Things to Information. Have a LOOK !!!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
21 Sep 2007 12:00 AM by Grazy Star rating in Estepona. 17 posts Send private message

Hi All,

I attended university in England and then went on to work for several years as a car body modeller, when I was made redundant there I worked as Petrochemical Piping Designer and finally I did 5 years as a teacher of CDT in Brentwood in Essex. I hated the weather. I hated the road Traffic Police and I hated Margaret Thatcher, so when my Mum passed away in 1985 I decided to sell everything I owned and try and make my living in Estepona in Spain.

I bought a an English style pub, but quickly realized, whilst selling alcohol brings in a living, food was where the real profit lay, so I sold the pub after two years and bought a Bar-Pizzeria-TA, which I have run together with my partner for the last 19 years. From our apartment, which is near the sea, we have fantastic views of : the Pillars of Hercules, the Sierra Bermeja mountain range and of course a wonderful view of the Mediterranean Sea.

My son studied for free in the sate system, but at the age of 13 we thought he would reach a better standard and have more chance of getting onto a “good” university course if we moved him to an Eng. International college, he was bilingual by that time. He’s now doing the second year of his A level course and looks set for Spanish university, leading to a professional career.

My partner and me own several properties both here and in South America. Probably if I’d stayed in the UK I would have made more money, but here I have a wonderful quality of life.

Neither myself or my partner have “business brains” and we have achieved everything by buying a bar-restaurant in West-Marbella (Which is an upmarket area.) and running it to the best of our abilities.

I would love to hear from other members who have started successful businesses in Spain.

If any members have questions about setting up bars or restaurants, I’ll try my best to answer them.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Monarch Cancelled flight today - 13 posts
Interesting article - 2 posts
Swimming pool regulations in spain to require a lifeguard or not - 2 posts
Help in Time of Need - 6 posts
Badminton - 2 posts
HELP ! ONE DOUBLE BED REQUIRED AND DELIVERED ON SET DAY!! - 10 posts
Holiday rental needed 14th oct - playa flamenca - la florida - 1 posts
Getting your 16-18 year Old Thru. to Becoming a Professional Here in Spain. - 3 posts
Goodfellas Playa Flamenca - 3 posts
INSPECTION TRIP FEEDBACK SOUGHT FOR ARTICLE PLEASE - 8 posts
Advisable to appoint a lawyer when selling ? - 3 posts
SUMA payments - 7 posts
Lo Crispin - 5 posts
What is CDS ? - 2 posts
Restaurants in Totana, Murcia - 2 posts
PRE-FABRICATED POOLS - 0 posts
Great restaurant for a special birthday - 14 posts
Lawyers! - 8 posts
I'VE GIVEN UP SMOKING! - 88 posts
Indian in Almoradi - 0 posts
Santa Ana Jumilia - 4 posts
Land opposite Lidl's at Playa Flamenca - 12 posts
Coordinated Lifestyles / CU InSpain - 16 posts
Registering a car in Spain - 13 posts
Indoor swimming pools - 13 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 1

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x