CST?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
17 Mar 2008 12:00 AM by Arrayelle Star rating in Leuven (Centre of Be.... 2 posts Send private message

Hi there!

I am a craniosacral therapist and I would like to know whether Spain is ready for Craniosacral Therapy? Are there therapists who've allready started a practice or is there a real lack on practioners?  I do know the Estepona-Manilva area pretty well as I have lived there for 2 years (but that was before my formation of CST-therapist).

Arrayelle (who wants to come back...)

Like 0      
17 Mar 2008 10:41 AM by leema Star rating in Washington Tyne & We.... 655 posts Send private message

Hi Arrayelle

What is Craniosacral Therapy?

Maureen & Dennis

Coto Real

Like 0      
17 Mar 2008 11:10 AM by Arrayelle Star rating in Leuven (Centre of Be.... 2 posts Send private message

What is CST or Craniosacal Therapy?

CST was pioneered an developed by osteopathic physician John E. Upledger following extensive scientific studies from 1975 to 1983 at Michigan State University, where he served as a clinical researcher and Professor of Biomechanics.

Craniosacral Therapy is a gentle, hands-on method of avaluating and enhancing the functioning of a physiological body system called the craniosacral system comprised of membranes and cerebrospinal fluid that surrounds and protect the brain and spinal cord.

Using a soft touch, generally no greater than 5 grams, the practitioner release restrictions in the craniosacral system to improve the functioning of the central nervous system.

By complementing the body's healing processes, CST is increasingly used as a preventive health measure for its ability to bolster resistance to disease, and is effective for a wide range of medical problems associated with pain and dysfunction, including;

Migraine Headaches

Chronick Neck and Back pain

Motor-coordination Impairments

Colic

Autism

Central Nervous System Disorders

Orthopedic Problems

Traumatic Brain and Spinal Cord Injuries

Scoliosis

Infantile Disorders

Learning Disabilities

Chronic Fatigue

Emotional Difficulties

Stress and Tension Related Problems

Fibromyalgia and other connective-Tissue Disorders

Temporomandibular Joint Syndrome (TMJ)

Neurovascular or Immune Disorders

Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder

Post-Surgical Dysfunction

and just for offering yourself an Energy Boost while relaxing (and often sleeping)

Like 0      
17 Mar 2008 12:07 PM by leema Star rating in Washington Tyne & We.... 655 posts Send private message

Thanks for the information, I have never heard of it, I wish you well for the future and good luck.

If you set up in or around Duquesa I would have a session.

Maureen & Dennis

Coto Real

Like 0      
17 Mar 2008 2:17 PM by jane b Star rating in Bedar, Almeria. 222 posts Send private message

jane b´s avatar

I had never heard of it either but given that Chiropractors seem to be able to make a very good living here from very short sessions I would say there  might be a market!

www.fincalaserenidad.com

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Almeria Football Club tickets - 6 posts
Travelling with Cats - 13 posts
Guardamar festival - 1 posts
BBQ to England - 2 posts
Conversations with PP - 1 posts
Georgia, you gonna be on the telly? - 2 posts
GOATS BUTTER - 7 posts
Our move to Almoradi - 1 posts
Goats butter - 5 posts
air conditioning - 1 posts
estepona Del Coral Portal - 7 posts
long term rental with dogs - 1 posts
Dog Friendly long term rental - 1 posts
Daya Nueva - 1 posts
Detailed Maps - 2 posts
Stand up and be counted - if you are on R10! - 0 posts
Rental Market - 9 posts
Furniture packs - 6 posts
upvc glazing. - 2 posts
Community and Other Charges for phase 2. - 3 posts
Learning to play Golf in Torrevieja/Villamartin area of Spain - 2 posts
Where to take your rubbish !! - 9 posts
GENERAL MORTGAGE ALERT - 2 posts
Almanzora Country Club - 5 posts
Still waiting for keys for new build... way past moving in date - 7 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x