How are bridge Clubs taxed in Spain

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
24 Aug 2017 9:23 PM by buttons Star rating in Nerja. 15 posts Send private message

We have recently started a bridge club ; I understand there have been changes concerning how clubs are taxed. We collect a membership and charge table money....those two payments account for out income. Do any forum members know what taxes, if any, we will have to pay? I 

Like 0      
25 Aug 2017 11:53 AM by Jimbofinn Star rating in Chiclana De La Front.... 224 posts Send private message

Jimbofinn´s avatar

Suggest you seek advice from a gestor, or you'll likely end up going round in circles from the many different pieces of advice you receive here - however well intentioned they may be.

Like 1      
29 Aug 2017 6:13 PM by acer Star rating. 1529 posts Send private message

Buttons,

Good luck with your new bridge club!  

I hesitate to respond and incur the ridicule of Jimbofinn, but I would mention that I belong to several clubs in both Spain and the UK and the question of tax has never been raised or featured in the accounts.  To be honest I've never actually thought of it.  If I had I would probably have assumed that it would fall within the exempt  non profit making rules in the UK.  In Spain...who knows...

But it is a valid query and I'm not sure that a conversation with a gestor is necessarily the answer either.  If the Spanish taxman knocks on your door some time in the future the fact you had a conversation with a gestor now will be of modest value.  The Spanish seem to like imposing harsh fines for illogical and technical breaches of their tax rules, so I reckon you're right to seek clarification.

If you speak to a gestor you need to ensure that the advice is in writing, but better the Hacienda will confirm the position and I would take the individual's details and confirm their comments back to them in writing.  But I'll raise the query with one of the Treasurers I know in Spain and let you know if he has received any clarification on the point.  

Like 0      
04 Sep 2017 3:08 PM by acer Star rating. 1529 posts Send private message

Buttons,

The attitude of both clubs where I play in Spain is that they reckon it's not worth the bother.  Apparently few years ago one of the clubs asked one of their Spanish members with a financial background for their input and received the same response.

Probably not a great deal of use to you, but if you decide to do nothing at least you know you're not alone.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Break - 3 posts
Looking for accomodation in Mijas or Estepona f end October - 0 posts
Why are repossession procedures stopped in Spain? - 45 posts
stray dog at Los terrazas del la torre golf - 1 posts
EHIC's hidden probelm - 47 posts
Floor clause with Solbank? - 2 posts
RETIREMENT - 59 posts
Advice for a winter stay in Spain - 8 posts
Spanish builder needed for renovation - playa flamenca - 0 posts
Escape for the Winter- BBC Television Series Wants You! - 13 posts
BBC Television Series Escape for the Winter ! - 0 posts
SPANISH JUSTICE PART 2 - 1 posts
Cleaning Job - 1 posts
Using the dt Playlist feature to get the Football channels you want! - 2 posts
List of Won cases on off plan refunds by Costaluz Lawyers/DeCastro so far in 2017 - 4 posts
Property over two streets - 6 posts
Long term renting in Spain - 0 posts
I am selling my property and have an Estate Agent doing this. - 4 posts
Thinking of moving to Spain - 10 posts
What happened with last thread regarding case and costs recovered? - 0 posts
Reporting loss of vehicle in Spain - WARNING - 0 posts
Risk of letting a relative stay in a property rent free? - 8 posts
Information on Almunecar.... Costa Tropical - 0 posts
Malaga Airport Delays - 14 posts
Lapsed Habitation Certificate - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x