New to Spain and this Forum

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
18 Feb 2016 10:43 AM by johnnyhoz Star rating in Andelucia. 3 posts Send private message

Hi all 

my wife and I moved here in November 2015, we are both retired in our late 60's and are now officially residents we have our NIE's and our health cards. I have just bought a car as we wish to explore Spain and to shop in surrounding towns, the garage owner where I bought the vehicle is doing the transfer of ownership etc, etc. he said he will do this at his expense, but talking to folk in a bar they say I need to get a tax number using a form Modelo 030, my wife and I are retired and both receiving our old age pensions paid into a Spanish bank we are not working and do not own property here, is it still necessary to fill in this 030 form and would we need help from an interpreter, would really appreciate advice on this.

Best Regards

John 

Like 0      
18 Feb 2016 10:56 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

When you say NIE's I guess you mean that you have Registered on the EU Citizens Register, so you have the green A4 sheet, or the green credit card sized one.   It is sometimes, but wrinkly referred to as 'residencia'. It replaced the residencia in 2007 when it was abolished for EU citizens.

Your tax ID is the NIE.

You may need a certificate of empadronamiento from your town hall. It is the list of people resident in the town.

PS Beware of bar room experts

Like 1      
18 Feb 2016 11:08 AM by johnnyhoz Star rating in Andelucia. 3 posts Send private message

Thanks for your swift reply johnzx,

yes we have the small green credit size residencia card we also have the certificate of empadronamieto, but what about this modelo030 form, any ideas?

Like 0      
18 Feb 2016 11:14 AM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1223 posts Send private message

You don't need the Modelo 030. It's for those whose tax status changes or address details etc change. And for those who are going to do business with tax implications.

The NIE is your tax ID number and is sufficient for buying a car (or even property).

Like 1      
18 Feb 2016 11:37 AM by johnnyhoz Star rating in Andelucia. 3 posts Send private message

Thank you mariedav for your reply, didn't want to waste money on the interpreter in our local bar, she's giving false advice and ripping people off, we did give her all the information i.e. our circumstances and the documents we already have.

thanks again

John 

Like 0      
20 Feb 2016 3:05 PM by Timbernew Star rating. 20 posts Send private message

Hi all, I am new to the site having just registered.

I am looking and hoping to buy a 3 bed apartment in the Mucia region, preferably on a golf resort.

I am learning as i search online, any advice will be very welcome.

Thanks

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Spanish Lawyer still has 5000 euros of mine - 12 posts
Trading Cars, License needed but how? - 7 posts
Living / moving in Spain - 13 posts
Utilities - 3 posts
Car Insurance Question - 2 posts
UCI Mortgage Debt Dilemma - 3 posts
Water supply to rural house - 8 posts
Longterm parking - 2 posts
Hello all - 7 posts
self-drive france to spain - 0 posts
Hi everyone, could do with some advice re:property rental - 4 posts
What does this mean? - 0 posts
Villa to rent on Camposol - 3 posts
Self drive - weight limits and police fining brits - 13 posts
Traffic Law in Spain - 21 posts
Letting in Andalucia, experience from elsewhere - 29 posts
Directive 2015/413/EU - 0 posts
UK car return to UK..tax MOT expired..what to do - 27 posts
la caixa bank charges - 6 posts
filling a swimming pool - 6 posts
Inspector home - 3 posts
Monte zenia - 3 posts
Quality of Photographs Advertising Properties for Sale in Spain. - 5 posts
claims on travel insurance - 9 posts
BREXIT - 7450 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x