Contracts

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
30 Dec 2006 12:00 AM by Lionbar Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Are long term rentals covered with tenancy agreements like they are here in England because i have been told that they are not usually and that a tenant can basically stay there for as long as they like.  If they are, then are they like ours i.e, assured shorthold for 6 mths etc, and if not, then how do you go about evicting and getting your property back ?? 

Like 0      
01 Jan 2007 9:31 AM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar

Hi Lionbar there is a tenancy agreement and the maximum you should give for a long term let is 11 months otherwise you are giving tenants rights. Have  the contract drawn up by a lawyer or repuatable agent. Enusre that some mention is made that the property being rented is not the tenants principal place of residence - if it is principal place of residence it can be difficult to get them out and if they get tenants rights they can stay for 5 years. I guess the other alternative is to build in an unrealstic rent increase of say 25% per annum thus if they wont get out they have to pay the increase. If I were you i would be inclined to avoid letting long term to the Spanish - nothing wrong with them as tenants and in fact can be more reliable than Brits - that way you will generally avoid the issues of most "sitting tenant" problems.

RGds

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
17 Aug 2007 1:36 PM by dream Star rating. 50 posts Send private message

can any one help with a long term rental contract please (6 month) any any tips and advise

Like 0      
17 Aug 2007 3:29 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

In rentals, most advisable to have a " for not residency purpose" contract under 12 months and I would also encourge you to agree on submission of the contract to arbitration rather than Courts. Much easier, effective and cheaper.

Happy weekend!

M.

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Banks or Bandits - 6 posts
When you cant complet - 8 posts
MRI experiences please - 5 posts
Air Conditioning Best Buy - 3 posts
HiFX problems, delays transferring money - 56 posts
New messages on El Rincon Costa Blanca Development Forum - 0 posts
Have you visited Malaga yet? - 4 posts
spanish bank charges - 24 posts
Telefonica & Broadband - 7 posts
NEW LOW COST AIRLINE TO ALMERIA - 20 posts
Sorry another question - 0 posts
Pets in apartments - 5 posts
HELP NEEDED URGENTLY - 20 posts
Making a Will - 3 posts
Property owners at Roda - 4 posts
La Recoleta - 2 posts
FibbyUk's document - Paying taxes in Spain (Non Residents) - 18 posts
Merry Christmas Everyone!!! - 11 posts
amputees in coata blanca, north - 0 posts
Agents for rentals - 1 posts
Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year - 0 posts
Working from home in Spain - 4 posts
Corruption - 2 posts
property in Tenerife - 0 posts
What happened to the OTHER thread ? i thought there were TWO on here before ! - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x