BBC iPlayer

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
28 Aug 2020 11:03 AM by jinxy Star rating. 68 posts Send private message

I subscribe to ExpressVPN in order to watch UK television programmes but for 2 weeks I have been unable to obtain BBC iPlayer on demand. ITV and Channel 4 are ok. Express VPN say their engineers are working on it???? Can anyone tell me IF there's any other way I can get BBC to enable me to catch up with On-Demand programmes please!!

Like 0      
28 Aug 2020 12:26 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1222 posts Send private message

The BBC, and others, monitor those accessing the service and it shows up if many people are using the IP address which points to a VPN. They then block those IP addresses.

This will happen which ever system you use eventually. Those providing the service will change the IP address to get around it but this will, again, eventually be spotted.

If your one hasn't changed it yet, maybe try another VPN provider? Preferably to one you can the location yourself which will automatically alter the IP address and will take longer to flag up at the Beeb (or other broadcaster).

I have used different free VPNs but the amount of advertising and pop ups is annoying, especially in the middle of a programme. I use Express VPN as well and am still able to get the catch up.

Derek

Like 0      
29 Aug 2020 12:07 PM by jinxy Star rating. 68 posts Send private message

Hi, thanks for your reply. Yes, I know the BBC play a cat and mouse 'game' to stop people not living in the UK to be able to get programmes - seems a never ending situation eh?

You say you use ExpressVPN and can get catch-up?  I also use ExpressVPN and UK Dockland or UK London as my locations - which do you use to be able to get catch-up please?

Hope to hear from you re this info

Stay safe

Regards Jinxy

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Padron - 4 posts
Community President - 2 posts
Hot tub - Jacuzzi - 4 posts
Resident - 10 posts
COVID 19 Testing - 8 posts
Declaring gift to Spanish Authorities - 4 posts
Understand the situation, please reply if you know - 2 posts
What Legal Rights Does The Mother Of My Son’s Child Have? (Spanish rights) - 4 posts
2nd PODCAST DISCUSSION WITH MARIA - 2020 deadline for claims against Banks in off-plan purchases, illegal houses... - 0 posts
1st PODCAST DISCUSSION WITH MARIA : Is NOW a good time to buy? - 0 posts
Punta Prima Commercial Centre - 0 posts
Problem with Telefonica Fija (landline) Phone Incoming Calls last only 3 rings - 2 posts
Question over using a UK bank to take a mortgage on the purchase of a Spanish property ... - 10 posts
Duquesa Village - 0 posts
Wanted: 7-10 day Non-simultaneous holiday home swap in August. - 0 posts
Thank You to Costaluz Lawyers. - 1 posts
Fees to be paid - 1 posts
Job offer but struggling with TIE - 5 posts
La Tercia or Corvera Golf holiday property - 29 posts
Bank transfer from Spain to U.K. - 2 posts
Things that will affect resident brits after 31st Dec 2020 - 50 posts
Padron - 6 posts
Two new European Court Decissions on Abusive Clauses in Spanish Mortgages - 0 posts
Padron - 1 posts
Community AGM - 6 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x