Foro de Villas del Arenal en nuevosvecinos.com

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
08 Oct 2008 12:00 AM by smiffyinspain Star rating. 61 posts Send private message

Can someone tell me why I only get bills delivered to the Urbanisation Post Box. I use the same address they use to deliver them  on other services like the bank, private mail and it never gets delivered. Who can I contact to find out why can anyone help.

Like 0      
08 Oct 2008 1:13 PM by irenemontague Star rating in liverpool/carvajal . 794 posts Send private message

Hi we are all in the boat with the post ,we have been told they will not deliver our post becouse of lack of road but the ibi bill was  there bye irene

Like 0      
08 Oct 2008 7:11 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar
The IBI bill is usually hand delivered by the town hall.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
08 Oct 2008 7:16 PM by smiffyinspain Star rating. 61 posts Send private message

so would the telefonica bill be delivered by telefonica then

Like 0      
08 Oct 2008 7:23 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar
No. Telefónica don't care if you don't get your bill. Sorry if I mislead you, I was just explaining to irene why the IBI bill arrives but nothing else.

Mark Twain

Like 0      
08 Oct 2008 8:13 PM by irenemontague Star rating in liverpool/carvajal . 794 posts Send private message

Hi roberto i did not know they hand del them, good news thats one i will allways get bye irene

Like 0      
09 Oct 2008 11:28 AM by claire T Star rating in Torremendo, Orihuela. 689 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter
Hi Smiffy - if the post office will not deliver you need to go and collect your mail from your nearest Correos office.  I have been fighting with them for the last 5 months, since I moved out permanently, and they are still making excuses about why they can't deliver to our urb.  I made an official complaint but they have not answered it and I now get even less mail than before - coincidence???

You need to go regularly as they post it back to the sender if it lies for a while.

Best of luck!

Like 0      
05 Nov 2008 10:34 AM by smiffyinspain Star rating. 61 posts Send private message

I took out a private box number which costs me 100 Euros a year. So I thought my problems were over, however, I notified my savings company that I had changed my address and they sent a reply to both my box number address and the address where I was having problems receiving my mail.Both were received. However a friend of mine sent me a letter from the UK he weighed it and had it sent air mail to my box number but it never arrived. It seems that the post office here only deliver mail if they feel like it.
The mail box room where I collect my mail is right next to the post office. So I think the mail system here is a get it sometimes or keep hoping because you wont get your mail all the time.

Like 0      
05 Nov 2008 3:57 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar
Mail from overseas seems to be the major problem. I think a serious investigation is needed, to determine at which point incoming mail gets lost. Maybe someone could start a petition, and send it to the Minister for Postal Services or whatever?

Mark Twain

Like 0      
05 Nov 2008 4:04 PM by smiffyinspain Star rating. 61 posts Send private message

good idea Roberto Ill look into it,think Ill do an article in the coastrider to drum up support

Like 0      
05 Nov 2008 5:37 PM by claire T Star rating in Torremendo, Orihuela. 689 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter
This has become my main passion in life - I am determined to get my mail!!  

When I first arrived I was able to collect my mail at the post office with the builder's address on it - ie Playa Golf II - R2, house no xx.  However, Correos then advised if I didn't put my street name on  they would send everything back.  I have two problems with this - firstly they have said they will not deliver to my house and when they do get around to delivering it will be to the communal box - which is not in my street.  So why is my street name improtant?  Secondly, they know how to identify my mail as they did it for months so I reckon to wilfully deny me my mail is theft.  Next, they have now put up all these blue numbers which you are supposed to put at the end of your street name, then the house number.  Again, the communal box has a completely different blue number so how can this help?  Again, if you don't put this number on they will send your mail back.

They say they won't deliver to our communal box until they are asked but they won't accept me asking - it has to be the president or the administrator.  As the president doesn't speak spanish we asked the administrator to do this.  They said that Correos insisted we repair the boxes before they will deliver (and this has taken months to organise) but Correos deny even having a conversation with the administrator and say they are still waiting for us to ask!  I sent in an official complaint and got no response so I phoned them and they said they had written me a letter !!!!!!!!!!!!!

The administrator has emailed me today to say that they post office have had a meeting about the new blue numbers and that everything is now fine and we should get our mail delivered soon - why do I not believe this??

I emailed the EU as the regulations state that all member states must deliver and collect mail from each house 5 days per week.  Again - I have had no response - maybe they sent me a letter too!

I paid the Royal Mail £100 to redirect my mail and they say they can do nothing if the spanish correos simply send everything back - not their problem.  And they didn't add my street name when I asked them, thus contributing to the problem.  I have had no UK mail for about 6 weeks now and am ready to scream!!

If anyone would like to join me in my battle then I would welcome the support.  I am in Orihuela Costa and the post office I deal with is in Playa Flamenca. 

Once they start delivering to the communal box my next goal is to get them to deliver to the door - I know I'm mad but I have always loved a challenge! 

