How dose this work. CAR REG

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
04 Oct 2015 9:03 PM by rightmove Star rating. 42 posts Send private message

Looking at a Spanish car, but  i a bit confused------( This car is registered in Spain, but was MOT'd in the UK (to Aug 2015), and has the Spanish MOT (ITV) until September 2016. I have all the paperwork for this - ITV, tax, MOT, ) Can this be right,if its got a UK MOT, would that mean its be reg as a UK CAR OR COULD IT STILL BE SPANISH ????

Like 0      
04 Oct 2015 9:54 PM by Sten46 Star rating in Hatton, Derbyshire &.... 243 posts Send private message

You say 'MoT to August 2015' - from this it must mean that the MoT has expired, therefore it DOESN'T have an MoT.

I read your post as the car was MoT'd in England in August 2014 and sometime later exported to Spain. If you have an ITV to September 2016, then it must have been ITV'd in Spain in September 2015 (last month) and should be on Spanish plates. If this is the case, it is legally a Spanish car and any UK documentation is irrelevent.

If you're not sure, this is one of the times when you should really go to Traffico in the area where it is registered and get it checked out.

Steve

Steve.

Like 0      
05 Oct 2015 8:51 AM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

Try the new beta service from GOV.UK to see the status in the UK, You can get an informe in Spain to check on the status here

Like 0      
05 Oct 2015 12:39 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

A car with a Spanish reg, if it need a test (over 4 years old) then the only legal one is an ITV issued in Spain.

A UK reg vehicle, if it needs a test needs an MOT in UK.

No other test cert is legal.

And be aware that a test cert only means the vehicle was legal (roadworthy) at the moment of the test.  If you then get say a cut in a tyre, or damage the exhaust etc.  as you leave the centre then the vehicle is no longer roadworthy.

Like 0      
05 Oct 2015 6:57 PM by rightmove Star rating. 42 posts Send private message

Team GB    PM SENT

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

"Homes under the hammer" Spanish adventure CAMPOSOL - 40 posts
Do I, or my buy pay tax on the furniture sold separately when selling my appartment. - 11 posts
Inheritance Tax Laws - 22 posts
The ones that are being kicked out of their homes by banks are not Spanish - 7 posts
Moving to Spain - 2 posts
Bank Charges - Banco Popular? - 4 posts
No longer need to learn Spanish! - 1 posts
Do you live in Valencia? Advice on current weather please?! - 3 posts
Do you live in Valencia? Advice on current weather please?! - 1 posts
property for sale - 0 posts
New Years Eve in Estepona / Sabinillas - 0 posts
Information Required - 9 posts
NEW!!! - GREAT NEWS!!!! - SUPREME COURT CONFIRMS BANK LIABILITY FOR DEPOSITS UNDER LAW 57/1968 - 61 posts
Coin Meters/electricity charges - 4 posts
Rental Management - TV and Broadband - 3 posts
Bank punished again! Banco Popular in Arcos de la Frontera´Vistas del Lago : Miraflores Development - 3 posts
moving to spain - 10 posts
Tax tax and more tax - 0 posts
Lost logbbook - 4 posts
Car Insurance - 16 posts
Why did you move to Spain? - 1 posts
1000 Euros per month - 37 posts
Renters insurance - 3 posts
Health Insurance - 1 posts
Hello all, moving to spain and rent long term, and pension advice please. - 6 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x