Hacienda Del Alamo - Do villa's rent well & is there still a fly problem?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
20 Feb 2016 7:19 PM by EdSmith Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hi Guys,

We visited HDA a few months ago & and really loved the area.

We are seriously thinking of buying a holiday home but would need to rent it out during the school holdiays to help pay the mortgage costs. 

I would be looking at buying a three bed with a private pool - does anyone know if these type of villas rent well? 

Also, does the resort still have a problem with flies?

Any comments would be much appreciated. Many Thanks Ed

This message was last edited by EdSmith on 20/02/2016.

Like 0      
21 Feb 2016 9:28 AM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

I would not advise you to buy if you need to rent it out to help pay the mortgage if you do decide to go ahead with a purchase the only way to make money out of renting out is to find your own clients you will need a toristca license and liability insurance and pay tax on the income .

Like 3      
21 Feb 2016 10:49 AM by EdSmith Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Thanks Windtalker, your advice is very much appreciated and I will have a serious think before moving forward. 

To be fair, I can easily afford the mortgage and running costs at the moment but I suppose I am scarred/worried in case my circumstances change down the line. I will only have a small mortgage (around 500Euro per month) & was only hoping to make around 3000 - 4000Euro a year from renting the property - I do not intend to use the rental money to pay the mortgage but would like to build up a 'reserve' incase I run into problems in the future.

When I was over at HDA, the estate agent advised me that the 3 bed villas with private pools rented particulary well & reassured me that I would have no problem renting throught the schools holidays but I am not so sure this is the case and I cannot see any villas pre-booked for this years summer holiday!

If I was to find my own clients, how could I find out about the toristca license, liability insurance and tax ? 

Also, can anyone advise me on the costs of pool maintaince? The estate agent advised me they charged 100Euro per month which seems quite expensive.

Thanks again for any advice

Like 0      
21 Feb 2016 11:18 AM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

EdSmith

There are many property mangement companises from self employed to larger comnpanies and estate agents.

Shop around and take you time

Avoid illegal key holders such as neighbours (community presidnts are soem of the worst!)

Anyone you use insist on a contract (have it checked by your soilicitor), insist on seeing (getting copies) of  the Spanish company registration details and liability insurance etc.and do a company check (easily done on line). Also what is very importnat is clear fair and acceptable termination of any contract.

Have you checked out tax implications with UK inland revenue

Alternativley of course you could always do what many people do and take the risks and stay under the radarwink

Like 0      
21 Feb 2016 11:46 AM by Hephaestus Star rating in The Peak District Na.... 1230 posts Send private message

EdSmith,

Whatever you wish to do I would advise that you don't say too much on internet forums, most of them have more 'reporters' than the Daily Telegraph. wink

I'm Spartacus, well why not?

Like 0      
21 Feb 2016 12:27 PM by Spanishsteve Star rating in Surrey, Eastbourne &.... 81 posts Send private message

EdSmith,

pool maintenance average seems to be around 70 euros a month. Some companies allow you to clean your pool whilst you are there and when you come back to UK they then restart the cleaning.

Like 0      
22 Feb 2016 12:30 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Although the location you are looking at is in Murcia, where I believe the regulations on tourist lettings are still pending, they are likely to be introduced soon, in line with other regions, so you should have a read through this thread http://www.eyeonspain.com/forums/posts-long-21722.aspx about the situation in Andalucia before making a decision.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
26 Feb 2016 8:45 PM by Mark2012 Star rating in Wiltshire. 1 posts Send private message

Rented a number of times over the last 5 years at HDA, flies seem a seasonal problem, more in late May last year than when we went in late July, when really no problem at all.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Looking to buy in Torrox - 0 posts
Purchase Tax - 0 posts
How do we get 'approved' to be able to post links in forum posts? - 3 posts
Sarah - 2 posts
Is there Spanish Law about TV aerials in Communities - 10 posts
La Caixa bank charges - 1 posts
New to Spain and this Forum - 5 posts
Spanish Lawyer still has 5000 euros of mine - 12 posts
Trading Cars, License needed but how? - 7 posts
Living / moving in Spain - 13 posts
Utilities - 3 posts
Car Insurance Question - 2 posts
UCI Mortgage Debt Dilemma - 3 posts
Water supply to rural house - 8 posts
Longterm parking - 2 posts
Hello all - 7 posts
self-drive france to spain - 0 posts
Hi everyone, could do with some advice re:property rental - 4 posts
What does this mean? - 0 posts
Villa to rent on Camposol - 3 posts
Self drive - weight limits and police fining brits - 13 posts
Traffic Law in Spain - 21 posts
Letting in Andalucia, experience from elsewhere - 29 posts
Directive 2015/413/EU - 0 posts
UK car return to UK..tax MOT expired..what to do - 27 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x