Complete newcomer to being a Spanish property owner

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
01 Oct 2008 12:00 AM by astelle Star rating in Shaw. 14 posts Send private message

astelle´s avatar
Hi, you all seem really knowledgable reading the threads about communidads etc. I have a basic knowledge of the process but I am virtually ignorant of lots of the detail. I bought a property last May and as yet the developer has not signed over  (or whatever he has to do) for us to set up a communicadad. What I need to know is :
What can we be charged for?  
What are the usual fees charged?
I'd be grateful for any information.

Thanks Astelle

Like 0      
01 Oct 2008 11:07 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar
You will be charged for your share of any shared expenses for services such as cleaning communal areas, gardening, pool maintenance etc., lift maintenance, electricity for lifts and communal lighting (stairs & corridors, for example), building insurance if you are in an apartment building, etc.etc.
When the property is officially handed over by the developer, an adminsitrator is normally appointed, who will work out an annual budget for all these kind of expenses. Your share of the budget will be calculated according to the coefficient (%) stated on your esctritura (deed).
As for how much you will pay - how long is a piece of string? It all depends on what facilities the community has, and between how many properties the cost will be divided. Some members here pay low charges, maybe €30 per month. Others may pay 10 times that!

Welcome to the forum, hope you find all the answers you need here. Who's the puppy? Real cute!

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
04 Oct 2008 8:32 PM by promedia Star rating in Cheshire/Riviera del.... 134 posts Send private message

If you have a look at golfgardensmiraflores.co.uk you can have a look at the AGM tab and read what went on at our last meeting and also the budgets we put together for the running of the community. For your interest we are a community of 60 apartments

Ian Cook - Golf Gardens Miraflores - The best place to live on the Costa del Sol

"A day without sunshine is like.................night"

Like 0      
05 Oct 2008 1:09 PM by astelle Star rating in Shaw. 14 posts Send private message

astelle´s avatar
Thank you for your replies I have found them very useful.

The puppy is my dog Belle

Thanks again

Lynne

Like 0      
06 Oct 2008 4:00 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Belle Astelle?

Who's Lynne?

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Palmera Properties, La Perla...anyone know what's going on?? can you advise ?? - 39 posts
Casa de la Vega, Vera - 8 posts
Long Term Parking Near Murcia Airport (pick up and drop off service) - 2 posts
Snakes!!!!!!! - 19 posts
Renault Scenic Diesel for sale(Spanish) - 1 posts
Tabacs nr St Javier Airport ? - 8 posts
has any one bought..... - 0 posts
Removal Company - 2 posts
Gardens of manilva country club - 2 posts
Excess baggage charges. - 16 posts
BANKINTER - 12 posts
Running a bar/cafe in spain - 4 posts
Cleaner Required - 2 posts
FAO: Justin. Server/ PM problems? - 4 posts
MARKET GONE MAD - 13 posts
Room 101 for ex-presidents and vice presidents - 26 posts
Moped Wanted - Mijas Costa - 0 posts
Electric Bills - 19 posts
Finally its ours!! - 3 posts
can you buy tetralysal acne tablets over the counter in chemist - 0 posts
HELP PLEASE, lost my man with a van - 2 posts
Which way? - 15 posts
How to go about investigating a developer's financial position? - 4 posts
Let's ALL make a denuncia against Telmicro then. - 0 posts
looking to do karaoke and sell ice creem in the day - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x