New in Camposol

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
05 Jul 2015 4:19 PM by Cecilia1970 Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

I am writing this to try to help my freind, she has very recently moved to camposol and is currently struggling to find her feet.  I'm hoping someone out there can give me some pointers to give her.

She is errr, in her sixties and went to live in a small village near Mazarron with her partner.  That was 16 month's ago, about 2 months ago, unfortunately, he died very suddenly, leaving her very much alone.  Thinking that the best move was to go to where there were more British expats, she has rented a nice house in Camposol, but she is really struggling to a) find her way around, and b) integrate with other residents.

Any advice will be gratefully received.

Thanks.

body p

Like 0      
05 Jul 2015 4:26 PM by Hephaestus Star rating in The Peak District Na.... 1230 posts Send private message

Cecilia,

Such a sad story, we have members in Camposol, some being very verbal, your friend's problem gives them the opportunity of being very caring.

I'm Spartacus, well why not?

Like 0      
05 Jul 2015 5:45 PM by 2littletinkers Star rating in Naranjos 5. 549 posts Send private message

Have copied your post onto Facebook, there is a group called Preguntas y Mas, which has a lot of Camposol residents.  If your friend is on Facebook will you ask her to join this group.  If not, message her details to me and will pass them on. Have already had contact from another widow who would love to help, regards Denise

www.condadokidsclub.com

12 Months' Keyholding with weekly checks, just €99!!! Email condadokey@gmail.com

Like 0      
05 Jul 2015 5:47 PM by floella Star rating in SE Spain. 803 posts Send private message

If "she" were a "he" there wouldn't be a problem. Mature ladies sans partners would be queuing at his door, within nano seconds of a guys arrival, eager to run errands or with invites for a good slap up meal. Even couples will invite single men to a party without a thought of providing a female for him to chat to.

However, for ladies without a chaperone life is completely the opposite. Ŵomen in relationships can be openly hostile towards a single lady and watching for those imagined, or proven, " flirty, helpless girl moments " and men just carn't be bothered to go a visiting...unless they have more than friendship in mind.......

Fact of life. However the good news is......

There are multiple activities, all day and everyday in Camposol. All advertised in one of the freebie papers. All your friend has to do is involve herself in, indeed immerse herself ,in as many as she can and hopefully, in time, she will meet with people she can call friends.

Like 2      
06 Jul 2015 1:21 PM by Cecilia1970 Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Thank you for the advice, I will pass it on to my friend.  

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

New to Spain - 0 posts
help....is it doable driving to murcia from uk with 2 drivers & no stop over - 13 posts
How together from Los alcazares to seville - 2 posts
Local Doctors in Spain - 9 posts
Spanish law regarding renting out property short term - 2 posts
Corgi Registered Gas Fitter - Benalmadena - 5 posts
Metal grills and gate refurbishment - 1 posts
Duquesa to Puerto Banus Transport - 1 posts
Can anyone recommend a gardening/fencing service in Duquesa? - 0 posts
Estate Agent Jargon Explained - 0 posts
Ryanair/Hertz - 1 posts
Ralphy - 0 posts
IF WE COULD JUST FIGURE OUT WHO'S CAUSING THE PROBLEM?? > - 24 posts
Moors & Christians / Moros y Cristianos Festivals (any experts on here?) - 0 posts
NOW TV Box - 1 posts
Cucumber Gin in Spain - 2 posts
9 people hurt in Benidorm bombing by ETA today - 1 posts
Need blood test done - 13 posts
Thomas Cook Bonus for CEO - 1 posts
MARIA de CASTRO´s Law and Fun in ALCAIDESA - 0 posts
Spanish opera venues - 0 posts
Outdoor web cam or IP Camera - 12 posts
Tunisia Murders - 35 posts
Chris Williams Summer Football Camp Marbella - 0 posts
Let the 2015 females cackling competition start - nominations here - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x