Like 0      
05 Nov 2008 7:24 PM by smiffyinspain Star rating. 61 posts Send private message

HI 
i dont think they will deliver to the door thats asking for a miracle, I would be happy to have my mail delivered to the community mailbox but it isnt being delivered.
I took out a private box number costing 100 euros, the private box number office is next to the post office in Playa flamenca and they are not delivering mail to this box number. I have had one letter but I know people have sent me mail from the uk to this box number and I am still not getting my mail.
I have written a letter to the coastrider asking if anyone knows of any government department that I can make an official complaint to.
I dont think it is worth while complaining to the post office as they only pay them peanuts therefore you only get monkeys working behind the counter and the couldnt give a toss that your not getting any mail at the end of the day they go home to their cosy lives why should they care about us.

Like 0      
14 Nov 2008 9:20 PM by mark_thompson Star rating. 18 posts Send private message

I get my mail delivered to a local bar... somehow bills seem much nicer with a cold beer.  costs us €40 a year and nothing has ever not been delivered.

Like 0      
15 Nov 2008 6:29 PM by claire T Star rating in Torremendo, Orihuela. 689 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter

Hi Smiffy - further to my complaint, I got a really helpful reply from the EU and I have copied part of this below:

On the basis of your e-mail, it seems that the housing estate in which you reside is managed by the original developers in the sense that the latter act as the link with local service providers including Correos. It is not clear why communal as opposed to individual post boxes were installed or if this was agreed with Correos. In other parts of Spain (notably in areas which have experienced rapid development), it is not uncommon for developers and local authorities to install communal post boxes in agreement with Correos, and this generally works satisfactorily for all parties. Provided residents have access to their mail via communal mail boxes and agree with such arrangements, this practice would not be in breach of national or EU postal rules.
1. Provided that the installation of the communal mail box (closest to your address) has been agreed with Correos, then the latter should honour its agreement to deliver to that mail box. If no such agreement is in place, then Correos would not be bound.
2. In the event that Correos is refusing to give you your mail after having identified yourself as the lawful recipient, you should make a formal complaint and where appropriate bring this to the attention of the Spanish Postal Regulator (see below for further details).
3. In principle, you are entitled to mail delivery to your home. However, developers may have entered into an agreement with inter alia, Correos to use communal mail boxes and this may have been provided for in the contract for the sale of your home. Again, it would appropriate to first formally request Correos to make mail deliveries to your home and, if such a request is refused, to contact the Postal Regulator.
Community rules (Article 19 of Directive 97/67/EC as amended) on the provision of postal services provide a mechanism whereby postal users may seek redress in the event that the service provided by the designated postal operator fails to meets statutory requirements. The first step is to complain to the postal operator. If it fails to act on the complaint or provides an answer you deem unsatisfactory, the next step is to bring this to the attention of the national Postal Regulator. In Spain, the national regulator may be contacted at the address below.
Subdireccion general de regulacion de Servicios Postales
Subsecretaria
Ministerio de Fomento
Paseo de la Castellana 67 (Nuevos Ministerios)
ES -28071 MADRID
I don't know if it was a coincidence or not, but a few days after I got this reply, I saw our postwoman deliver to our communal boxes!  I have still to get my first letter in my box but some of us are going to send ourselves letters and see how many arrive!  I will be writing to the regulator and the more people who do this the better!
Mark - maybe we should leave a wee glass of wine for the postie and see it that helps!

Like 0      
17 Nov 2008 10:35 AM by smiffyinspain Star rating. 61 posts Send private message

Apparantly the town hall is changing everbodys address. I have sent letters telling people of my new mail box address only to be told that the town hall has changed it again.I now have to write letters again telling everyone the address has changed. Meanwhile I am still getting some letters address to my urbanisation malbox,the strange thing is some of the addresses are very brief and its beyond me how they can find the address in the first place,very strange

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

CHEAP FLIGHTS TO SPAIN - 11 posts
Fruit Trees? Off Plan development? LHD vs RHD, Negativity? Mobile broadband? Selling up? Renting? ARRRR!! - 8 posts
Spanish government will adapt measures to increase guarantees on deposits with Banks - 1 posts
Entertainment on the Costa Blanca - 2 posts
FROM the COASTRIDER...............planning permission for 2.4 dish......... - 5 posts
Tourist Plates - 19 posts
Air Conditoning engineer - Estepona - 8 posts
Life in Menorca - 3 posts
Kitting out apartment - 8 posts
advice on selling property - 1 posts
Manilva Beach - 0 posts
Cam Bank - Advice Needed Please - 2 posts
Agents Commision - 11 posts
Tina - 1 posts
Still looking for a bike! - 5 posts
3 Bed Town House For Sale - 1 posts
How do you get your money back rom Villapac? - 118 posts
Best way to Drive: London to Malaga - 11 posts
Security - 2 posts
Buying a car in Cartagena / Murcia - 3 posts
Refund on Off plan development - 4 posts
life insurance - 1 posts
Are Banks cutting Back on lending - 1 posts
Documents you should carry with you - 14 posts
NOT completing - how long to wait for court case - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 15

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x