A complex qusetion

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
04 Jul 2008 12:00 AM by Lauryc Star rating in Was South Devon .. n.... 520 posts Send private message

Lauryc´s avatar
When we bought our house in Spain, the idea was to sell the British house and pay off both, then take early retirement.

Well thanks to media hype, it seems that this won't happen for a long time so we were considering our options.

Current thinking is that we could move over to Spain if nothing happens in a few months and my husband would have to commute back to the UK in order for us to pay the bills.
The UK house could be rented out.

We have our own limited company in the UK and were wondering...

Would it be feasible to keep the company and it's assets in the UK and pay salaries or consultancy fees in Spain? 
Would we then pay Autonamo in Spain and Spanish taxes but leave the Corporation tax in the UK?
Would we have to return and live in our UK house for a set time to avoid capital gains tax on the property?

Would it be wise to find an expert in these matters in Spain?
Does anyone know of such in the Dolores area?

Totally confused here and I hope someone has some answers out there.
many thanks

Laury

Laury

Like 0      
04 Jul 2008 12:24 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar
Hi Laury,
I used to have a booklet on certain items in your scenario,i cant lay my hands on it at the minute but i know several people that have done this so it must be feasible.
Try the department of work and pensions or seek some decent legal and tax advise,better safe than sorry.
I am sorry i cannot be any clearer, i am pretty much sure on the first two but not 100%.
sorry if this a bit vague.
Regards
Georgia

Like 0      
04 Jul 2008 12:42 PM by Lauryc Star rating in Was South Devon .. n.... 520 posts Send private message

Lauryc´s avatar
Thanks Georgia.

I have my accountant here looking into it but they  know nothing about the Spanish system.
It does seem though  that we can rent out for 3 years without becoming liable for capital gains on our house. 

Laury

Laury

Like 0      
04 Jul 2008 12:48 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar
I think you have to decide which country is your main Fiscal point and work it from there,ie based in the UK,pay taxes in the UK etc...etc.....
I know you can do it as i have read it before and i am sure it was a booklet from uk employemnt law,your lawyer or accopuntant should be able to dig it out.......
good luck
Georgia

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

car for sale - 4 posts
Solbank High Charges for small transfer - 0 posts
Blogs that persistantly advertise !! - 6 posts
BMI baby offer - 0 posts
How easy is it to find a job in Costa Del Sol in September???? - 9 posts
Pedigree SHAR-PEI free to a good home. - 1 posts
MYSTERY GUESTS - 2 posts
TRAMPOLIN HILLS - 4 posts
Wanted sofas - Estepona Costa del Sol area - 0 posts
Hi I'm a newbie too! - 0 posts
Hotels/Hostels - 0 posts
Acting/talent agencies on the costa blanca! - 4 posts
couldn´t do with the hastle so got an interior deigner !! - 0 posts
Still waiting for the prices to drop!? - 15 posts
Nothing short of theft - 3 posts
BMI Baby Baggage - 4 posts
Sea fishing - 2 posts
buying off plan - 0 posts
Screen washer pump for a Citreon Picasso - 3 posts
Info required on travel - 7 posts
Claiming disability benefits in Spain - 1 posts
Justin, all ... what name you suggest? - 1 posts
Recommendation... - 4 posts
Off to Malaga - 23 posts
olélegalhelp - 13 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x