New driving law in Spain, whatever next !

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
23 Aug 2008 10:50 AM by Max Kite Star rating in Castilléjar, Granada. 308 posts Send private message

Max Kite´s avatar
If you speak Spanish, have a trawl through www.dgt.es 

All I found was:

Lleve ropa cómoda y calzado adecuado para la conducción.

Which means "wear clothes and shoes adequate (appropriate) for driving".

I repeat - you don't have to pay the policeman - get the ticket and take it to Banco Santander - you'll get a 30% discount for payment within 1 month (who says you don't get great deals in Spain?!!).

To buzylizzie - no, you have to wear OTHER clothes as well luv.

Like 0      
23 Aug 2008 12:08 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar
That last bit...........

Made me laugh out loud!
Brilliant!

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
23 Aug 2008 12:09 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar
Max Kite, that last bit..................

Made me laugh!
Brilliant!

FibbyUK

Check out my website:

Like 0      
23 Aug 2008 1:46 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

So Max it would seem that a chinese whisper has been going round and as per normal the story has changed to must wear sandals with straps that go round heel.

When I told me BH this morning he said just wear Crocs with the straps down.

Mine are the Spanish version Gators, 2e from San Pedro market.

Like 0      
23 Aug 2008 2:51 PM by Max Kite Star rating in Castilléjar, Granada. 308 posts Send private message

Max Kite´s avatar
I first heard about the flip flop thing from Costa Calida Radio - Stevie T show announced that someone had been done.  

SOMEONE has to pay to fill the gaps in the Spanish finances - it could be YOU!

Just to repeat ad nauseam - you don't have to pay the policeman - get a ticket and pay it in the bank!

Like 0      
23 Aug 2008 3:29 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar
I am in Surrey at the moment Semi, but not for long!
Roll on Sunday, yes, then we will be in sunny Espania!!!
But no TV boo hoo, just have to put up with te OH putting the world to rights!

FibbyUK

Check out my website:

Like 0      
23 Aug 2008 4:05 PM by Max Kite Star rating in Castilléjar, Granada. 308 posts Send private message

Max Kite´s avatar

Hope you have a great time, Fibby

Like 0      
23 Aug 2008 4:13 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar
Thanks Max Kite, I may stay in touch whilst there, I have an EOS member, my neighbour, who kndlyshares her sinal with me!

FibbyUK

Check out my website:

Like 0      
25 Aug 2008 11:46 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar
Well here we are at last, in sunny Espania and loving it......................

The 7 hour flight delay on Monarch didn't help, but we finally arrived at midnight, knackered.......................so.............sensible shoes in bag, ready to take possesion of the hire car........and what did I do?

Forgot to change into them!

But, as luck would have it, only 2 sleepy Guardia on foot in the airport, lolling about smoking, as the do............
The rest?.............................. Pre-occupied "chatting" with the lovely roundabout girls...........hrmmmmmm!

So, today, organised and determined to keep within the law, I changed into the sensible shoes for the drive to get the shopping in.................along with shorts T shirt etc., (You know the attire...........30 degs, sweaty, sun shining, blue skies, oh, whoops, sorry all you lot back in the UK with the heating on...............he he he!)

Got into Mercadonna, ambling around the vino aisle.......................looked down horrified, yup, had fogotten to change back into the nice Spanish designer leather sandals and looked a right lemon walking around in black suede shoes/shorts and T shirt!
What a plonker!
AND my feet were SO hot! (Sorry again to all those back in the UK with the heating on!)  Did I say that already?>>>>>

What a silly driving law!!!

Kind regards, (tongue in cheek of course..........all those back in the UK with the heating on........................) Blast! I said it again...........

FibbyUK

Check out my website:

Like 0      
25 Aug 2008 11:58 PM by abbbb1 Star rating in Essex and Ciudad Que.... 306 posts Send private message

abbbb1´s avatar
Enjoyed hearing about your "shoe" exploits , but why don't I believe your apology for mentioning central heating!!! 

Home
is where the heart is!

Like 0      
26 Aug 2008 12:18 AM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar
I'm, thorreeeeeeee abbbb1............I really didn't mean to keep mentioning it...............

Must be this heat getting to me.................better than being back in the UK with the heating on though.........

OMG! I dun it again.............

Night night, best go now, I will try to sleep, but it's so hot here.........phew! (Lucky I don't have the heating on...........!!!)

FibbyUK

Check out my website:

Like 0      
26 Aug 2008 10:06 AM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

Don't worry Abbbb1 we know what to say back in retaliation TV, TV,TV    

Like 0      
26 Aug 2008 10:26 AM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar
Ok, Ok, yup, ya got me there.....it's horrid here with no TV..........
I would rather be in the UK with the heating on, watching TV with a cup of cocoa............you win!!!   

