How much less to offer on asking price '%' ...

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
06 Sep 2015 7:21 PM by DuncanMcG Star rating in Manchester, UK. 377 posts Send private message

DuncanMcG´s avatar

@MFraser, I only paid tax on the price I paid for my apartment.

Like 0      
06 Sep 2015 10:20 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Duncan:   I only paid tax on the price I paid for my apartment.

That is the experience of most buyers,  but I guess you know Hacienda have up to five years to make a claim if they believe the sale price was under declared

Like 0      
07 Sep 2015 1:01 AM by DuncanMcG Star rating in Manchester, UK. 377 posts Send private message

DuncanMcG´s avatar

Hi johnzx, yes I had read about that. There is a good article with respect to that here https://www.justlanded.com/english/Spain/Spain-Guide/Property/Fees-Taxes.

I did some research on current property values and found this http://www.fotocasa.es/en/real-estate-index-evolution-of-housing-prices/. It says the average price psqm in Murcia is 1,194€. I used the wayback machine to find the average price in January when I bought and it was 1,156€ psqm. When I multiply that by my property size it pretty much matches the price I paid. Hopefully (fingers crossed) the price I paid reflects the current "valor catastral" and there won't be any more to pay. I would think that even if I did get a bargain, it wouldn't attract the penalties for 20% or 50% under-evalutions. 

I'll just have to wait and see I suppose, but I think the law is there to stop people under declaring the price they paid in order to avoid tax rather than linking it back to some inflated valuation from a decade ago at the peak of the property bubble.

This message was last edited by DuncanMcG on 07/09/2015.

Like 0      
07 Sep 2015 2:59 AM by DuncanMcG Star rating in Manchester, UK. 377 posts Send private message

DuncanMcG´s avatar

@ossie1 Just looked at average property prices in Benhavis on the fotocas site and it says 2109€ per square metre

Adobe Flash Player is required to view this content.

servicio ofrecido por www.fotocasa.es lideres en venta y alquiler de pisos y casas

Like 1      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Community President Expenses - 4 posts
Help with redemption please :) - 1 posts
president - 0 posts
Good Place To Rent Costa Calida Area - 27 posts
problems with headphones - 0 posts
Hoja de Reclamación - 6 posts
Smart meters - 4 posts
Vaccinations for a visit to China - 1 posts
What's it like to live full-time in the region of Playa Flameca? - 32 posts
re- locating to spain - 1 posts
DENUNCIAS BY OWNERS LETTING ‘ILLEGALLY’ - 24 posts
Solvia Bank Mortgage - 0 posts
What are the 3 things you would change - 1 posts
What would I do differently - 1 posts
sewing machines - 0 posts
Parking on the street for Free all day / night in Extramurs, Valencia? - 1 posts
Some tools with which to learn Basic Spanish - 2 posts
Uk Driving license taken by police - 6 posts
bank fees for mortgage - 19 posts
charges on property - 11 posts
La Herrada Holiday Home Owners - Beware - 70 posts
LONG - MID TERM RENTAL JAN - MAR 2016 - 2 posts
Bus Travel West Along the N340 - 5 posts
Murcia Region Rental Wanted - 12 posts
Cover for electric boiler on balcony required - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 24

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x