Foreign graduate student - UAM

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
23 Oct 2018 8:57 PM by Alisson Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hello there

I will arrive in Madrid in next November and I sure need a word of advise on how to rent a place for my 12 months over there. I`ve looked into `idealista` and `fotocasa` but I didn`t felt too secure about it.

There are some  options under 600-700 euros that seem to be a scam, like, 3 bedrooms and 80 square meters in Madrid city center.... Are those websites really secure to rent a place?

I would like to live close to UAM, and by close, I mean I am ok with 1 hour away from UAM by metro or bus. Also, I don`t need a big place, just a single bedroom or a `studio` is ok to me. 

Any of you guys have a word of advise please?

Like 0      
23 Oct 2018 11:43 PM by christineinseville Star rating in Pruna (Seville) and .... 25 posts Send private message

Hi Alisson, perhaps think of shared flats with other students? It is not just the rent, it is the bills, and WiFi and community charges, these will be shared if you live with other students. I did a quick Facebook search and found this Facebook page for Madrid, it has a young vibe, and is very pro the environment (which should hopefully mean loads of lovely young people can help you) Post on there, do it in Google translate Spanish and English if you are not yet fluent. Another great thing about sharing is that one can usually leave if not happy! https://m.facebook.com/AhoraMadrid15/

Like 2      
24 Oct 2018 3:04 PM by Alisson Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hello Chistine, thank you for your kind reply. I will be traveling along my fiancee, so we would like to rent a place for the two of us only. I just felt a little bit insecure about the prices discrepancy over those websites. I think the it will be more safe to rent something only after my arrival so we can check each place and avoid unfortunate surprises. Thank you for the facebook tip, we ended up finding several Madrid rental groups over there, perhaps we can find something over there too! Best regards, Alisson.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Petition for Supreme Court decission on Mortgage Stamp Duty Tax - 6 posts
Hello everybody - 1 posts
building merchants in Huercal Overa - 0 posts
Keeping our GB car in spain, although only being used when on two week holiday - 15 posts
Fuente de piedra - 0 posts
Going private with a prostate - 6 posts
Autónomo vs private . Fair is fair - 6 posts
Hi - 3 posts
HOLDAY RENTA;L - 0 posts
buying out our friends share of our holiday home - 10 posts
Renting out holiday let’s on a community and fees - 12 posts
A Combi Boiler To Serve Multiple Heating Purposes | BoilerSpot - 0 posts
Boat moorings Aguilas Garucha area - 0 posts
Buying bigger property - 7 posts
Goldcar and eyeonspain query - 3 posts
Extraordinary fees - 1 posts
Community President - 20 posts
mr - 0 posts
Bob & Vicky - 1 posts
Data Protection - 3 posts
Empty Van Murcia to France ..UK also possible - 1 posts
Thelma - 24 posts
Is it possible to get Salud Responde in English - 0 posts
tax form 210 non resident tax - 1 posts
Los Jardines de palomares - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x