Buying Corvera Golf Resort

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
16 Oct 2015 6:50 PM by Tgk280 Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi,

I'm looking at buying a property in Murcia preferably on a golf resort.

is Corvera resort getting better , and would a bank repo or owned property be best to buy ?

I know the golf course is closed & probably won't be open anytime soon.

could anyone answer this honestly, how good are the properties they seem larger than other resorts.

i have in the region of €60k so what would that get me ?

thanks

Like 0      
17 Oct 2015 8:34 AM by thorpej2 Star rating in Loughborough . 97 posts Send private message

Have a look on Terrazas de la Torre, there's a range of apartments and locations on the resort for that price. It is better located for the coast and other amenities, plus the course is very busy and looks good all year round. We bought here last year and haven't regretted it for one moment. 

Jim 

Like 0      
17 Oct 2015 7:47 PM by DuncanMcG Star rating in Manchester, UK. 377 posts Send private message

DuncanMcG´s avatar

I agree with Jim. I recentlly bought on Las Terrazas de La Torre for the same reasons. Great location. Well placed for the beach, mountains, airports (San Javier and Alicante), cities (Murcia and Cartagena) and local shops at Roldan, Los Alcazares and San Javier. The larger shopping malls at Cartagena, Murcia and La Zenia are all within a half hour's drive. It's self-contained, with well maintained golf course, gardens and community pools and great security. Also, if you do play golf, there are Mar Menor, La Torre and other courses nearby. You will find 1 bedroom properties from just over €40k, 2 bedrooms from just over €50k and 3 bedrooms from just under €80k

To be honest, I didn't look at Corvera but online their prices look similar. For me, not having a golf course is a major negative. Does it have 24x7 security, a bar, restaurant and supermarket on site? These would be the minimum facilities I would expect.

I had a look at some of the apartments on rightmove. Some good prices there and yes, they do look larger in terms of floor space, but you need to take account of the fact they have two bathrooms and also are probably including terrace space in the floor space.

Bank Repos may be empty/unfinished and therefore will lack lighting, furniture, white goods etc. Preowned are generally sold furnished or at least with fixtures and fittings. Another thing to beware of when buying a bank repo is that there may be no builder's guarantee and build problems may have to be rectified yourself. I bought a repo and had a leaking cistern. Others have more expensive problems such as the aircon preinstallation being blocked etc. If going for a repo, always check the property for defects. On the flip side, banks will pay off all debts on the property prior to sale. You will need to check this thoroughly.

I suggest you read the Corvera Forum http://www.eyeonspain.com/community/corvera-golf-and-country-club-C98/forums.aspx and also Las Terrazas de La Torre http://www.eyeonspain.com/community/terrazas-de-la-torre-golf-resort-T57.aspx

At the very least, visit a couple of resorts before you buy anything. Good luck!

This message was last edited by DuncanMcG on 17/10/2015.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Efforvesence salts on floor tile grout. - 1 posts
Malaga/near by - 0 posts
Transferring Euros from Spanish Bank Account to Uk - 17 posts
Moving to Spain - 1 posts
Upturn in Spanish property sales? - 269 posts
Disgusting Service from Dickmanns CS - 4 posts
Delpaso car hire - Malaga ..AVOID - 1 posts
Telefonica/Movistar - 1 posts
Hola! me nombre es Kane - British teacher needing advice on moving to Valencia - 5 posts
LOCAL RATES 2015 - PAYMENT ENFORCEMENT - 7 posts
How do you get in touch with moderators on this site - 5 posts
E-bike rental service - 1 posts
First time visiting El Saladillo near Mazarron - 4 posts
Hi,I'm,Fairygirl and I'm looking for a place to,rent for February and March next year in Gran Alacant, Alicante - 0 posts
Surcharges on debts - 3 posts
SPANISH EQUIVALENT OF RSPCA - 2 posts
Car and trailer query - 2 posts
Do we get the title dees? - 1 posts
Making a very simple will - 1 posts
Marbella rentals & occupancy - 4 posts
Gran Canaria. A new life? Dream or reality? - 4 posts
PRODUCTIVE PARTICIPATION IN THE ANDALUSIAN FORUM ON JUSTICE - 5 posts
Cancelling a life Insurance for mortgage protection after selling property - 5 posts
Looking for a four bed country house in Spain - 0 posts
flight charges - 11 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x