Just completing on the Veranda complex in Playa Vera and need some info. on the area

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
09 Jul 2008 12:00 AM by wildm Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Just found this web site by chance and I've already pick up some good advice.  

Its also good to hear about people who have had the same worries as me over the last couple of months (with the credit crunch, exchange rate, etc), I thought it was only me having the sleepless nights.

If anyone is reading this and stilll not sorted out with a mortgage, please try Keymare's bank, Banco Popular.  They are the only bank to look at borrowing me anywhere near 80% (I think it ended up at 82%).  You end up with all thier insurances and I've give up asking what all the fees are for, but I think thats pretty standard with all of them.

Anyway we complete on 1st August and although its furnished, we will need all the usual (pots, pans, plates, toaster, TV, Bedding, mirrors,etc).  We are thinking of driving up to IKEA in Murcia, is there anywhere closer ???

In addition to that what are the bars/resturants like (within walking distance) ??  I've been a number of times in the day but always stayed elsewhere (Villaricos & Majacar).

Thanks for any info. you can pass on

Mark

Like 0      
09 Jul 2008 10:44 PM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar
Mark

We are owners on Al Andalus Thalassa just up the road from you.

As you have only just joined the forum you will not be able to access PMs just yet so the only way I can give you information is by a very long post on the forum - apologies to everyone else.

You should also join the Veranda Forum & meet some of your neighbours - http://www.eyeonspain.com/Secure/MsgBrdsThreads.aspx?dev=A199&name=Al%20Andalus%20Veranda%20Agua 

My computer crashed a couple of weeks ago & I lost a lot of my information taht I had put together so I will start you off with the restaurants & I will see if I can find the Shopping list for you as well. I might have it attached to an email somewhere.

Good Luck with your completion.

Regards

Noreen

RESTAURANTS

La Cabana – Paseo del Mediterraneo, Mojacar
Excellent Argentinian Steak House at the far end of Mojacar seafront. The Steaks are incredible but they have very little else on the menu. Absolutely ESSENTIAL to book – Tel 950 61 51 79

The Shamrock – Paseo del Mediterraneo, Mojacar Extensive Fish menu, Speciality Lamb, Argentinian Steaks. Excellent Food & the staff are superb. Recommend booking – Tel 950 472 664

Da Vinci, Paseo del Mediterraneo, Mojacar
Italian restaurant with extensive range of pasta dishes. Excellent food, nice surroundings & pleasant staff. Haven’t needed to book but the first few times we drove past, we thought it was closed but it wasn’t – so make sure you stop & check. Booking not usually required – Tel 950 475 127

From the point where you join the Paseo del Mediterraneo at Garrucha, it is approximately 7.5km along the seafront before you reach the Shamrock & Da Vinci on the left & La Cabana on the right.

El Birra – Paseo del Mediterraneo, Garrucha
Fish, Fish & more Fish. A fabulous display of the days catch from which you can choose your meal. The Paella is excellent. This is where the Spaniards eat. Can be very busy after 9pm in the high season

Pizzeria Tito Paco, Avda Almeria, Turre
So much more than a Pizzeria. Excellent food, reasonably priced & great staff Recommend booking – Tel 950 618 957

La Capilla, Carretera Garrucha, Turre - This is a former Monastery situated on the main road from Vera Playa towards Mojacar & Los Gallardos. It is on the left hand side just after the petrol station. Slightly more expensive than others but very good food – watch out for the whole shoulder of lamb!!! The setting here is fabulous & would be ideal for a special meal for a birthday or anniversary. Booking ESSENTIAL – Tel 950 479 305

Wok Buffet, Centro Comercial Hispania, Vera Playa (Above Consum)
All you can eat Chinese Buffet for 9.50 euros. This is good value but the best part is where you pick your meat, fish, vegetables & take them to the chef to cook in the sauce of your choice. Can get very busy & is very much frequented by English people rather than locals. Recommend booking for larger groups – Tel 950 467 839

El Mar, La Mar, Villaricos - This restaurant is on the main road towards Villaricos, on the left hand side, just past the “tower” on the right. It is a real gem. The food is fantastic & the setting is wonderful. The staff are very attentive & the prices are very reasonable. Extensive menu covering English & Spanish dishes, with many fish options as well. Of all the restaurants that we have visited, this one is probably the best. Recommend booking – Tel 950 467 030

