Quantum Villas - Anyone heard of them ?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
10 Feb 2008 12:00 AM by Redjoemw Star rating in Huercal Overa .... 49 posts Send private message

Redjoemw´s avatar

Im new to the site and was wondering whether anyone knew anything about this Co ?

Like 0      
11 Feb 2008 9:07 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Hi and welcome to Eye on Spain.

I've never heard of this company and doing a quick search on Google doesn't bring up anything either.

Their website has been up since October 2006.  If you are considering buying through them then I would advise you to get client testimonials, etc, and ask questions...lots of them!

Sorry can't be of more help.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
11 Feb 2008 9:08 AM by rowlandsbb Star rating in Gloucestershire &Hue.... 779 posts Send private message

rowlandsbb´s avatar

Yes, a small builder just starting to build in this part of Almeria

My wife and I are also buying on the adjoining site which is being built by a different developer

Both builders are flexible with the design and prices are competitive

Great location, but I would say that as I have bought there!

Can send you some photos if you have not visited the location

Like 0      
11 Feb 2008 9:10 PM by Redjoemw Star rating in Huercal Overa .... 49 posts Send private message

Redjoemw´s avatar
Thanx for the information.  Yes photos would be fab if you have any of them rowlandsbb.

Like 0      
12 Feb 2008 9:20 AM by rowlandsbb Star rating in Gloucestershire &Hue.... 779 posts Send private message

rowlandsbb´s avatar

sent you a PM

Brian 

Like 0      
23 Feb 2008 6:48 PM by Phil&Rebecca Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi there

I would like to let you know that I have heard of Quantum Villas.  We have seen their development area 2 or 3 times now and love it.  We were introduced by 2 estate agents, however we chose to use Solymar in Albox.  The development is in El Saltador.  We have chosen our plot of land and are currently going through the contract process.  The build spec and house styles are top quality from what we can see.  We have met with the owner of the developing company and his new assistant.  So far communition with them through email is fantastic.  They seem honest and have nothing to hide.  They have provided us with copies of all the required land permissions and certificates.  We are still be cautious and excerising all rules that you would normally use in the UK when buying a property.  Useful book if you are buying abroad is Buying a home in Spain by David Hampshire ISBN 1-901130-19-3.  If you follow this and your common sense you should be ok.  We currently live in Brixham. Hope this helps.

Like 0      
24 Feb 2008 3:39 PM by Redjoemw Star rating in Huercal Overa .... 49 posts Send private message

Redjoemw´s avatar

Hi Phil & Rebecca

I tried to send you a personal message but the link went through to someone else.

Were gonna be neighbours, so if you like send me a personal message and Ill respond with all the relevant details.  Have photos of the plots / area too if you'd like them

Like 0      
04 Mar 2008 2:27 PM by cgedwards Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Be careful.. Very Careful.

There are big issues in this location and surrounding areas.

There may be some paperwork, but what about the actual licences to build?

This point and other legalities are being checked out for us as we speak.

You should always use an agent that does the whole job for you.  Most are happy to help you find the property but then vanish when it all goes wrong.

As I said, be careful and very good luck to you all!

Like 0      
12 Mar 2008 7:43 PM by rowlandsbb Star rating in Gloucestershire &Hue.... 779 posts Send private message

rowlandsbb´s avatar

Great location and I am biased as I have bought on the adjoining site to spend my winters in Spain working 50/50 Uk/Spain

Everything seems to be in order for Quantum site and of course they can not get the Licencia de Obras until you have decided on the house design you want on the plot you like

Good range of villas and PDF available if anyone wants them

Also Huercal Overa Council are now very strict about infrastructure and in allowing only  building with full permits Bank Guarantees for your deposit

So if they have the design you want, then no reason not to buy but look at both

If you have not seem the location and want an inland property but new and not isolated then you should have a look....Huercal Overa has all facilities including an outdoor pool, Sports Centre and are building a new indoor pool

Last week we had 3 tapas, 2 beers for 5 € is a bar in the Town Centre.....can't be bad!!!  

Like 0      
12 Mar 2008 8:39 PM by Redjoemw Star rating in Huercal Overa .... 49 posts Send private message

Redjoemw´s avatar

Thanx Brian

Sounds great !

Joanne x

Like 0      
13 Mar 2008 8:52 AM by cgedwards Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Sounds great..  This is why we have looked at them.

Have been dealing with a company who have been in Spain for many years. Comprehensive services from start to moving in..

They have shown us the properties and location and it is lovely, but as advised, we are not parting with our cash until all of the correct paperwork for these are in place.  Inland properties are well prcied and they will always be available.  So unless you really have to, would not rush into anything.  Better safe than sorry, we have worked hard for our money..

