Hola mi amigos!!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
06 Jul 2008 12:00 AM by pilgrim Star rating in Costa Calida. 231 posts Send private message

pilgrim´s avatar

How´s that for a bit of Castellano?

Now back to basics with a brief history of our lock, stock and barrel transfer to Spain permanently.

We did the usual subsidised initial trip, which we found sort of OK but felt a bit pressurised, so used the visit more for experience on the geography of Costa Calida rather than committing to anything, although my wife found a couple of the visited properties nice, I did not have that feeling you get when you know it´s right! 

Returned to the UK, then booked a week in Benidorm (I like it there for nightlife) hired a car and drove back to Costa Calida under the umbrella of another estate agent, feeling more independent and far less pressurised.

Found an off-plan duplex property we liked in an area that appeared very attractive to us and yes the tummy feeling was there!!

That was back in 2003. Much, much, more to the story but basically we rented an apartment for a year, to allow us to keep a close watch on the build, literally from a marked out plot in a field, to first a paved street, then foundations on up to the finished property.

We went through loads of trials and tribulations, including obtaining the magic "Cedula de Habitabilidad".

So, hello again, in my native English.

Although nowhere is perfect, I love Spain and am learning to accept the mañana attitude.

pilgrim

Like 0      
06 Jul 2008 5:43 PM by rowlandsbb Star rating in Gloucestershire &Hue.... 779 posts Send private message

rowlandsbb´s avatar
Great to hear this

I suspect that at times you had a bit of worry but it all seems to have worked out well for you 

There are I'm sure many more like you who have bought over the last 8 years or so who in their youth perhaps never thought that they would one day own a home in Spain
The silent majority!!! 

And even though everything in the UK and EU looks a touch bleak, anyone doing what you have done now in 2008.....will look back in say 2011 and feel the same....I hope so as my wife and I have bought not that far away from you near Huercal Overa  

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Rental Required €100 a week - 1 posts
Rental Required for €100 a week - all options considered, short or long term - 1 posts
We need Transport from Malaga Airport to Duquesa - 2 posts
Sorted :) - 4 posts
MRI in Mojacar shut - 1 posts
Costa Galera - long term rental - 1 posts
hey i need some help - 3 posts
Help! Major Wasp Problem - 13 posts
Garden Centres - 3 posts
aifos hacienda marina - 1 posts
NIE FOR COMPLETION - 0 posts
IBERDOLA - 2 posts
professional tiling - 0 posts
BMI Baby - 4 posts
No response from Lawyer after completing purchase - 2 posts
help - 1 posts
A complex qusetion - 3 posts
car for sale - 4 posts
Solbank High Charges for small transfer - 0 posts
Blogs that persistantly advertise !! - 6 posts
BMI baby offer - 0 posts
How easy is it to find a job in Costa Del Sol in September???? - 9 posts
Pedigree SHAR-PEI free to a good home. - 1 posts
MYSTERY GUESTS - 2 posts
TRAMPOLIN HILLS - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 2

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x