The Irish Rover (sister restaurant to The Shamrock) situated on the walkway below the Shamrock.
Very busy restaurant with Irish entertainment in high season. Sunday Carvery

The Beachcomber (next door to the Irish Rover)
Very busy café/bar. Excellent full English breakfast & extensive menu. Childrens menu. Can be busy & food not available after 9pm

Casa Adelina, Turre Traditional Spanish food. Very busy

El Balconcito, Villaricos - This small café/bar offers superb value menu del dia, tapas & paella. Carmen the owner is a real character. Look out for special themed events, jazz nights, quiz nights etc. The kitchen is open from 10am – 11pm, open 7 days a week. From Thalassa, go to the bottom roundabout & turn left, take the next turn on the right (signposted “camping”) & you will find El Balconcito on the right hand side in a small parade of bars & cafes. Tel -  635 589 909

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
09 Jul 2008 10:56 PM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar

Mark

I knew the fact that I never delete any emails would work!! 

Hope this helps. I can also let you have a copy of an extras pack supplied by one of the local agents which will give you a good starting point on thinking about what you need to get.

Also if you need a keyholders or a handyman for light fittings, bathroom fittings etc take a look at the Veranda forum & when you can send a PM to Daviddan1.

Noreen

SHOPPING

Fereterria Lopez, Mojacar Playa (along the coast road) - They do all sorts but the shop is very cramped & you can't really see what you are looking for. We used it for the stuff we couldn't get elsewhere or that we had forgotten. They are also not very helpful, bordering on downright rude!

Fereterria Mojacar - This one is a bit more spacious & is split over 3 floors. Again it is on the main seafront road in Mojacar but further on than Lopez. It is past where MRI overseas Property have their office (don't know if you know where that is?) but it is before the Shamrock Restaurant & if you go as far as the Indalo Hotel - you have gone too far. Again they do everything you might need, including hardware, kitchen stuff, garden furniture etc

Home Sweet Home, Turre - This is a little shop run by English people. They do pots & pans, quilts & pillows, utensils, electrical goods (although these are English with English plugs, so we didn't buy them here) & loads more.

I don't know if you know how to get to Turre but bear with me – From Thalassa, go down to the bottom roundabout & turn right as if you were going towards Consum Supermarket. Keep following this road going straight across all the roundabouts. Again keep following the road past Valle del Este turn off, up the hill & past the go kart track. Further down this road there is a petrol station & you need to turn left immediately after the petrol station. Follow this road to the T junction & turn right. You are now in the main Turre street. There is a supermarket on the left & the shop is now on this main road somewhere. (It has moved since we were there) An alternative route, if you are along Mojacar seafront, turn off it at the Commercial centre roundabout (it has a fountain) - follow that road & you come to a roundabout (petrol station)- go straight across (2nd exit) as if you were going towards the pueblo.

As you come to the start of the pueblo the road bears round to the right or straight ahead - go to the right down a bit of a hill. Follow this road (sorry can't give you a distance) & you will come into the town of Turre. There is a busy supermarket on the left hand side & you need to take the first right after the supermarket. The shop is then just on the left hand side, opposite a couple of little cafes. If you go past Casa Adelina Restaurant on your right, you have gone too far.

Fereterria (sorry don't know the name) Palomares - This one is quite big & roomy. Staff very friendly although not a great deal of English spoken. Again they do almost everything you need, including bathroom mirrors, crockery, pots & pans etc.

Directions for this one from Thalassa - Instead of turning right at the bottom roundabout to go towards Mojacar, turn left towards Villaricos. You will come to a roundabout (petrol station in front of you) - take a left here (2nd exit I think) - follow this road which is quite bendy & you will come to a roundabout which will be signposted left for Desert Springs golf. The shop is just on this roundabout & will be on your left hand side.

Lights - Some of the Fereterrias do lights but there ranges are not extensive. There is a light shop on the main road up to Vera (Bullring roundabout) called Vera Luz. It is on the slip road past the Vera Hotel on the left hand side. You may have to go up & round the bullring roundabout to get down the slip road. The only thing I would say about this one is that they have so many lights hanging up that you cannot see them properly & some are very ornate.

We bought all our lights at a little shop on the way in to Garrucha/Mojacar. From Thalassa if you go to the bottom roundabout & turn right towards Consum - keep going straight across all the roundabouts & then follow that road, past the Valle del Este turn off & up the hill. Just before the Go Kart place, turn left & the shop is just on the left hand side.

