Driving from uk to alicante

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
10 Jun 2015 12:29 AM by Danny69 Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi guys I'm new to this I am looking to drive to alicante from uk next year and looking for any tips costs etc on the best journeys and cost efficient any help or advice will be much appreciated thank u 

Like 0      
22 Aug 2015 11:33 AM by Bedbloke Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

My family and I drove from Calais to San Javier in May, in a Passat diesel estate car. Left Calais 0645 and went via Paris and then straight down the A1/A75 through central France and arrived Perpignon 700 miles later at 1845. Drove 3/4 hours at a time with 20 minute breaks, tolls for the day were 70 euros, paid with a credit or debit card swipe. Overnight stay was at a Kyriad motel, family room was 80 euros I think but without breakfast, we got on our way at 0800 and stopped for breakfast later. Went down the AP7 all the way past Barcelona and Valencia and arrived San Javier 500 miles later at 1630, tolls for the second day were 75 Euros. I've been told Spanish Tolls can be more expensive in summer holidays. Highlights were great motorways, family time (!) and seeing the Milau Viaduct. Motel was modern and comfortable but in a relatively industrial part, didn't bother us. Drove the reverse route a week later but stopped overnight further into France and took in some Paris sights on the way to Calais. Arrived at the Tunnel well in time for our crossing as it wast led and queues were long - but it was the last day of UK half term. I may well do it again in December and would appreciate any advice particularly to weather in the Massif Central, as the motorway is 3000m above sea level and not sure if snow is an issue!

Like 0      
22 Aug 2015 5:16 PM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

bedbloke

I've been told Spanish Tolls can be more expensive in summer holidays.

You are correct and I asked the question once why do you put the toll prices up in the summer and was told they don't and toll prices are reduced in the wintersmiley

Like 1      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Run UK business while living in Spain - 2 posts
Advice wanted Inflatable Hot Tub Costa del Sol Nerja/Malaga region - 6 posts
taboos in presenting wedding gifts - 1 posts
Using a gestor for sale of car in Spain - 4 posts
importing english car without recidencia! - 20 posts
Buying a 15 year old property with no escritura - 12 posts
Buying a 15 year old property with no escritura - 5 posts
chould someone tell me why spanish Minimum age for marriage is 16 years old? - 9 posts
Garrucha files for banruptcy - 0 posts
Residents getting quotes for works in the community. - 2 posts
Failure by bank to pay gas bill direct debit - 1 posts
Toni Muldoon - 0 posts
Contiflo - 1 posts
Loan for a new property - 21 posts
Double bed with storage underneath - 0 posts
long term rental advice - 0 posts
The Greek crisis - 114 posts
delivery problems - 1 posts
English Channels in Spain - 7 posts
minimum savings to stay in Spain - 9 posts
Endesa - subsequent bills? - 4 posts
Property Tax - 2 posts
Are you moving to Spain? - 0 posts
UK TV Progrmmes - 8 posts
Olvera properties or alficasa? - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x