La Caixa refusing to pay out on life insurance.

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
10 Mar 2018 2:24 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1314 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

Keeno contract is with Caixa bank and the London branch is part of it, which will be regulated by UK laws and regulators whether Caixa bank Spain likes it or not. Caixabank, S.A., United Kingdom Branch is on the Financial Services Register under Reference Number 447200. Yes they will try and fob him off at first but if Keeno is persistent the bank will not want the aggravation.

Why not let’s see how he gets on before the know all comments.

This message was last edited by Kavanagh on 10/03/2018.

Like 2      
10 Mar 2018 5:45 PM by acer Star rating. 1528 posts Send private message

Kavanagh, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) have absolutely no jurisdiction in this matter.  The alleged misdemeanor happened in Spain which is a bit outside their territorial limits.

Even if they were interested, the fact is that the OP will struggle to say what he's complaining about.   He hasn't vaguely been through the right procedure.   He hasn't even spoken to La Caixa himself and has nothing of any interest to a regulatory authority.

Kavanagh, if say you walked into the representative office of Barclays in Madrid and complained to the the largely Spanish staff of a problem with Barclays in Milton Keynes do you really think they would be remotely interested?  Do you really expect them to do anything to assist?  Is there a difference?

The OP has made very little progress so far and your advice is not at all helpful.

Like 2      
10 Mar 2018 7:46 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1314 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

How can you possibly say ‘’ He hasn't vaguely been through the right procedure.’’. Have you ever read the OP?.

Like 2      
11 Mar 2018 7:46 AM by acer Star rating. 1528 posts Send private message

Kavanagh, yes I have read through the OP's comments and clearly he has gone off in the wrong direction.  Perhaps he's listened to bad advice.

On that subject are you going to explain what you expect the OP to gain by contacting La Caixa in London?

Like 0      
11 Mar 2018 9:12 AM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1314 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

Wait and see.

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Anything happening at Nueva Ribera? - 1 posts
vera playa almeria - 13 posts
Wills - 1 posts
Bank want to trick me into saying I'm investor - 2 posts
EU Referendum - 17 posts
12 months contract - 5 posts
Long term rental Benidorm - 2 posts
legal Interest rates - 27 posts
HEALTHCARE IN SPAIN - 21 posts
Newbie to here and hopefully to Spain! - 26 posts
Wanted: Long term rental villa Moraira area /Se busca alquiler de villa a largo plazo en el área de Moraira - 0 posts
Landlord refuses to fix hot water - says I can pay for it myself - 7 posts
Hello from a future apprentice in Spain - 1 posts
Saving account - 1 posts
Help! I need a landscape gardener - 0 posts
Landscape gardener required - 1 posts
Pontevedra - 1 posts
Community powers - 10 posts
Autism provision in Spain - 2 posts
The dreaded Selling my Car in Spain - 1 posts
Embargo/Sale of uninhabited property if owner owes high Community Fees... - 6 posts
Hello - 19 posts
Buying a car in spain - 11 posts
Right of neighbour over my land - 12 posts
Blood pressure monitor - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 45

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x