Like 0      
13 Mar 2008 11:36 AM by spanishsolicitor Star rating in Murcia. 140 posts Send private message

spanishsolicitor´s avatar
Are you talking about this company ?   http://quantumvillas.com

Like 0      
13 Mar 2008 12:50 PM by rowlandsbb Star rating in Gloucestershire &Hue.... 779 posts Send private message

rowlandsbb´s avatar
I think they are talking about this company..do you know something we should be aware of about Quantum

Like 0      
13 Mar 2008 3:10 PM by spanishsolicitor Star rating in Murcia. 140 posts Send private message

Rowland sbb said "Also Huercal Overa Council are now very strict about infrastructure and in allowing only  building with full permits Bank Guarantees for your deposit"
The major of Huercal-Overa regarding his PGOU is accused of corruption and graft.
Town Halls in Spain can not impede construction works because lack of Bank Guarantees

Rowland sbb said "they can not get the Licencia de Obras until you have decided on the house design you want on the plot you like"
My advice: Don´t pay anything until you have in your hands a valid Building Permission.

Check this out

Taxes & purchasing costs of Quantum   http://quantumvillas.com/buying_taxes.php

Prices do not include VAT/IVA;

The example set out below is an approximate guide in euros to the costs of purchasing and running a ....

Purchase price                                         225,000
IVA (7% Spanish VAT)                            17,500
Legal Costs                                              4,000   It is really  a good rate, I mean for the lawyers of Quantum.  

Town hall tax (plus valia)                         200        Plusvalía is always paid by the vendor
Water rights of connection & meter         300        It must be paid by the vendor, developer
Electricity supply contract & meter           300       It must be paid by the vendor

Felix

Like 0      
13 Mar 2008 3:18 PM by cgedwards Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Ownership of the land is not finalised to a satisfactoy standard.

Debts also against it, and the current owners.

No actual licence to build..

Concerns, that if 10 plots are sold, and say four are not, who will buy these and when.  If and when allowed to build.. They will not build here until the plot is paid for.. You may be living next to a emty plot for years, or even end up with a building site next door for lengthy time..

All areas to consider.

Like 0      
13 Mar 2008 3:33 PM by spanishsolicitor Star rating in Murcia. 140 posts Send private message

How Long are the plots ?

Like 0      
13 Mar 2008 4:59 PM by rowlandsbb Star rating in Gloucestershire &Hue.... 779 posts Send private message

rowlandsbb´s avatar

Plots are 200 m2 or 400m2 as standard and there is a good choice of villas

12 plots on first phase

You make your choice and they then apply for the building licence but they will almost certainly have to put the infrastructure in first which has not started yet but I iunderstand that they will shortly

Hence the build time is 18 months

Like 0      
02 Jun 2008 10:47 PM by phssll Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

hi everyone not posted on here for a long time but we have been waiting for a long time for almanzora country club to be given the green light and as that looks increasingly doubtfull i have started to look for other alternatives and came upon this development by quantum villas in el saltador 

is this a legal site etc and also does anyone have any pictures they would like to share ?

Like 0      
02 Jun 2008 11:38 PM by Gillespie Star rating in Costa Calida Area. 608 posts Send private message

Gillespie´s avatar
Forget it, massive local problems in the area, soon to be deemed for demolition by JDA.

Any new build in the area of Huercal Overa (other than urban zones) over the past 5 years has been classed as illegally re classifying.

The Priors case in Vera is the example.  Go to the town hall in Huercal and look for the PGOU relating to your site.

Business advice and consultancy - Visit www.calidain2business.com

Calida in2 Business - Spanish Property Clearance.

www.spanishpropertyclearance.com

Like 0      
03 Jun 2008 8:52 AM by rowlandsbb Star rating in Gloucestershire &Hue.... 779 posts Send private message

rowlandsbb´s avatar
Hi sent you a PM ....re technical information about what you have posted

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Irwin Mitchell Land Grab action - 0 posts
Quick question before flying - 11 posts
New CGT Rules - 5 posts
Where'd the OASIS go?? - 3 posts
TO DO LIST - 6 posts
Money recovered - 4 posts
New Life in Spain - 4 posts
Golf Course - 4 posts
majestic gardens - 2 posts
Illegal property in Catral & surrounding areas, Costa Blanca - 0 posts
rental agent fee - 8 posts
Ms Janice Duncan and Mr. Neil McWilliam - 1 posts
I presume you all received it? - 4 posts
Residencia - 1 posts
Good Rental Agent Marbella Area - 1 posts
ACC a no go area - 5 posts
For those not in Spain ................ - 2 posts
Second hand clothes + charity shops - 21 posts
Roda golf sub standard finishes - 3 posts
Im back again - just! - 3 posts
dogs barking - 0 posts
Silence is no longer golden!! - 11 posts
Madrid - Advice on where to stay - 0 posts
Palmera and Grupo Mirador - 2 posts
Gay B&B - 8 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 48

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x