Pay as you go Mobile

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
11 Sep 2018 6:50 PM by jinxy Star rating. 68 posts Send private message

Hi, can anyone advise me - If I buy a Pay As You Go Mobile on line what do I have to do to get the service provider (Vodafone) and anything else to make it work?  I cannot get the mobile I want from the Vodafone Shop as they do not stock the colour I want (well I am a woman and it matters ha ha) - I am an absolute dummy re all this technolgy so any help would be appreciated please.

Regards

Like 0      
12 Sep 2018 9:32 AM by jinxy Star rating. 68 posts Send private message

Hi Paulsimkiss, gosh you are on the ball - or are you bored and trawl through previous threads to pass the time????

No I am not transsexual - the chiropody question was posted by my husband using my forum and obviously the Mobile question is mine? Are you able to answer my question re Mobiles?

Like 1      
12 Sep 2018 10:02 AM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

Hi, can anyone advise me - If I buy a Pay As You Go Mobile on line what do I have to do to get the service provider (Vodafone) and anything else to make it work?  I cannot get the mobile I want from the Vodafone Shop as they do not stock the colour I want (well I am a woman and it matters ha ha) - I am an absolute dummy re all this technolgy so any help would be appreciated please.

If this helps you, go onto to the Vodafone website for Pay as you Go sim cards, or these can be bought for about a £! from Argos and plenty of other stores, your new phone might only accept the phone makers sim unless it's a completely unlocked phone which (Might) once you put the new sim into the new phone it locks it to that phone, sometimes the company sends you a message giving you an activation number, or letters, to put into you new phone, or you might have to go via the sim card website and follow instructions, you might have to do a top up of about £10.00 to use it but that is your money for calls anyway, I use o2 pay as you go and it was very simple, had to be for me to do it.

Like 2      
12 Sep 2018 12:55 PM by jinxy Star rating. 68 posts Send private message

Hi Baz, thanks for reply but unfortunately (or fortunately) I live in Spain so your info no good for me?

Keep trying to contact Vodafone Spain but to no avail??

Regards

Like 0      
12 Sep 2018 1:20 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

Jinxy.

Cant you get a sim card sent out to you via a friend, or even go into a shop in Spain that sells sim cards, it must be able to work quite easy one way or the other.

Like 1      
12 Sep 2018 1:37 PM by jinxy Star rating. 68 posts Send private message

Hi Baz, I want to keep my same phone number so that's the problem? Maybe I should pop into Vodafone and chat to them face to face before I send for one from Amazon??

Regards

Like 1      
12 Sep 2018 1:52 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

Jinxy.

You can keep you same phone number and the Vodafone shop will do that, o2 do it as part of customer service.

Like 1      
12 Sep 2018 2:31 PM by jinxy Star rating. 68 posts Send private message

Many thanks for the info Baz.

JX

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

My friends looking at gifting his spainish property - 7 posts
Driving to Mijas - 0 posts
Fuente Del Conde or other villages near Iznajar - 0 posts
Another resounding result for GM LawyersOnce our court attendance was over - 13 posts
Anyone living in hamlets/villages around Iznajar region? - 0 posts
Colinas Del Lago - 0 posts
Summer Clearance Sale Motorcycle Clothing - 1 posts
Outstanding Community Fees in terms of the Horizontal Law - 5 posts
Hi, this is Jennifer White - 2 posts
Returning tour with my car - 5 posts
Past discussions - 2 posts
Garbage mountain - 4 posts
Electic car charging points - 3 posts
Please help assetts to be seized - 16 posts
Responsibility of updating electric meter - 4 posts
Year-long/12 months rental - 1 posts
Hotel in Estepona - 3 posts
Spanish rental contract for permanent residence disguised as seasonal - 10 posts
More question about my impending property purchase..... - 5 posts
purchase from Waltons - 0 posts
Hi all, long term rental needed in Ciudad Quesada - 10 posts
Does anyone know of any NGO/ Institution willing to accept abandoned cats? - 0 posts
Schengen visas - 9 posts
Hola everyone - 3 posts
Grazalema- The Guardian - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x