plasterer thinking of moving to spain ?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
09 Apr 2008 12:00 AM by captainkevey Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

hello im a plasterer by trade fed up with this country ,is there much call for plsaterers  in spain ,is there a area where i would be in demand and does  anyone know whate kind of monies i may earn ?,i have 2 children and a wife

regards kev 

Like 0      
09 Apr 2008 3:33 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Hi Kev,

Plasterers are become more and more popular here as people look for a more British traditional finish on reforms etc.....

As for earnings that is dependant on who you work for,if you work predominantly with the brits you would expect to earn about 65€ per day.

Like 0      
05 Aug 2008 9:03 AM by poohbear Star rating. 12 posts Send private message

Hi Kev
Any kind of tradesmen can make it here in Spain, but be very carefull.  I would only recommend you move out here if you can afford to a) buy a house outright and not need a morgage and b) afford the monthly outgoings even when your not earning.
Lisa

Like 0      
05 Aug 2008 1:23 PM by Robert H Star rating in Marbella. 63 posts Send private message

Hi Kev,

The building trade here is struggling tremendously, and there are many unemployed profesionals in every field. The demand has dropped, also among non Spanish builders, many who are now having a hard time to make ends meet. A possible plan of action is having a sufficient amount of cash to buy a house, so no need for rent or mortgage. Enough reserve to survive in business for the next three years, including running costs, schooling, etc. You need to budget for about 2.000 Euros per month income. You need to think of space for your tools and materials, either a garage on the property, or a small industrial unit. And be realistic, I see a few very well established English professionals doing half the trade compared to the last few years. Inland it is worse, as your clientele base is tiny.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Help with moving to Spain - 6 posts
Translation Service - 2 posts
free advertising - 5 posts
Can you trade in English Cars in Spain for new i.e Part Ex? - 10 posts
Submarines off Torre Del Mar?? - 0 posts
When is a Bank Guarantee not a Bank Guarantee? - 4 posts
Builders Liability to Pay Fees for Unsold Houses - 6 posts
Perils of selling in the UK ! - 15 posts
Bank Guarantee Process for Claiming - 46 posts
Can anyone recommend a Property Management Co - Los Flamingos, Estapona - 1 posts
Help...! Drains...! - 4 posts
seeking advice on condado de alhama - 10 posts
Certificate of habitation - 32 posts
Journalism student looking for people who have had trouble buying property in Spain - 2 posts
THANK YOU JUSTIN!! - 15 posts
Pot belly pig - 0 posts
Do you have a property problem legally related - 0 posts
AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE... - 34 posts
la condessa de mijas - 8 posts
Drinkable water and Air Con - 4 posts
Connection charges - 6 posts
What a lovely development! - 0 posts
New commer to this site and trying to get rid of some houses in Calasparra Murcia. - 0 posts
Problems with completion - 18 posts
Cap Salou - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x