FibbyUK

Check out my website:

Like 0      
26 Aug 2008 3:23 PM by abbbb1 Star rating in Essex and Ciudad Que.... 306 posts Send private message

abbbb1´s avatar
Well said, Semi!!!

Home
is where the heart is!

Like 0      
26 Jul 2009 1:08 PM by Steve C Star rating. 66 posts Send private message

This is not a new law in Spain and is the same across Europe you must wear suitable footwear that incoprorates the heel. You cannot drive barefoot

Look at the UK highway code it is very clear

It is clear the Spanish Government need an influx of funds so they are clamping down on motoring offences when this dries up and more people drive legally they will look elsewhere.

Like 0      
26 Jul 2009 1:09 PM by Steve C Star rating. 66 posts Send private message

This is not a new law in Spain and is the same across Europe you must wear suitable footwear that incoprorates the heel. You cannot drive barefoot

Look at the UK highway code it is very clear

It is clear the Spanish Government need an influx of funds so they are clamping down on motoring offences when this dries up and more people drive legally they will look elsewhere.

Like 0      
26 Jul 2009 1:56 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Steve, please don't set our Justin off again, we've not long recovered.

Check out Driving in Flip Flops 

Kindly point out where you read about not driving barefoot ?  

'Look at the UK highway code it is very clear'

No one can find it anywhere.

Here's the full UK (EU ?) Highway Code

This message was last edited by morerosado on 26/07/2009.

Like 0      
05 Aug 2009 9:00 PM by HybridAnglo Star rating in Leeds & Manilva. 73 posts Send private message

HybridAnglo´s avatar

I'd just dropped the other half off at work and had taken the dogs for a walk, when, upon my return to the car-park, I noticed a couple of Guardia Civil at the exit, stopping cars.

"Damn!" I thought. "I'm wearing flip-flops. Why didn't I take the EoS forums seriously?" 

So, drove towards the GC, expecting the worst and when they waved at me to stop, I was convinced I was about to be seriously out of pocket.

But, no. All they were interested in was whether my dogs were properly harnessed (they were) and didn't even check my papers, never mind my footwear.

So, is the flip-flop law a discretionary one? Only applied as and when the local powers-that-be dictate?

Like 0      
06 Aug 2009 9:45 AM by Max Kite Star rating in Castilléjar, Granada. 308 posts Send private message

Max Kite´s avatar

Hi Hybridanglo

EVERYTHING is discretionary in Spain!!!!!  Sometimes the GC are on a tax collecting exercise - I got caught on a country crossroads at 3km/h going through a non-existent STOP sign - no road markings - (and I have photos) for not actually stopping at a STOP.  120€ + 4 points.  Luvverly jubberly. 

As I understand the law (sorry, morerosado, no references) the footwear must have a strap.  To me, this is only sensible as a loose flip-flop under the brake pedal could be lethal. 

I think you have to understand that the GC Trafico are the ones at the sharp end picking up the wobbly bits after a major accident so have a human desire not to have to do that too often.

I had an e-mail chat with Honest John of the Daily Telegraph Motoring section some time ago who was absolutely definite that the GC Trafico were much better than the British traffic police in every way, keeping traffic flowing, dealing with accidents etc etc.

I just hope it doesn't go the same way as the UK where the police are just another tax collection agency.

Like 0      
08 Aug 2009 11:00 AM by myra cecilia Star rating in Manilva Malaga. 213 posts Send private message

Max Kite.   ANYONE fined illegaly in Spain has the right and should  take action to reclaim their money back.  Non Spanish can be easy prey. And before anyone says he he, I carry this function out all the time. Also be aware that you are totally legal re: insurance etc. To many hidden laws and distortions on these laws. You know the someone in the pub told me story.

Myra Cecilia. www.costaadvicebureau.com

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Benefits of buying in cash ? - 3 posts
long term rental - 1 posts
Anyone else going rusty? - 65 posts
Furniture Packs - 0 posts
Does anyone know Charlie Chalk. - 1 posts
ART FOR children - 0 posts
Mobile phones - 5 posts
incorporation of SL - 5 posts
Swapping contract for properties - 0 posts
bar varal - 0 posts
ACCESSING YAHOO E-MAILS - 2 posts
Lombardos Restaurant Sotogrande - 0 posts
selling range rover year '98 - EUR 9000 - 0 posts
info on cheapest company incorporation - 0 posts
Insurance for age group 65+ travellers (Very interesting information) - 1 posts
New Low cost airline? Depends... - 9 posts
Flights Getting too Difficult - 17 posts
Madrid Plane crash - 9 posts
water - fine from Galassa - 4 posts
CLEANERS - 4 posts
nueva ribera beach club - 1 posts
plane crash - 2 posts
Read it and weep - 37 posts
House / home swop! Is it a good idea? Will it work? - 6 posts
BUILDER REQUIRED for balustrades & ironwork (gates) - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 44

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x