My friends looking at gifting his spainish property

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
10 Sep 2018 6:43 PM by Maximus84 Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

hello I wonder if someone can help me , someone I know bought a Spanish property around 15 years ago. 

Hes not visited his apartment in over 5 years and he's thinking of giving it to his friend. Basically from what I can gather if his friend pays the 5 years debts ? He can have the property. 

What is the correct way of going about it ? Procedure and is there any tax and costs to pay . 

The  property is in fuerteventura not sure if there protocols are different to main land? 

Thanks in advance 

Like 0      
10 Sep 2018 10:13 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

Tell that someone that you do know someone who can help, a good solicitor or legal eagle, after all that someone will probably end up using one come the finish.

Like 0      
11 Sep 2018 12:17 AM by Maximus84 Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Do you know of a good solicitor or legal eagle to put forward to him ? 

Like 0      
11 Sep 2018 8:55 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Maximus84:

What is the debt for? Mortgage installments? Has not the bank started a repossession procedure?

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 1      
11 Sep 2018 9:23 AM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

Do you know of a good solicitor or legal eagle to put forward to him ? 

Yes, because you asked on here, Maria, who has also answered your post, if you are doing it via this forum that is, otherwise the someone has to choose in the area they own the property in, Spain that is, could / might be close to Maria's office, or office's for all we know.

Like 0      
11 Sep 2018 10:04 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

We do conveyancing nationwide. Being far from where the property is, is not a problem these days, due to online means.

Also, it helps a lot to save our independence against agents, banks, developers...

Ready to help!

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 1      
11 Sep 2018 11:55 AM by paulsimkiss Star rating in Thailand & Spain. 58 posts Send private message

paulsimkiss´s avatar

Hello Maximus Decimus Meridius and welcome to EOS the forum with all the answers. (sometimes).

Your question is rather strange and unusual for a general forum.  You seem to be seeking expert legal and taxation advice. I presume you would actually rely on advice posted on here by members or you would not have posted.

As far as I know Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA, Lawyer. Director www.costaluzlawyers.es is the only person on this forum qualified to answer your question. Perhaps you should contact her.

Maximus84

Like 1      
14 Sep 2018 6:06 PM by Sanchez1 Star rating. 853 posts Send private message

I'm not sure about all of the costs involved here but one significant cost will be the 6.5% transfer tax you'll have to pay.  Nothing's ever free in Spain!

Read my blog: Spain Money Saving Tips and Offers 

Use TransferWise to send money abroad. A lot cheaper than the bank and other online currency exchanges!.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Driving to Mijas - 0 posts
Fuente Del Conde or other villages near Iznajar - 0 posts
Another resounding result for GM LawyersOnce our court attendance was over - 13 posts
Anyone living in hamlets/villages around Iznajar region? - 0 posts
Colinas Del Lago - 0 posts
Summer Clearance Sale Motorcycle Clothing - 1 posts
Outstanding Community Fees in terms of the Horizontal Law - 5 posts
Hi, this is Jennifer White - 2 posts
Returning tour with my car - 5 posts
Past discussions - 2 posts
Garbage mountain - 4 posts
Electic car charging points - 3 posts
Please help assetts to be seized - 16 posts
Responsibility of updating electric meter - 4 posts
Year-long/12 months rental - 1 posts
Hotel in Estepona - 3 posts
Spanish rental contract for permanent residence disguised as seasonal - 10 posts
More question about my impending property purchase..... - 5 posts
purchase from Waltons - 0 posts
Hi all, long term rental needed in Ciudad Quesada - 10 posts
Does anyone know of any NGO/ Institution willing to accept abandoned cats? - 0 posts
Schengen visas - 9 posts
Hola everyone - 3 posts
Grazalema- The Guardian - 0 posts
Dash cams - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x