Spain to apply to the EU for the abolition of the 90 / 180 rule for British citizens

This thread is currently locked.

:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
05 Mar 2023 4:59 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1314 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

Hello ads

Inference from any EOS member is not absolute clarification. If you are concerned that you may not meet the entry requirements to Spain or any other country you wish to visit you should view that country’s consulate website, and if still confused contact the consulate direct. This is a much safer and reliable option than taking advice from a mate down the pub. Spanish Consulate. Address: 20 Draycott Pl, London SW3 2RZ, United Kingdom. https://www.exteriores.gob.es/Consulados/londres/en/Paginas/index.aspx

Phone: +44 20 7589 89

Like 2      
05 Mar 2023 8:43 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

Adds.

I understand you think not everyone has bank accounts on phones, I don't know where you live but if I am in a queue in many shops you might be surprised as to how many pass the phone over the pay machine.

And if this did happen what's wrong with doing a copy of bank accounts?

Personaly I don't think this will happen, to contravesal to say the least, can't see the likes of someone with a couple of millions showing it....would you?

Like 2      
05 Mar 2023 10:18 PM by MikeandHelen Star rating. 193 posts Send private message

Mariedav

An accurate summary of the rules and plans for pre-departure clearance systems in the EU and UK aligning with the US systems.

On arrival, border control officers can ask any questions they think reasonable about a persons travel from their place(s) of origin and their stay in the country in which they arrve. This include length of stay, return arrangements, where they are staying and the money they have.

Also possesion of a valid visa does not mean right of entry, that can be denied on arrival.

In practice, arriving in Spain as a family on Holiday will mean a look and a stamp in your passport, others may get closer questioning, in some cases a refusal.

The pre-entry clearing will be a minor inconvenience at a small cost for the emajority of people. 

A visitor to the UK has permission to stay for 6 months. Where a visa vignette (or electronic visa) has been granted before travel, multiple entries in the period of validity of the visa can be made. In theory the 180/365 rule applies.

This message was last edited by MikeandHelen on 3/5/2023.

Like 1      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 |

This thread is currently locked.

Previous Threads

Legal - 7 posts
Working in Spain after retiring? - 3 posts
Recommend me an inflatable hot tub - 5 posts
Form 210 - 0 posts
Post Apartment Fire - Technical Report person - 1 posts
Covid entry restrictions lifted - 9 posts
New Rules on Plus Valia - 4 posts
Night Vision Binoculars. - 2 posts
7 Important Changes to Long-Term Visas in Spain - 0 posts
No More Wealth Tax in Andalucia From 2023 - 12 posts
Lower Income Tax in Andalucía 2022 - 2 posts
CostsLuz´s clients victories in 2022- Congrats! - 1 posts
gold plating - 3 posts
Off plan purchases and Consumer Law - 0 posts
Greetings to everyone - 0 posts
is hungary in EU - 2 posts
Is it okay to use Sous Vide machine for cooking? - 2 posts
Looking for Ping Pong Balls - 2 posts
Barclaycard, no ATM fees - 0 posts
is Bizum safe - 3 posts
Barclays requesting me to close my uk account - 22 posts
Water supply with Socamex - 1 posts
Short term medical insurance policies in Spain - 4 posts
Adverse possession of Land - 4 posts
Looking for Recliners for Elderly - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 44

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x