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
09 Jul 2008 11:06 PM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar

Mark

Last one!!

You won't need some of this as it will come with the apartment & we did think of a few extra items, which I am sure you will too.

This pack relates to a 2 bed, 2 bath apartment.

Noreen 

18-Piece Dinner Set        6 x Mugs         24-Piece Cutlery Set     1 x Teapot      1 x Kettle    1 x Toaster

1 x Tea, Coffee, Sugar Canisters    6 x Tall Glass Tumblers    6 x Short Glasses   

6 x Wine Glasses   
1 x Water Jug   6 x Table Mats   6 x Coasters

1 x Salt/Pepper/Oil/Vinegar Set    1 x Knife Block with 5 knives   1 x Chopping Board Set (2 Pieces)

1 x Kitchen Utensil Set (4 Pieces ) 1 x Colander   1 x Hotplate Stand    1 x Can Opener   1 x Bottle Opener

1 x Oven Dish Set (2 Pieces)      1 x Saucepan Set (3 Saucepans & 1 Frying-Pan)

1 x Tea-Towel Set (4 pieces – plain white cotton)   1 x Apron, Oven Mitt & Pot Holder Set

1 x Broom & Dustpan    1 x Mop & Bucket    1 x Iron    1 x Ironing Board       1 x Waste Bin

BATHROOMS

4 x Bath Mats       12 x Hand Towels     12 x Bath Towels     2 x Shower Curtains & Rails

2 x Towel Rai1s     2 x Soap Dispensers   2 x Toothbrush Holders/Mugs   2 x Toilet Roll Holders

2 x Toilet Brushes  2 x Set of Door Hooks

BEDROOMS

2 x Pillows 90cm        4 x Single Sheet (2 sets per single bed)

4 x Pillowcases (2 sets per single bed – plain white 100% cotton)

1 x Bedside Light      2 x Pictures

1 x Spanish Pillow 135cm       2 x Double Sheets (plain colour 100% cotton)

2 x Spanish Pillowcases 135cm (plain colour 100% cotton

2 Bedside Lights        1 x Picture

Clothes Hangers        Hairdryer 

LOUNGE

1 x Floor Lamp   
1 x Table Lamp   1 x Ceiling Light     2 x Pictures     1 x Glass Bowl

2 x Double Sheets (For Sofa Bed – plain white 100% cotton)

1 x Spanish Pillow 135cm    2 x Pillow Cases (For Sofa Bed – plain white 100% cotton)

1 x Double Lightweight Cotton Throw/Bedspread

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
10 Jul 2008 9:47 PM by wildm Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Thanks Noreen

The info. you've sent across is brilliant.

I've also been on the link for veranda and its been really useful and very interesting to see what people are saying about the place.

Thanks again

Mark

Like 0      
10 Jul 2008 9:50 PM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar
No problem Mark.

Enjoy your home in the sun.

Noreen

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
01 Aug 2009 8:26 PM by elcobradordelfrac Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

This message was last edited by elcobradordelfrac on 03/08/2009.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Please send me your stories about relocating to/retiring in Spain! - 0 posts
Basic House / Apartment question - 2 posts
Jewels50 - 7 posts
Accident at Calahonda - 4 posts
Euro MPs get tough on airline ads - 12 posts
Alpha-Omega British school - 2 posts
Cogilcodos is in bankruptcy. - 1 posts
BAYLINER 175 BOWRIDER 2004 - 9 posts
Free to Air Satellite TV - 5 posts
Baby's Hostage Crisis at a Costa Blanca clinic - 0 posts
Be on your guard - 14 posts
Completion at los altos de la pedrera bigastro - 3 posts
Phoning Uk mobile in spain from UK mobile - 32 posts
Running groups?. . - 3 posts
Justin The Meeting in Sabinillas on Friday 11th at 7.00pm - 9 posts
business loans in spain - 2 posts
Business bank accounts - 1 posts
Parador Properties: Voluntary Administration - 1 posts
text of letter to register claim re Jumilla - 1 posts
Property management Campos de Guadalmina San Pedro. - 1 posts
More's Blog - 5 posts
Parador Gone into Administration - 31 posts
Any reccomendations or Tips for Driving Dog to Marbella - 28 posts
Contacts needed for builders / plumbers / electricians inland Murcia - 4 posts
Who lives in Block 4 Apartment No.9 1st Floor?? - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x