Broadband, Landlines and Mobile Phones

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
26 Aug 2008 12:00 AM by bottomp Star rating in Essex. 17 posts Send private message

As a fairly heavy user of the Internet and moving permanently to PolarisWorld resort of Hacienda Riquelme grateful if any current Spanish residents can let me have their thoughts on the best Internet offerings
I know the portable Internet Modems are relatively cheap in the UK now.

Also any recommendations, thought or ideas on landlines & the best mobile phone packages at the moment. We have a Spanish Vodafone 'pay as you go' at the moment and thought we may get a better contact deal.

We plan to run a a small Soft Furnishings (Matching Curtains, headboards, cushions etc) and Photography service so will hopefully make and receive quite a few calls.

We will try to use the Internet to keep calls back to the UK low but if anyone has any thoughts on the cheapest way to do that all advice very welcome.
Many thanks in advance

Teresa & Pete

Like 0      
26 Aug 2008 9:33 PM by ayrez Star rating in La Marina Oasis. 379 posts Send private message

We use a mobile phone full time as we are unable to get a landline in the campo. We use Movistar but the tariffs are very similar for all the mobile providers. If you call in at Dos Mares shopping centre in San Javier  (about 15-20  mins from Riquelme) you can pick up a booklet from Car Phone Warehouse that gives details of all the tariffs. 
There are also a couple of new providers  BT, operated by a company called Citrus Red - we use them for cheap UK calls- very reasonable I think. The other is Orange in English  and I think this is operated by  Telitec.  
Sorry I can´t give you contact details but family have used all newspapers with ads to light the barbecue. Someone else may be able to give the details or will post when i get another paper. you could also try Googling .
Incidentally won´t you be able to obtain a landline in Riquelme? Would think that would be better if you are running a business. You would also be able to get the internet that way.

Jean

Like 0      
22 Sep 2008 2:36 PM by jj325 Star rating in San Pedro del Pinata.... 24 posts Send private message

We have lived here for nearly four years and when we first arrived spent an absolute fortune on mobiles, and phone boxes!!!  There are No Telefonica lines where we live yet!!!  We invested in a satellite connection via a fully licensed Norwegian company IAKSESS the set up was not cheap (about 500€) and we pay approx 39€ per month rental.  But I can honestly say that until we get a telifonica landline, I have no hesitation in recommending them, we have only lost our broadband connection 3-5 time sin the last 16 month.  The phone gets a little crackly during bad weather but is is only about 0.02cent per minute to call the Uk!!

http://www.iaksess.net/index2.htm    for the broadband

http://www.iphone.no/   supply the phone connection, you buy credit in advance and just pay for what you use.

We had Vodafone pay as you go mobiles, seem to be the most expensive.  We have changed to Yoigo contract, ordered them over the internet, ported our numbers, tariffs much cheaper, and you get 1 hour free per day Yoigo - Yoigo. You can get yoigo from the Phone House in Dos Mares as well, most of the staff do speak English.

http://www.yoigo.com/index.php

Hopefully links have come through.

Best of luck with the move.  We love it here.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Moving to Spain - why are friends so negative! - 11 posts
Certificate of non Residence - 27 posts
Jim & Marie Cregeen from Calasparra, N.W.Murcia - 0 posts
insurance worrk - 0 posts
Cleaner and local doctor - 0 posts
Duquesa Village - 9 posts
3% TAX ON SELLING PRICE - 1 posts
ONE YEAR DOWN THE LINE - 8 posts
clause to be included for Spanish wills (for british) - 0 posts
Buying & Registering a Spanish car in Spain - 14 posts
Telephone & internet connections - 1 posts
Best Places to Live - 0 posts
Gardens of Manilva - 15 posts
Work in spain?? =S - 4 posts
Nearly There ! - 10 posts
Find spaish friends !! - 0 posts
HOWABOUT LOOKING A SEEING HOW YOUR NEIGHBOURS LIVE - 4 posts
Manilva Beach Phase 3 - 0 posts
state school in san miguel - 0 posts
new owners - 6 posts
Thanks to EOS and all its participatants - 8 posts
las brisas corralejo fuertaventura - 0 posts
New driving law in Spain, whatever next ! - 43 posts
Benefits of buying in cash ? - 3 posts
long term rental - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x