EU Succession Regulation 650/2012

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
21 Mar 2018 5:26 PM by quarkundboson Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

I am 75 and on my third or fourth wife (one loses count).  She is 50.  I have one legitimate son and an illegitimate daughter. My wife has a son by a previous marriage.

I have made separate provision for my daughter and intend to exclude her from my estate.

I am a British National., live about 5 months in Spain and 5 in USA travelling the rest. My assets are in Spain and US. 

My domicile of origin is England.  My domicile of choice is Spain.  I am certainly not “deemed”  domiciled in UK.

When I die I would like my widow to have a life interest in my estate and then it should pass exclusively to my son. 

How do I go about  achieving my objectives?

Like 0      
21 Mar 2018 11:09 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1223 posts Send private message

Make a will with the proviso "I wish this will to be executed as per the laws of my nationality which is UK" or summat like that. Can't remember the exact wording but that way you can leave your estate to whoever you want.

Even if you become a Spanish resident (ie living here more than 6 months of the year) that will still be valid.

Like 0      
22 Mar 2018 4:16 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

You make a Will in Spain before a Notario,  who, when you explain what you want,  will know what to include.

The right of usufruct.  Life occupancy,  is explained in Eye on Spain in a blog at:-

Spanish wills and inheritance taxation: The Usufruct, a way of saving taxes

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Planning to move to Ibiza to dj - 1 posts
Boat Trips - 4 posts
Moving my business to Ibiza, whats your thoughts? - 4 posts
Importing Car - 0 posts
Weather gripe - 32 posts
Incorrect Direct Debits - 3 posts
Easter Parades Torrevieja - 0 posts
I won my first instance case against banks - 3 posts
9 cases won so far in 2018 by CostaluzLawyers - 13 posts
Decaration of assets abroad- end of term 31st March - 43 posts
Car Insurance - 3 posts
Wills - 3 posts
Great new classical choir in Vera (Almeria) - 0 posts
Public schools - 3 posts
SELLING PROPERTY - 8 posts
registration for rentals - 1 posts
good rental agents aguilas area -costa calida - 0 posts
Capital gains tax - 2 posts
La Caixa refusing to pay out on life insurance. - 44 posts
Anything happening at Nueva Ribera? - 1 posts
vera playa almeria - 13 posts
Wills - 1 posts
Bank want to trick me into saying I'm investor - 2 posts
EU Referendum - 17 posts
problems with filmon - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x