Valencia car hire companies that won't rip me off!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
24 Aug 2015 5:09 PM by emjharts Star rating. 33 posts Send private message

I've not been to Valencia before but when I go to Malaga and Alicante I always use the same trusted car hire companies, they tend to be smaller local companies that have a fair fuel policy, don't take a massive deposit and have a reasonable priced daily excess insurance charge. I am looking for the same kind of car hire firm at Valencia airport and wonder if anyone can give me the name of a trusted company who isn't going to charge me over the top for a full tank of fuel, a huge daily excess insurance charge etc etc as alot of reviews I have read are really negative so need to find the right company. Thanks!

Like 0      
24 Aug 2015 5:34 PM by sping Star rating in Stockport & Playa Go.... 148 posts Send private message

sping´s avatar

We always use Hire cars in Spain, they are a broker based in the UK but the service they provide is great, helpful and friendly. Just had to upgrade our hire-car and the helped me pick the best car for our needs. they offer hire companies who do a full full fuel police, annual insurance policies and have negotiated a card swipe instead of taking the cash from your credit card with one hire company.

I can't think of any down side to using this broker (Hirecarsinspain) I have used them for the past 9 years with no complaints!

Other car hire brokers are available for hire out of Alicante and Murcia.

Like 0      
25 Aug 2015 1:49 PM by hosilverlining Star rating in Property owner in Gr.... 173 posts Send private message

We've started using Economy Car Hire following a recommendation.  They are Which? recommended and find very good deals.  Free additional driver, fuel policy is always clearly explained and is usually full/full - fill up close to drop off and you pay nothing.  So far we have had very good cars from very good companies.  The only exception is Malaga where Malagacar.com are rarely beaten on price.

Like 0      
25 Aug 2015 2:17 PM by sping Star rating in Stockport & Playa Go.... 148 posts Send private message

sping´s avatar

Hi hosilerlining, just out of interest, have you ever made a direct comparison between Economy Car Hire and Hirecarsinspain?

Just did this on the car I am about to hire and I seem to have got a better deal.

Ford focus, full/full, extra driver for €69:97

Like 0      
25 Aug 2015 3:38 PM by hosilverlining Star rating in Property owner in Gr.... 173 posts Send private message

No I haven't Sping, but I will do as we are looking for a hire car at Granada airport.  Will also try direct with the company we had our car with last time. 

Like 0      
25 Aug 2015 4:04 PM by hosilverlining Star rating in Property owner in Gr.... 173 posts Send private message

For our next trip to Granada Hirecarsinspain came out the most expensive.  But I do think it's a question of getting quotes for every trip as deals do change.

Like 0      
25 Aug 2015 5:46 PM by sping Star rating in Stockport & Playa Go.... 148 posts Send private message

sping´s avatar

Interesting and thanks for looking....

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Getting out of long term contract early - help! - 14 posts
help needed - 11 posts
Long term rental wanted Marbella San Pedro benahavis or Estepona area. - 0 posts
Clueless - 7 posts
What would you do differently? - 114 posts
PLAYING C.D. OR D.V.D. ON A COMPUTER - 3 posts
Tabarca Island - 1 posts
Cyclone Android X4 for Sale - 0 posts
Can I ask... - 13 posts
Maths Question - 9 posts
Bipolar - 1 posts
Furniture set for sale - 0 posts
Hi everyone I am new and thinking of moving to Spain - 21 posts
Garden Planters - 0 posts
Fishing advice! Help! - 0 posts
tax - 4 posts
Ski jobs - 0 posts
Help me to check the company in MURCIA - 5 posts
Smoking In Spain - 8 posts
Unaminity votes - 13 posts
Dog barking - 13 posts
Long term/annual car parking at Alicante & Murcia airports - 3 posts
Hi hoping to move to spain - 4 posts
Hispano-Suiza - 3 posts
Cars for sale - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x