Quarantine Rules in the uk

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
21 Sep 2020 10:19 PM by steffi Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

Do Spanish residents have to quarantine for 14 days when going to the UK to visit family. 

Like 0      
21 Sep 2020 11:21 PM by andyintorre Star rating in Costa Blanca. 104 posts Send private message

22 Sep 2020 7:54 AM by nigel188 Star rating in Estepona. 656 posts Send private message

The only time you do not have to quarantine if your Country appears on UK's Quarantine's exemption list which is updated on a regular basis depending on that Countries Infection Rate.

Even if you fly out of Gibraltar or have been living in Spain within the past 7 days, you have to Quarantine in UK.. Gibraltar has been put on the list as well, I believe. Correct me if I am wrong here.

Nigel

Like 0      
22 Sep 2020 9:38 AM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

Best answer is .... Yes you are supposed to, I know many who have come back from such countries and not stayed at home for the 14 days. One instance is my own Son, was in Germany when this kicked of again, went to Holland because they were not on the list, overnight they were, so he went back to Germany, drove to France non stop, not allowed to get out or stop anywhere, got turned back from the ferry, even though his ticket was with them, otherwise quarantine, drove on to the Euro tunnel, French border force checked everything over, had to get out of his vehicle, spoke with border people who were more interested in the mess Johnson has made, so they said, on the train back to the UK no quarantine if you come via the tunnel.

Like 1      
23 Sep 2020 9:50 AM by rowlandsbb Star rating in Gloucestershire &Hue.... 779 posts Send private message

rowlandsbb´s avatar

trying to avoid them or not complying does no one a favour >all it will do in the end is prolong the problem>if you want to go to Spain then when you come back to UK the 14 days quarantine is just part of the cost>if you dont want to do it then dont go to Spain  

Like 1      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Gift tax (Andalucia) - 2 posts
IBI tax 2020 - 4 posts
Good House White Wine to buy for casual drinking and dinning - 2 posts
Divorce - 4 posts
Tax withholding without NIE - 5 posts
Deadline for off plan claims IS NOT OCTOBER BUT DECEMBER - 0 posts
Tax cost - 4 posts
la palma island - 2 posts
Is it safe to go to Spain....... - 5 posts
Taking and leaving a car in Spain - 2 posts
Hardwired Burglar Alarm - 3 posts
Sky News has now gone encrypted - 2 posts
Catch Up/On Demand TV programmes - 1 posts
Spain's tough stance on Visa rules & Covid - 4 posts
Looking for a small house, finca, bungalow in the middle of nature. - 0 posts
Resident - 1 posts
Tie information - 8 posts
BBC iPlayer - 2 posts
Padron - 4 posts
Community President - 2 posts
Hot tub - Jacuzzi - 4 posts
Resident - 10 posts
COVID 19 Testing - 8 posts
Declaring gift to Spanish Authorities - 4 posts
Understand the situation, please reply if you know - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x