Air conditioning service contract

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
26 Sep 2007 12:00 AM by hobby Star rating in Hertfordshire/Estepo.... 155 posts Send private message

hobby´s avatar

Hi all you knowledgeable bods out there, we have a question which hasnt been asked before from what I can see and hope someone can help.

We bought our apartment new with working pre-installed air con/heating. I believe it was serviced by the original contractor for the first year but it will now be down to us to get it done.  Does any one know of a local company in the Estepona/Marbella etc area who does this, will they need access to the apartment or just the roof space? (If apartment access is needed it does make me doubt that the unit was ever serviced because we never had to let anyone in, thus our reluctance to use them!).

We'd be very grateful if anyone could steer us in the right direction, we did ask on our own community website what the other owners were doing but it doesnt seem as if anyone has any ideas (or theyre just not being very helpful - not like yourselves!)

Many thanks

Jackie

Like 0      
26 Sep 2007 4:33 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Jackie, how r u ? Good I hope.

Any of these, I think, would service air con units & I'd certainly think they'd need access to your apartment as the operating units are within your rooms & they'd need to ascertain if they, too, were working ok. (At least when we had service they needed to check everything.)

http://costadelsol.angloinfo.com/af/437/costa-del-sol-air-conditioning-and-heating.html

( PS We, too, have pre installed wiring & piping )

This message was last edited by morerosado on 9/26/2007.

Like 0      
26 Sep 2007 5:12 PM by hobby Star rating in Hertfordshire/Estepo.... 155 posts Send private message

hobby´s avatar

Hi Morerosado

Very well thanks, hope you had a good holiday.

Knew I could rely on you to come up with something - looks like the entire yellow pages there!!

The rooms just have vents in them and you can see the silver ducting behind the grilles, the only control unit is in the lounge which operates the whole system, there isnt any of those big ugly extractor boxes anywhere on any of the terraces so Im guessing that the gas etc is either on the roof of the apt block or in one of the basement rooms in the garages, (or I could be completely wrong and its behind the loft hatch in one of the bathrooms - bearing in mind we have another apt above us!)

Many thanks again More, any other suggestions are also very welcome, meanwhile I'll work my way through the 'yellow pages'!!

Jackie

Like 0      
26 Sep 2007 5:43 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Hi Hobby - make sure you know where the units are as they will need access to service and regas them if necessary - you could also call your community office as they may get them serviced as part of the community fees so dot pay out for something you dont need!

I would think the other owners are reticent as they may not need to get their units seen to yet.

Good luck

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
26 Sep 2007 6:13 PM by hobby Star rating in Hertfordshire/Estepo.... 155 posts Send private message

hobby´s avatar

Hi Rixxy

Thanks for that, the community fees dont allow for the units to be serviced looking at the budget breakdown, we were contacted by the original contractor - I think - offering to carry out the service, but after asking them to clarify that they did service the units during the first year we havent received a reply, hence my query.   One of the owners on our community had to pay for someone to repair their unit twice, surely if it was being serviced that shouldnt have been necessary?       As for where the units are - havent got a clue - again!

Thanks again

Jackie

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Hello - 3 posts
New to Forum - 4 posts
British estate agents - 23 posts
Richgirl - 2 posts
Malaga airport "improvements" - 15 posts
english surveying practice - 0 posts
Valuations - 0 posts
Window Tints - 19 posts
miss sold a marina dor apartment - 21 posts
Save a Street Child in Nepal for Just 1,50€ per Day!!!!!!!!!!!! - 0 posts
Offering my recommendations. - 2 posts
Property Management in Sucina. - 5 posts
Congratulations to Gina & her husband on the occasion of their Silver Wedding - 3 posts
directions from murcia airport please - 1 posts
news on block 7 - 3 posts
Feedback from Mar Azul??? - 0 posts
Home Insurance - 2 posts
Vacancy!!!!!!! - 29 posts
hand luggage - 5 posts
quesada bowling club - 3 posts
Bucket club - 1 posts
Wanted, long term rent, 2 bed in / around Duquesa / Sabinillas / Estepona - 1 posts
eBay sales!!!! - 3 posts
HI everyone . - 2 posts
air conditioning/furniture packages fuengirola - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x