Car hire advice needed

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
06 Jul 2008 12:00 AM by twiggy Star rating in Melksham, Wilts/ For.... 90 posts Send private message

Hello,
         I have some friends due to land in Alicante in a couple of weeks that do not have a credit or debit card and wish to hire a car. Does anybody know of a company that will take cash as payment or i could pre pay on my credit card but they will not be able to pay for fuel by card which most companies request.
Many thanks
Sue

Like 0      
06 Jul 2008 2:25 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Try emailing Martin on help@hirecarsinspain.com  This is who we use & we always book ECONORENT who have a full/full fuel policy. They may or may not be able to do this for you but Martin's very helpful, it's his family business. Website is http://www.hirecarsinspain.com

Like 0      
07 Jul 2008 6:46 PM by twiggy Star rating in Melksham, Wilts/ For.... 90 posts Send private message

Thanks for the advice. I have contacted help@hirecarsinspain.com and they were really helpful and will allow my friends to pay cash on arrival. I was so impressed i have booked my car through them. The last time i went to Spain i ended up paying 93 euros for a tank of fuel and they wanted it back empty so we spent a lot of time driving instead of lying on the beach.

Like 0      
07 Jul 2008 6:48 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
There you go, Twiggy. I though Martin would oblige, such a nice guy.

There's a thread just for Econorent going strong, started by me, go look at it. Click blue link.

Econorent car hire only at Alicante & Murcia airports. A cut above the rest !

This message was last edited by morerosado on 7/7/2008.

Like 0      
07 Jul 2008 9:19 PM by harley Star rating in West Midlands/ Costa.... 67 posts Send private message

harley´s avatar
Hello Twiggy,

Glad to hear you and you friends are now sorted with www.hirecarsinspain.co.uk  and ENCONORENT. We have used them 5 times at Murcia friends and family have
used them as well, they always come out the cheapest which is great.
The big bonus is the full/full on the fuel, we usually only manage 4 days at a time when we are over, so this is a big saving for me and hubby.

Thank you Martin and Peter at hirecarsinspain

More...........love your bloggs will pm you.
I have 8 black bags at my feet so no time for chatting..............................M 

Harley

Like 0      
06 Jan 2009 12:15 PM by hugh_man Star rating in Kent/Roda . 1593 posts Send private message

hugh_man´s avatar

Does anyone have any idea if you are generally permitted to take a car hired in Spain over the border to Portugal for a short period? Thanks

Like 0      
06 Jan 2009 5:49 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

My neighbours had to travel to Portugal due to the death of their son who had recently moved there.  They are in their 80's so their daughters travelled out from the UK and hired an estate car to drive them there.

I don't know if they had to tell them when they booked it.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Cheap Car Hire - 4 posts
Schools near mazarron - 7 posts
Hola mi amigos!! - 1 posts
Rental Required €100 a week - 1 posts
Rental Required for €100 a week - all options considered, short or long term - 1 posts
We need Transport from Malaga Airport to Duquesa - 2 posts
Sorted :) - 4 posts
MRI in Mojacar shut - 1 posts
Costa Galera - long term rental - 1 posts
hey i need some help - 3 posts
Help! Major Wasp Problem - 13 posts
Garden Centres - 3 posts
aifos hacienda marina - 1 posts
NIE FOR COMPLETION - 0 posts
IBERDOLA - 2 posts
professional tiling - 0 posts
BMI Baby - 4 posts
No response from Lawyer after completing purchase - 2 posts
help - 1 posts
A complex qusetion - 3 posts
car for sale - 4 posts
Solbank High Charges for small transfer - 0 posts
Blogs that persistantly advertise !! - 6 posts
BMI baby offer - 0 posts
How easy is it to find a job in Costa Del Sol in September???? - 9 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x