A new beginning (here's hoping !)

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
28 Jul 2008 12:00 AM by chubbster Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

Hi.  My name's Iain and I currently live in Scotland.  Just back from my first visit to the Costa Blanca (Benidorm), and absolutely loved it.  I've searched all my life for someplace to call home, and think I have finally found it?  That would be Altea.
Now back in Scotland for a year to get things tied up here before I make the move in Summer 2009.  I am going to be apending the next year learning the language and trying to find a suitable property to rent long-term.  Ideally, I am looking for a 3 bed, 2 bath apartment (preferably Altea, or just inland).  Either on the ground floor or with a lift as I have mobility problems.  And would also appreciate any advice that members can offer, that would make the move a little smoother.  As for work, I am a qualified and experienced EFL (ESOL) tutor, and would be looking for about 15 hours per week, either in a school or private tuition.  So again, any help would be much appreciated.
Thanbks Iain

Like 0      
29 Jul 2008 9:04 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar
It seemd that people are beginning to switch to secure, long term rentals... good choice in my opinion.

Iain: I think you have chosen a wonderful place and a right strategy.   Both long term rentals and teaching english homely are safe places ( I would advise you to care personally for students and you will have a secure success).

As per rentals, I would advise to:

- submitt your contract to arbitration rather than Courts,
- sign a rental contract for a " home"  ( so you can enjoy automatic extensions which will provide permanency to you and your family) 
- add a clause for an option to purchase, as whithin 3, 5 years  you will have the oportunity to decide if you want/ do not want to buty the house.

Best wishes,

Maria

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
29 Jul 2008 9:48 AM by chubbster Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

Thanks very much Maria.  Could you tell what you mean by submitting the contract for arbitration please?  Not quite sure I understand.  Thanks Iain

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Which Removal Company? - 4 posts
Hoax Virus E-Mail Message - 3 posts
Shocking news: My hometown's Grand Pier burnt down earlier today. - 16 posts
Correct Spanish Address. - 7 posts
hello - 0 posts
If I cant sell - can I walk away without Spainsh bank coming after me in UK? - 7 posts
move to spain - 1 posts
When can you activate a BG? - 9 posts
Sailing Fees and Licenses for Sea and Fresh Water - 3 posts
Breaking ins - 2 posts
Great British Services Sat TV ? - 0 posts
A New Hello From us.... - 3 posts
TV IN COX ALICANTE HELP PLEASE - 3 posts
Jazzymike new member - 1 posts
aguilas dunas de cope - 1 posts
Rose and Thistle Pub, San Cayetano - 1 posts
Possible problem with our new community. - 11 posts
Ian's barber shop - 13 posts
Selling in the UK - 14 posts
Hayley - 7 posts
Clubs with pool in Barcelona? - 2 posts
Bank reposessions - 2 posts
Email and letters - 4 posts
Short Terms Rentals in Costa Del Sol - 15 posts
how do you chat or reply to messages you read - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x