beano

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
17 Jun 2008 12:00 AM by roan Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

hi folks!  i am new .  we are moving to spain hopefully this year. we would like to know if there is any work in bridal dressmaking and painting and decorating in alhurin el grande. we love the area  but the rental is so expensive in comparison to costa blanca.   would there be a better chance of getting work in our professions if we were to move to the costa blanca where the cost of renting is so much cheaper. we have three kids two at twelve and one six year old. we have read alot on the schools in southern spain and are happy with the state schools. would the schools in the costa blanca be just as good. any information would realy be appreciated.

Like 0      
18 Jun 2008 3:33 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

I would have thought that out of the two trades, dressmaking could be the one that would be more likely to succeed.  Not only Bridal gowns but gowns for fiestas, comfirmation etc.

With any trade the only way to see if there's a niche in the market is to search the local papers online to see how many people are advertising.  It will probably take a couple of years to build up a client base.

Costa Blanca News and Round Town News are the one's I read on-line.

As to schools I think your children are the right age to be able to fit in, the main drawback would be if they were unable to speak Spanish, then they might have to drop down a year until they catch up. 

Like 0      
18 Jun 2008 8:01 PM by roan Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

thanks for the advice will check  out sites and papers didnt see much advertising for dressmaking services any time we have been out so maybe worth a go..........

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Anyone recomend a car dealer Cosat Calida/Murcia/South Costs Blanca - 0 posts
contract changes pre completion - 4 posts
Hello.. to all... - 4 posts
meeson villa salada - 1 posts
WANTED: PROPERTY IN COSTA DEL SOL (MARBELLA, FUENGIROLA OR BENALMADENA) - 15 posts
Whats the problem? - 2 posts
looking good - 4 posts
Power of Attorney - 0 posts
Euro 2008 - 34 posts
TDT - 2 posts
mijas - 12 posts
ice cream business? - 5 posts
Update Arenal Golf - 0 posts
Please can someone give me directions to Lo Crispin??? - 2 posts
Court case re Palmera Properties, Grupo Mirador and associated developers - 6 posts
I NEED A MOBILE MOPED MECHANIC! - 0 posts
Can Anyone Recommend a Good Property Management Company for the Calahonda Area. - 4 posts
living in a caravan in spain - 2 posts
Should I sell or hang on? - 35 posts
sky sports back - 0 posts
Recommendations needed for an agency for long term rental near Denia - 3 posts
Do you have a proper BG ? - 30 posts
hi all - 1 posts
hi there - 2 posts
Studio or above Costa Calida / Costa Blanca Max 100€ a week needed - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x