Costaluz lawyers

This thread is currently locked.

:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
24 Jun 2018 7:18 PM by jd67_london Star rating in London. 7 posts Send private message

Finally, after more than 10 years (i cant believe it's been that long!!) Costaluz lawyers won my case and I recieved a refund of my deposit. Thank you to all involved - it's a much better outcome that i thought possible.

I would highly recommend Maria and her team and should I need legal services in the future I'll be straight in touch with them. 

Gary Burke

Like 1      
24 Jun 2018 8:04 PM by georgie1 Star rating. 76 posts Send private message

Well done Gary and well done Costaluz did they tell you when or if about costs and interest ?

costaluz lawyers

Like 0      
26 Jun 2018 7:21 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Thanks Gary!  Hard work behind, believe me

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
13 Jul 2018 11:05 PM by Helia Star rating. 32 posts Send private message

Hi Gary,

Congratulations! We have asked costaluz lawyers to act on our behalf to get our deposit back but so far after 8 years they have not managed to push the court and the developer. Although we have won the case but so far no money has been received!!!

I guess if you received your money after 10 years, we still have two more years to wait :-(

This message was last edited by Helia on 13/07/2018.

Like 0      
14 Jul 2018 7:40 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Dear Gary:

Please email me so I can check it out as I am sure we have been trying. A different thing is if the action was against a developer, now insolvent, and an action againdst the bank is necessary.  

We propose the action against the bank to every client in that situation. I am sure we did for you.

As said, please email me, as I am sure we have answers.

Kind regards

María

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
14 Jul 2018 12:59 PM by Helia Star rating. 32 posts Send private message

Hi Maria,

I am not sure if you are asking Gary to email you or myself. I assume you meant me to reply to you as Gary has already received his money.

In that case I have emailed you a few days ago. What I don't understand is that we have won the case a few years ago and the developer's property has been seized by court more than a year ago, so why we cannot receive our money, I don't really know....

Kind regards

Like 1      
16 Jul 2018 12:16 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Yes, the question was for you. Please email me so I can double check. I am sure it is a matter of lack of solvency of developers, in which case, an action against the Bank is the way to go ahead.

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
23 Oct 2018 4:19 PM by Chrissie1 Star rating in UK. 384 posts Send private message

Chrissie1´s avatar

Maria

Could you confirm what date our case was admitted to the Supreme Court. I have asked on 2 occasions on 22.10.18 at 16.17pm and 18.09pm on the thread named: How long should a court hold onto your money. I think it is 9.9.16 but I would like you to confirm this for me.

Thanks

Chrissie1

Chrissie   

Like 0      
24 Oct 2018 4:29 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Chrissie:

I answered to you on the 22 Oct 2018  at 14:26 as below:

Maria

Could you please answer the following:-

Has the Cassation appeal actually been admitted to the SC, or is it still awaiting a decision whether it warrants admission? If there are technical issues for non admission then presumably you would have been informed by now, in which case the previous provincial appeal ruling would stand as a final ruling? Is this correct? It is correct. Its admission has yet not been decided

If on the other hand the appeal has been admitted to the SC, then if you have not been requested to make a payment for defending against the Cassation appeal, could this be because the law firm are covering these costs until such time as a  final SC ruling is achieved? It has not been admitted yet.

If you gain a successful ruling from the SC  then can you be awarded costs to cover your defence or does each party have to pay their own costs? Yes, if we win, our client can be awarded legal costs.

How long are the current delays for a decision to be made for admission to the SC? And likewise how long are the current delays thereafter between admission and achieving a final SC ruling?

A procedure in the Supreme Court usually takes between 24 and 36 months since it is filed.
It takes between 24 and 30 months  to admit it, and until 36 months to issue the final judgment

Thank you

Chrissie1

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

This thread is currently locked.

Previous Threads

Driving licence - 2 posts
No need for dish if you have Virgin Media in U.K - 5 posts
Credit Card and Car Hire - 1 posts
personnel relationship agreement sabadell bank? - 1 posts
Long term rental - 4 posts
Translation - 4 posts
Car - 3 posts
Bank charges - 1 posts
Bankia/BMN - 42 posts
Legal intrest payment - 3 posts
travel cot - 1 posts
one way van - 4 posts
superb help from Maria L. de Castro at Costaluz Lawyers - 1 posts
Work Permit for Egyptian Nationals in Canary Islands - 1 posts
BMN merger with Bankia issues - 20 posts
Localidad - 33 posts
motor home - 4 posts
Tasa 790 - 1 posts
Berta - 6 posts
Holiday Rental Licence - 0 posts
best areas to live in denia - 3 posts
Bank withdrawal - 3 posts
Key Holder required for 2 apartments - 1 in VillaMartin and 1 in La Mata - 1 posts
Car insurance - 27 posts
How Foreigners bought their homes in Spain in 2017 - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x