IKEA MALAGA

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
28 Nov 2007 12:00 AM by Cioffi1 Star rating in London & Calahonda . 216 posts Send private message

Cioffi1´s avatar

I was over for a few days earlier this month but didn't notice when we came out of the airport. Has it opened yet? Have any of you been for meatballs?

Like 0      
28 Nov 2007 10:39 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Justin knows it's opened, read his blog http://www.eyeonspain.com/blog/2007/11/ikea-in-malaga.html

Thursday, November 01, 2007

Ikea in Malaga

I've never known a furniture store to create such a huge amount of interest when opening up.

This week Ikea opened it's doors to the public in Malaga and driving past the store yesterday the huge car park outside was absolutely packed full of cars. The place was heaving.

In fact, Malaga town hall recently stated that they expect huge traffic problems over at least the next three months with everyone flocking to the new Ikea store.

I don't know about you but I can't seem to get excited about it myself. We've been having a bit of a silly discussion on the forum about Ikea in Malaga which fell apart totally when we started discussing the meatballs you can buy there!

But I suppose it's the type of store that people in the area having been crying out for. We have always though that furniture here was way too expensive so Ikea opening up in the area is a decent move, although some on the forum may disagree (Rixxy!!)

I may even pay a visit to it myself soon....mmmm...meatballs.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 11/28/2007.

Like 0      
28 Nov 2007 1:39 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Nada wrong with Ikea stuff - I think it makes great firewood!!!

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
30 Nov 2007 6:02 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Not being Ikeas biggest fan I think it quite apt that the thread "fell apart totally" - seems to bear striking resemblance to a lot of their products - only my opinion before anyone starts throwing meatballs at me!

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
30 Nov 2007 9:34 PM by HybridAnglo Star rating in Leeds & Manilva. 73 posts Send private message

HybridAnglo´s avatar

IKEA are taking over the world, aren't they? Doesn't matter where you go, seemingly there's a store somewhere local. They won't stop until the world is flat-packed, somewhat bland looking, but quirkily named.

As for their much-vaunted meatballs, do you have to go in their kitchen and make them yourself?

Like 0      
03 Dec 2007 10:39 AM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Yes they are taking over the world! We should start a march to stop them, brandishing screwdrivers and hammers!

Re the meatballs - I believe they are made from the sawdust left in the workshops, but as i havent had the bottle to actually go to an Ikea store I dont know - I reckon if I did I would totally lose the will to live!

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Living In Spain TV - 0 posts
Any Fishermen out There - 4 posts
Last updated thread - 4 posts
Hi - 7 posts
el valle murcia - 1 posts
I watched the video, did you ? Getting close to the Spanish. - 1 posts
Sharone - 3 posts
Can you sell if LFO is in place? - 17 posts
Which website to use. HR or HL? - 4 posts
3 years living in Mazarrón - 0 posts
new home urgently required for 2 small dogs - 0 posts
My 3 Seconds of Fame - 1 posts
insight into ocean estates international - 42 posts
Cabo roig - 2 posts
REGISTER A CAR IN SPAIN - 7 posts
uk tax liability for spanish rental property - 7 posts
SHOULD I COMPLETE ..your views please - 11 posts
administrative position - 0 posts
Blackmail or not - 9 posts
Justin, re PMs, still problems.......... help please. - 2 posts
BRAND NEW MOTOX BIKE FOR SALE - 0 posts
work - 23 posts
Hola - 8 posts
Help? - 3 posts
Advice please.. - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x