WHO LIVES IN A CAVE??

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
12 Sep 2007 12:00 AM by deesam56 Star rating in Stafford. 31 posts Send private message

DOES ANYONE LIVE IN A CAVE?

HOW IS IT? AND HOW LONG OR DIFFICULT IS THE RENOVATION PROCESS.  CAN YOU REFORM YOURSELF (APART FROM ELECTRICITY/WATER/SEWERAGE ETC)

I AM EXPLORING LOTS OF POSSIBILITES IN ORDER TO MOVE TO SPAIN AS CHEAPLY AS POSSIBLE

SO ANY ADVICE OR HELP FROM THOSE WHO HAVE DONE IT WOULD BE GREAT!!

Like 0      
12 Sep 2007 4:58 PM by rowlandsbb Star rating in Gloucestershire &Hue.... 779 posts Send private message

rowlandsbb´s avatar

Some of the Spanish did but now they have moved and left them for us!!!

Some nice cave conversions and you can do your own provided you plan and work hard at it

The builder dealers are doing them up and selling to the English

Whether they will have a market for re sales in the future is perhaps a big question...Spanish probably wont buy [ and they are the largest buyers of holiday homes in Spain.....surprise surprise!!!]

Not in favour myself because of the title problems and everything else but there are many happy buyers

I am a buyer myself as well as an agent and prefer real Spain but you do not have to be in a cave to get this

What is your budget?

Anything very cheap is cheap because it needs a lot of work, title problems, location etc

But if a cave is your 'dream' then follow it....life is for living not just making a profit out of your home!!

But good new 2 bed maisonettes start with us from circa £69k plus costs...after refurb your cave may be more but then a cave is a cave......really old Spain

Good luck

This message was last edited by rowlandsbb on 9/12/2007.

Like 0      
12 Sep 2007 7:38 PM by deesam56 Star rating in Stafford. 31 posts Send private message

thanks for that. I have looked on the web for caves and buying a plot of land to build my own.

Having 3 sons, I need to know that the place I eventually buy is secure and we own it!  I also prefer the idea of designing and building to our own specs. I think a lot of people are like this.

Only renting in Uk all my married life and now at 50, 59 , my husband and myself, we feel the need to own and prices in UK are too high to even consider - no mortgage chance at our ages!!

Maybe it is an 'Ideal'  that is only a dream but if it comes to fruition it will be the best thing for me with Rheumatoid Arthritis, and my family. Lifestyle, culture, and less fear of anything happening to your children or property.

Like 0      
13 Sep 2007 9:20 AM by rowlandsbb Star rating in Gloucestershire &Hue.... 779 posts Send private message

rowlandsbb´s avatar

Hi Denise

In Spain you can get mortgages which have to be paid off by the time you are 80 and at the start depending on the deposit a few years interest only

This can be based on your UK income or pension

If you are intending to move to Spain but still in work in UK it is best to get your mortgage arranged before you go based on UK job

I think finance on caves is difficult

Brian  

Like 0      
13 Sep 2007 10:20 AM by deesam56 Star rating in Stafford. 31 posts Send private message

Hi Rowland,

Thank you for that information - it helps to know these things. i suppose caves are not legal which is why no mortgage allowed on them. How about land to build a house?  can you get a mortgage just on land or do you have to build it then apply for a mortgage??

I do not know how lending works on property, never having had a mortgage

Dee

Like 0      
13 Sep 2007 10:28 AM by deesam56 Star rating in Stafford. 31 posts Send private message

sorry, meant to reply to Brian - not use your surname - very sorry!!    

Like 0      
13 Sep 2007 12:30 PM by rowlandsbb Star rating in Gloucestershire &Hue.... 779 posts Send private message

rowlandsbb´s avatar

Denise

I have sent you a PM but yopu can get a mortgage to finance building a house on a plot of land

Brian

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Hi all anyone recommmend Polaris World ? - 21 posts
Hi - 3 posts
WANTED - 3 BEDROOM LONG TERM LET IN MURCIA - 5 posts
Don't understand this !!! - 1 posts
MARBLE FLOOR POLISHING - 28 posts
Disney - 4 posts
EASY PEASY! - 4 posts
BUYING PARCEL OF LAND FOR COMMERCIAL USE??? - 0 posts
Buying a property, moorings, boat, Spanish Bank account and need financial advice - 2 posts
lessons for drivers - the other side of the road! - 12 posts
Hola anyone in Daya Nueva - 0 posts
Buying into offplan? Fine, as long as you can COMPLETE on it. - 5 posts
Builders Clean - 17 posts
Shot Guns/Firearms - 0 posts
Hola - 20 posts
What happens when Planning permission is not granted - 2 posts
Alicante Airport Transfers? - 1 posts
Airport Transfers from Alicante - 1 posts
Business Wanted - 3 posts
Long Term Rental Wanted - 1 posts
Railway Station - 10 posts
Recovering Unpaid Rent - Help Please! - 2 posts
Airtel Aircondition Units - 3 posts
Where is Maria Delcastro? - 5 posts
Hiya all - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x