Riding a motorbike in Spain

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
15 May 2017 12:32 by chelle&glenn Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Hi, I have been on the N332 site and can,t seem to find how to ask this Question. Basicaly, My 16 year old Grandson will be spending this summer in Spain. Can he legally use an English plated, fully insured in England under 125cc bike for the time he is here? The bike would be transported down along with other items I am bringing to Spain. Look forward to some comments.                       Kind Regards,    Glenn McNulty. / Spanish holiday home owner.


Like 0      
15 May 2017 13:15 by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1755 posts Send private message


This link might help


WIl your grandson have a UK A1 licence (i think he would have to be 17 to get that in Uk but not sure) If not what licence does he have and check with DVLA for its use in Spain

and best check with your insurance company

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge”

Like 2      
15 May 2017 14:05 by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5247 posts Send private message

The vehicle can be used in Spain, but check the UK insurance re the Green Card cover


Re the DL;-        

  It says here that he can drive in Spain. 


European carnets are valid as long as they are in force, as long as the driver has the legal Spanish age to use that card in Spain. Obviously if that card is withdrawn or punished without driving, both in Spain and in your country of origin can not drive with such a card. If you come to Spain as a tourist, you can drive with the card you have, without any management.


This message was last edited by johnzx on 15/05/2017.


Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Help please with Building Licence - 4 posts
canine requirements - 0 posts
Cruises Cartagena - 2 posts
Reconnection to Endesa - 18 posts
Residencia - 17 posts
Can anyone recommend a cleaner in Campoverde? - 2 posts
Canine requirements - 12 posts
Free Math App for Kids - 1 posts
Touch up paint - 5 posts
Problem neighbour - 22 posts
I want to move to spain - 33 posts
Does owning a B and B class as being employed and eligible for healthcare - 1 posts
AGM - 3 posts
6 berth uk spec caravan with AIR CONDITIONING - 0 posts
Seeking Advice on Transportation of Belongings to Spain - 11 posts
Trailers - 1 posts
Damp Kitchen Problem - 33 posts
All inclusive holidays - 14 posts
Advice on changing ownership of car, - 11 posts
property taxes - 7 posts
trying to find a tax advisor in torrevieja called Andrew - 5 posts
Semi detached 3 bedroom house for sale in Tías - Lanzarote (Canary Islands) - 0 posts
Help! UK TV SERVICE NEEDED - 3 posts
I have received a bill from Patronato de Recaudacion Provincial - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x