La Tercia or Corvera Golf holiday property

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
26 Jul 2020 12:52 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

50k in euros =£45,500 this is just not enough to buy a 2 bedroom place anywhere in Spain...never mind a Golf Resort ..if you factor in the 12% for the legal fees and Taxes they are looking to purchase for around 40k euros =£36,440...this is not going to happen...not even on Camposol.

This message was last edited by windtalker on 26/07/2020.

Like 0      
26 Jul 2020 2:44 PM by Stevehome1 Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

Thanks windtalker, but 40-45k is very achievable. We have arranged to view several properties exactly in the price bracket I have quoted. One is a 2 bed, 2 bath, the remainder are all 2 beds and 1 bath. None of them are on Camposol. 

Like 0      
26 Jul 2020 4:14 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

Steve home1 .I wish you good luck ..just be careful what you are buying into ...as the knock down price might just be to lure you into thinking you are getting a bargain...before you hand any deposit over ask how much the maintenance charges are ..the apartment you could be buying might be on the ground floor ...if the block you buy into has lifts /share pool/fitness rooms /golf course and so on.. you will be paying your share to maintain these even if you do not intend using the facilities.

Like 3      
26 Jul 2020 7:23 PM by newworld Star rating. 942 posts Send private message

Just to clear up some of the fantasy figures that people tend to think are the norm on owning a property on a golf course, I own a 2 bed detached villa with pool , on the Mar Menor Golf Resort.  And my fees are 105 euros per month, and for that I get all my gardening done hedges cut down and tidied a couple of times a year, I have 24/7 security on 2 points of entry regular patrols around the resort, crime is next to none.i get internet and tv, I have access to over a dozen pools if I want to use them, the resort has a fully opened golf course, a hotel and bars and restaurants spar supermarket . The resort is kept spotless clean and tidy. And is 10 mins away from the beach at Los Alcázares. . So all this comes in at a price of just over 1200 euro a year, less than a caravan sited at Blackpool ( £3000 ). And hundreds of people live here full time all year round so it's not dead in winter. 

Like 3      
27 Jul 2020 8:19 AM by chris 2477 Star rating. 63 posts Send private message

Newworld, you forgot to mention that you do not pay for maintenance of the golf course through your community fee. You are correct, Mar Menor Golf does not turn into a ghost town during the winter and none of the local bars and restaurants close for the winter.

Like 0      
29 Jul 2020 2:58 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1315 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

It is difficult to know the future of any investment including a Spanish golf urbanisation. I remember Corvera golf when it was first developed, seemed like the dogs you know what. Now all gone wrong, which will be next?

Like 0      
29 Jul 2020 10:39 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

If a were a Corvera owner having completed........ I would...... ;)

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
01 Aug 2020 9:56 PM by Stevehome1 Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

Thanks to everyone for their comments and advice. We have now returned home after agreeing a price to buy a 2 bed apartment 300m from the beach in Peurto de Mazarrón for €72k - more than our initial budget but we think it worth the extra money. 

Thank you to everyone for their kind advice. 

Like 2      
02 Aug 2020 10:19 AM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

You have bought a place next to the best beaches in Spain .. even after 13 years of owning a villa on Camposol ...I never get tired of walking up and down the promenade in the port of Mazarron enjoy.

Like 1      
03 Aug 2020 3:29 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Hope your purchase has been safe and that you will enjoy  the property for many years to come!

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Bank transfer from Spain to U.K. - 2 posts
Things that will affect resident brits after 31st Dec 2020 - 50 posts
Padron - 6 posts
Two new European Court Decissions on Abusive Clauses in Spanish Mortgages - 0 posts
Padron - 1 posts
Community AGM - 6 posts
New resident - 2 posts
Mojacar Magazine - 0 posts
Tax on UK property rental - 1 posts
Missing 3% retention refund from the tax office - 4 posts
Looking for advice for buying holiday home in spain - 4 posts
New forms for Reidency in Spain of UK citizens - 21 posts
All won cases by Costaluz Lawyers-- off plan refunds--so far in 2020 - 0 posts
Malaga Airport Arrivals from UK - 0 posts
Ownership quotas and community fees - 6 posts
Selling Property in Spain - 1 posts
New member seeking advice - 22 posts
Were you affected by Amber Sun? - 4 posts
Masks to be worn by everybody incl Tourists when Applicable - 2 posts
dermatoligist - 0 posts
Making a Spanish Will - 3 posts
Candy CDCP 6 dishwasher machine - 0 posts
720 and other forms - 1 posts
New Years eve - 1 posts
ELS ex clients trying to get access to papers/documents - 11 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 30

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x