help required with 3 main questions. thank you.

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
17 Jul 2018 1:32 PM by JRLH Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Hi to everyone :)

My wife and I are moving to Spain this year 2018. I am 57 and in part retirement so will be doing a small amount of consultancy marketing work with UK companies to cover the house running costs so only generating 500 – 600 euros per month.

3 main questions:

Question 1

I plan to pay into the Spanish NHS via a Convenio Especial but my wife is a Spanish National so do I still have to cover myself privately to have 1 years residency?

Question 2

If I register as self-employed but only earn up to 600 euros per month do I still have to pay 250 euros per month into the Spanish social security system?

Question 3

Can anyone recommend an accountant for sole trader tax returns.

Thank you J

Like 0      
19 Jul 2018 10:31 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Question 1

I plan to pay into the Spanish NHS via a Convenio Especial but my wife is a Spanish National so do I still have to cover myself privately to have 1 years residency? If your wife is the holder of rights in the Spanish Public Health system, you have same rights as her as beneficiary. You also need to apply for this residency permit: https://blog.costaluzlawyers.es/blog/2016/09/29/residency-permit-non-eu-family-members-european-citizen-residing-spain/

Question 2

If I register as self-employed but only earn up to 600 euros per month do I still have to pay 250 euros per month into the Spanish social security system? You may be eligible for the reduced monthly fare of 50 euros.

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 2      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

DOG FRIENDLY GUEST HOUSES - 3 posts
Northern Irish cast adrift once again - 17 posts
Ychristmas - 0 posts
New Tourism regulations for Holiday rentals in Valencia: Law 15/2018 - 6 posts
No tax if no gain when property selling: Supreme Court recent decission - 4 posts
Is airbnb permitted? - 2 posts
Denuncia - 6 posts
Recommendations for property manager - Quatretonda and surrounding areas - 10 posts
The very dark side of the Andalusian property buying p - 8 posts
Long term rental wanted - 1 posts
Inheritance tax - 24 posts
Rental Agents - 2 posts
where shall I go - 6 posts
Mulla old town housing - 3 posts
Disaster in Spain .. any help appreciated - 8 posts
Any help would be so helpful. - 5 posts
Costaluz lawyers - 8 posts
Driving licence - 2 posts
No need for dish if you have Virgin Media in U.K - 5 posts
Credit Card and Car Hire - 1 posts
personnel relationship agreement sabadell bank? - 1 posts
Long term rental - 4 posts
Translation - 4 posts
Car - 3 posts
Bank charges - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 2

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x