6 Ghia - 3 posts
imports of rattan furniture - 0 posts
Company called Resale Strategy - 10 posts
any one know about moto cross in spain - 0 posts
Long term rental in Costa Calida - 0 posts
Wealth Tax - 1 posts
New Years Eve - 12 posts
Hi I just want to introduce myself - 0 posts
Repeat Prescriptions - 3 posts
hola ! - 8 posts
Polaris world please help - 7 posts
Professional Family Need home ! - 3 posts
FIESTA - 0 posts
Volvo 850 Estate for sale. - 0 posts
I want to buy in Spain - 35 posts
Removing Posts - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 14

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x