WARNING - VALLEY ROMANO COMPLEX (FOOTBALL VILLAGE)

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
10 Jul 2008 12:00 AM by diane1 Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news for any of  you who have bought off-plan on this complex.  There's an article on the This is London website (part of the Evening Standard newspaper).  Have copied and pasted the first para of the article, but have a look for yourselves.  (This forum won't allow me to attach the link as I haven't posted enough messges or something). 

'An exclusive Spanish development where up to a dozen British celebrities own properties could be bulldozed after being linked in a corruption scandal, it emerged today.

The Valle Romano complex -where leading Premiership stars Paul Robinson,   Michael Brown and David Bentley have homes - is being investigated as part of   Operation Astapa.

The scandal has so far seen the resignation of the Estepona mayor and 40 arrests,  including the boss of Valle Romano Luis Linares.'

Sounds pretty serious to me.  Had a bad experience with the Football Village last summer and after lots of aggravation and many months, managed to get our money back.

Diane

Like 0      
10 Jul 2008 12:26 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

10 Jul 2008 12:42 PM by diane1 Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Thanks - this is more or less word for word what was said in the article that I was referring to.  It's stange though that the Village Romano website is still up and running as normal with no announcement made.  Also, as far as I am aware investors have not been notified formally.  A friend of mine who invested last year found out when I sent him the article and was absolutely stunned!  Not good practice I say.

Like 0      
11 Jul 2008 9:51 PM by sgm71 Star rating in Ayrshire, Scotland. 30 posts Send private message

there's al lot more on the trhead 'Estepona corruption - Valle Romano involved ?'

Like 0      
12 Jul 2008 10:43 PM by diane1 Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

where will I find that thread please?

Like 0      
28 Sep 2008 3:56 PM by carol817 Star rating in north east / Albir i.... 61 posts Send private message

Does anyone have any new info on Valley Romano, we have bought on this complex and cant find out what is going on,

Carol

Like 0      
28 Sep 2008 4:03 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Hi Carol, click this link Valle Romano to join the development forum if that's what you want to do. There's discussions going on in it, look here>> http://www.eyeonspain.com/ViewDevNo.aspx?dev=V230

Like 0      
28 Sep 2008 4:10 PM by carol817 Star rating in north east / Albir i.... 61 posts Send private message

Thanks i will have a look ,if i can i am not so good on computor,but i will try.That was a quick response.

Like 0      
28 Sep 2008 4:15 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
I'm trying to write a PM, that's why I was quick.  I've got two EOS pages open to check up on threads as I'm writing.

Just click blue link for Valle Romano & add development then post the same as you do on here. It's pretty straightforward. 

Good luck.

Like 0      
28 Sep 2008 4:25 PM by carol817 Star rating in north east / Albir i.... 61 posts Send private message

Hi I cant get into that site it is asking for my passwords which i am putting in then it asked for name of developement i was looking for but just keeps saying search again,i will have to ask my daughter for help .Just read your last message, when i click on Valle Romano what do you mean add developement,do i just put Valley Romano in,

Like 0      
28 Sep 2008 4:28 PM by carol817 Star rating in north east / Albir i.... 61 posts Send private message

ive added development now what do i do ?

Like 0      
28 Sep 2008 4:28 PM by carol817 Star rating in north east / Albir i.... 61 posts Send private message

ive added development now what do i do ?

Like 0      
28 Sep 2008 4:29 PM by carol817 Star rating in north east / Albir i.... 61 posts Send private message

ive added development now what do i do ? thanks for your help.

Like 0      
28 Sep 2008 4:31 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Above this thread on far left you'll see "forums", hover on that & it shows "off plan development forums" (2nd down) click on that then on the Valle one you've just added. Post as you do here, on a thread already started or start another.

Like 0      
28 Sep 2008 4:42 PM by carol817 Star rating in north east / Albir i.... 61 posts Send private message

Thank you ive got all the messages was there something else i could look at

Like 0      
28 Sep 2008 4:52 PM by carol817 Star rating in north east / Albir i.... 61 posts Send private message

hi thank you so much i now know what to do.i am a bit slow but i got there in the end,thanks for all your help.

Carol

Like 0      
22 Jul 2009 1:35 PM by stuartarobertson Star rating. 9 posts Send private message

Hi

Just come across this blog site.

I have been reading some of the posts and I can confirm that we were told that as the development was given a tourist licence it was a condition that the Hotel Management was put in place. There were 2 rental guarantee schemes apparently.

the first one offerred a higher rate with no personal use and the second one offerred a lower rate with (I think) 8 or 9 weeks personal use which is the one I was going to take.

I understand that the Insurance policy would pay out if the development started late or was finished late but the Insurance company's argument was that it should only have to pay out if it finished late. However, accroding to Lexland the Court has agreed that it should pay out for starting late. My apartment was due to complete Spring 2009.

I have used Lexland for a business transaction recently and it has not gone well. Thier fees appear to be extortionate and I cannot see how the fees they wish to charge for actioning an Insurance policy can be justified.

Has everyone who bought used Lexland or are there other solicitors who have been used and are familiar with this case?

I would have expected it would have been pretty stratighforward to action an Insurance policy once the Court has decided the Insurer is liable. I was also told by Lexland that we would be entitled to recover costs and interest and compensation for (stress!). If the Court has decided that the Insurer is liable then surely it would be a simple matter of submitting a claim form to the Insurer? 

Stuart

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

This is a question for Maria de Castro - Purchase of Off-Plan house. - 3 posts
Just completing on the Veranda complex in Playa Vera and need some info. on the area - 6 posts
Please send me your stories about relocating to/retiring in Spain! - 0 posts
Basic House / Apartment question - 2 posts
Jewels50 - 7 posts
Accident at Calahonda - 4 posts
Euro MPs get tough on airline ads - 12 posts
Alpha-Omega British school - 2 posts
Cogilcodos is in bankruptcy. - 1 posts
BAYLINER 175 BOWRIDER 2004 - 9 posts
Free to Air Satellite TV - 5 posts
Baby's Hostage Crisis at a Costa Blanca clinic - 0 posts
Be on your guard - 14 posts
Completion at los altos de la pedrera bigastro - 3 posts
Phoning Uk mobile in spain from UK mobile - 32 posts
Running groups?. . - 3 posts
Justin The Meeting in Sabinillas on Friday 11th at 7.00pm - 9 posts
business loans in spain - 2 posts
Business bank accounts - 1 posts
Parador Properties: Voluntary Administration - 1 posts
text of letter to register claim re Jumilla - 1 posts
Property management Campos de Guadalmina San Pedro. - 1 posts
More's Blog - 5 posts
Parador Gone into Administration - 31 posts
Any reccomendations or Tips for Driving Dog to Marbella - 28 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 17

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x