This is a question for Maria de Castro - Purchase of Off-Plan house.

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
09 Jul 2008 12:00 AM by wadams Star rating. 22 posts Send private message

Well I am another who has been fobbed off by many promises of a BG and still don't have it after paying the 50 % deposit on July 2007.  To my knowledge, the developer still has not received the permit to build and my contract states - see wording below.  The 15 months are up on Oct. 5th 2008.  What chance do you think I have of asking them to terminate my contract at that time and getting my money back, i.e., the 3,000 Euros to secure the lot + 50% downpayment, + interest from July 5, 2007, or failing that, if I then take the matter to a court of law on default of contract, do you think the court will act favorably on my behalf and make them pay me?  The developers seem to flaunt the laws at every turn and so I don't know if you have knowledge that going to a court they are going to help me. 
I would draw your attention to specific terms in my contract:
Article 5 – The time to build the house and pay the price indicated before will be maximum 15 months from the signing of the contract and receipt of first payment.
Article 8 – Reasons whereby the contract will be terminated:
3.                  The mutual agreement reached by both parties. 
Appreiciate your legal view on this matter. 

Like 0      
14 Jul 2008 11:12 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar
Please have answers below in bold green ( same text of your email):

Well I am another who has been fobbed off by many promises of a BG ( do you have them in written) and still don't have it after paying the 50 % deposit on July 2007.  To my knowledge, the developer still has not received the permit to build and my contract states - see wording below.  The 15 months are up on Oct. 5th 2008.  What chance do you think I have of asking them to terminate my contract at that time and getting my money back, i.e., the 3,000 Euros to secure the lot + 50% downpayment, + interest from July 5, 2007, or failing that, if I then take the matter to a court of law on default of contract, do you think the court will act favorably on my behalf and make them pay me?  You will have less chances as you will carry on a proof burden IF YOU DO NOT GET THE BANK GUARANTEE. So my advise is to  formally request ( by burofax) , a Bank Guarantee now and if not  given, to inmediately act for contract cancellation as you will have rights to do so under those circumnstances.The developers seem to flaunt the laws at every turn and so I don't know if you have knowledge that going to a court they are going to help me. 
I would draw your attention to specific terms in my contract:
Article 5 – The time to build the house and pay the price indicated before will be maximum 15 months from the signing of the contract and receipt of first payment.
Article 8 – Reasons whereby the contract will be terminated:
3.                  The mutual agreement reached by both parties. 
Appreiciate your legal view on this matter. 

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
14 Jul 2008 2:22 PM by wadams Star rating. 22 posts Send private message

Thank you for your quick response.  The request for a bank guarantee was written into my contract that was signed July 5th, 2007 and so far the only thing we have received  after bringing some pressure to bear s a letter from the bank of Valencia that they are in the process of providing one, but that was about a month ago and I fear it is just another stalling tactic.  I will take your advice and get a burofax sent to them immediately.  I appreciate very much your advice - thank you. 

Like 0      
14 Jul 2008 2:44 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar
Sure!!
Maria

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Just completing on the Veranda complex in Playa Vera and need some info. on the area - 6 posts
Please send me your stories about relocating to/retiring in Spain! - 0 posts
Basic House / Apartment question - 2 posts
Jewels50 - 7 posts
Accident at Calahonda - 4 posts
Euro MPs get tough on airline ads - 12 posts
Alpha-Omega British school - 2 posts
Cogilcodos is in bankruptcy. - 1 posts
BAYLINER 175 BOWRIDER 2004 - 9 posts
Free to Air Satellite TV - 5 posts
Baby's Hostage Crisis at a Costa Blanca clinic - 0 posts
Be on your guard - 14 posts
Completion at los altos de la pedrera bigastro - 3 posts
Phoning Uk mobile in spain from UK mobile - 32 posts
Running groups?. . - 3 posts
Justin The Meeting in Sabinillas on Friday 11th at 7.00pm - 9 posts
business loans in spain - 2 posts
Business bank accounts - 1 posts
Parador Properties: Voluntary Administration - 1 posts
text of letter to register claim re Jumilla - 1 posts
Property management Campos de Guadalmina San Pedro. - 1 posts
More's Blog - 5 posts
Parador Gone into Administration - 31 posts
Any reccomendations or Tips for Driving Dog to Marbella - 28 posts
Contacts needed for builders / plumbers / electricians inland Murcia - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x